1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by RBG, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Quanyails

Quanyails
    is an Artistis a Community Contributor

It's easier if you get multiple people participating in the same Funfest mission.
  2. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Isn't the entire point co-operating with your friends? Hence the crazier game requirements.
  3. Magicxgame

Magicxgame

Yeah, I was wondering if your partners' shards were combined with yours. It seemed like multiplayer Funfest was just a VS mode rather than co-op.

Guess I'm stuck at Level 2 if that's true. :(
  4. Level 51

Level 51 [17:37:18] boTTT: (Private to @Level 51) ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Whoa whoa whoa, you can co-op?
    /me smack self

I have noticed, though, that for some missions, Level 3 is very doable even for individuals.
  5. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

...ok fuck it i don't think you can :/
    sorry
    i might have confused it with something else :x
  6. rocky505

rocky505

Victini is getting bolt strike, blue flare and glaciate in an upcoming event.
  7. Flaresun

Flaresun

EDIT: V-create is legal with Bolt strike.
  8. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

Only thing new is Glaciate, V--Create and fusion moves were already given before.
  9. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Jack of All Trades

According to Serebii the moves are Blue Flare and Bolt Strike, not Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt.
  10. rocky505

rocky505

Re-read my post. I said nothing about the fusion moves.
  11. RBG

RBG Got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

It looks like it is stuck as Lax (+def, -SpDef) however
  12. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

That's a downer, Bolt Strike seemed like a great addition to CB Victini's movepool :/
  13. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Lax?!? What not Jolly nature? It would have made a lot more sense considering it's going to be released during the Christmas season? If they wanted to make sure if could use it's Atk and SpAtk "equally" they could have gone with a +Spd, -[Sp]Def nature instead.
  14. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

Lol my bad dude. I get the Fusions mixed up with the other signature moves. But for the most part I was just referencing how it won't be that big of an impact for Victini other than a stronger Physical Electric Move. Blue Flare is a bit underwhelming with all the fire type moves for it plus the fact Physical tends to be more common of a move-set due to V-Create (I am not saying physical is the only set, only saying it's the most common) (and also I think Blue Flare might be it's strongest sp. fire move now). Glaciate...um I can't think of any good uses with the low power. Bolt Strike is going to be fun with V-Create sets though. And the fact that it's lax...I'm just gunna see if there's any ev spread to make it usable.

Anyway. I'm happy seeing all the Japanese b/w 2 tournaments on the gl, now only if they'd come to the U.S. All-Star cup would be interesting, Eevee cup would be a fun distraction, and that Christmas cup looks amazing, despite the inevitable Arceus fest. I bet if anything all we get in the U.S. is vgc 2013 rule-set tournament.
  15. rocky505

rocky505

I doubt the victini is stuck at lax. The only events I can remember being stuck with 1 nature are lvl50 dragonite, shiny legendary beasts, VGC event pokemon.
  16. Aura Flare Riolu

Aura Flare Riolu

Lets hope it's a mistake and it's any nature or this will be as bad as that Quiet Eruption Heatran...
  17. rocky505

rocky505

At least it could be used in trick room teams.
  18. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

doesn't seem to be locked to lax though, according to bulbapedia

blue flare is basically fire blast with double the burnhax and 10 more bp, i guess it can work on a special victini
  19. PokeLink09

PokeLink09

I need some help in Pokemon Black 2. I am up to the sixth gym, and my team consists of Serperior, Darmanitan, Frillish, Gigalith, Unfezant, and Lucario. There are all level 37, and I was wondering who I should take out from my team. I was planning to use gigalith on Skyla's whole team, but her Swanna might take it out.
  20. rocky505

rocky505

Swanna won't take out gigalith thanks to sturdy.
  21. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

gigalith can just SR
    you can also detour to mistralton cave for the rock slide tm to use on darmanitan

as for who to drop, i suggest dropping frillish, since there're better water-types later. if you really need it, you can temporarily replace serperior with a generic zebstrika or joltik
  22. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

I want to ask a simple question referring to the Key System:
    I just beat Cheren in my Black2, can i unlock Challenge Mode even if i don't have a key to send to the other player?
    if no, when is the earlier time you can unlock challenge mode?
  23. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

no
    beat the champion
  24. Scrull

Scrull

I just got a weird glitch in Black 2 when I went to check the Hidden Grotto for a Ditto in Giant Chasm. There should be a hidden item there according to the Dowsing Machine, but I can't pick it up. Is there any way to fix this or is it impossible to get anything from there anymore?
  25. Arcticblast

Arcticblast (im)patiently waiting for SPL
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

This game is so goooooooood Mexican volcano town yay!

Question though: If I already have a BW1 Dream World account, will I need to make a new one for BW2 or can I use the same account?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)