Pokémon Black and White - Ingame Discussion

Pokabu is a beast. Plus you get the Grass monkey with Cheer Up.

Totally agree >:D. Been destroying the game with just those two so far.

I also agree that there is a lack of waters, but in reality, it makes a good bit of sense: not much water to really be giving waters much living space.

Totally agree >:D. Been destroying the game with just those two so far.

I also agree that there is a lack of waters, but in reality, it makes a good bit of sense: not much water to really be giving waters much living space.
I guess but its making it ahrd for me to decide on a water if i want go with the fire starter (Debating between water and fire starter)

If i do go with pokabu there is the water/rock fossil but then theres also not much flying options so im kinda wanting the flying fossil =/ (I have been hearing that the mamepoto line doesnt even learn a phsycial flying move until late so yeah)

The mamepoto line is really bad IMO. I personally went with the fire starter, so finding a water type will be key. Im personally looking at the pert of this generation, but I need to find it first >:D

The mamepoto line is really bad IMO. I personally went with the fire starter, so finding a water type will be key. Im personally looking at the pert of this generation, but I need to find it first >:D
And who would that be???

Do you find the grass monkey to be something you could use for the whole game or is its fragileness a problem or does it lack the power to it hard enough?

Also your planing on a team of 6? I usually do that and plan accordingly so they ahve decent movepools and are still able to fill the hms but seeing as even the elite 4 and gym leaders are only using 4 im considering going 4 and 2 hm slaves =(

Personally storm, my team is as follows (as of now):

lv. 21 Emboar (evolved pokabu)- Stats are nice, and a he carries some bulk. Currently, it has Nitro Charge, Arm Thrust, Smog, and tackle. With this moveset alone, I solo'ed the entire 2nd gym, and most of the first.

lv. 16 Yannappu (Grass monkey)- It's stats are nice and balanced so far, with it being just a little frail, BUT, it's my secondary sweeper for sure. It has vine whip, cheer up, fury swipes, and miracle seed as of now. It's also carrying a leech seed for a little extra boost to it's stab. Reason I always say that these two are all I need so far is because after a x2 cheer up, Yannappu sweeps EVERYTHING. Either Vine Whip OHKO's, or Fury Swipes 2HKO's. This thing is a monster to have at first.

My last poke is just a bidoof 2.0 for HM fodder, which is going to be it's only use.

The pert like pokemon of this gen im speaking of is Gamageroge, which is the 2nd evo of Otamaru. With the water/ground typing, and the excellent movepool I've seen so far, it will indeed make a great addition to the team. The other poke im looking at is Doryuzuu, the steel/ground. That thing alone has enough strength to boost it's attacks, and I plan to abuse the hell out of it's extreme bulk and attack stat. The next poke I'd be filling the team up with is Ono, the new Dragon. That's just a small tradition of mine that I usually grab a dragon for awesomeness sake(and it usually turns out great anyway xP).

With all that, my main team will equal out to 5 total pokes that can cover each others weakness decently enough, and possibly handle each gym either in pairs, or on their own. So having up to 6 pokes is still not a bad idea, it'll just depend on your teams composition. I personally dont mind having 2 HM slaves, but if I can make use of atleast one poke that has a HM (usually the water poke) I end up with just one HM slave anyway.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just started a playthrough. I don't read/speak the language but I feel like I can fudge my way through it regardless. Since I just started I cannot add to much however I am really enjoying the graphics, really spectacular!

Oh and i am accidently the opposite gender and I don't know what I put as my name. Oh well

EDIT won my first battle vs Fire Pig. It crit me (I think) but I crit it back then beat a speed Tie and hit it. It then used some stat lowering move (i think) twice letting me win.

EDIT 2 Won my second battle as well. My water starter rules!

after a x2 cheer up, Yannappu sweeps EVERYTHING. Either Vine Whip OHKO's, or Fury Swipes 2HKO's. This thing is a monster to have at first.
That doesn't sound very impressive. There are Pokemon like Dageki who can reliably OHKO or 2HKO without any cheer ups at all. Also, I'm pretty sure just about any ingame Pokemon can reliably sweep after x2 cheer ups (and just about anything can learn it from TM). I think the monkeys in general are being overrated.

I'm having a lot of fun with the Game, I'm just outside the 3rd City (2nd Gym) doing some training and this is my current team:

Mijumaru/Level 15: I haven't evolved my starter yet but I'm very pleased with Mijumaru, considering the lack of water types I definitely think he was the best choice. He did great in the 1st Gym and he can always take things down quickly with Water Gun

Shimama/Level 14: The moment I saw this Poke I wanted it. It really is very good, it has some great power from it's Shock Wave (not to mention it having an epic animation) and all in all he is very helpful.

Dangoro/Level 13: I caught Dangoro just because of his final evo, he's okay at the moment however he lacks any good moves, with his only offensive move tackle.

Boappu/Level 13: My Fire Monkey, Boappu was very helpful in the first gym, disposing of Dento's Grass Monkey. However I haven't been using him that much since, as he is very fragile and needs some better moves.

Koromori/Level 13: I got this guy because he can double up as my Flyer and also a Psychic Poke, I replaced Mamepato with him and he definitely seems the right choice.

Munna/Level 12: I got Munna because she has some great defences and looked really cute. For the moment however I'm not using her as I plan to replace her with a fighting poke as I already have a Psychic pokemon.

That doesn't sound very impressive. There are Pokemon like Dageki who can reliably OHKO or 2HKO without any cheer ups at all. Also, I'm pretty sure just about any ingame Pokemon can reliably sweep after x2 cheer ups (and just about anything can learn it from TM). I think the monkeys in general are being overrated.
Lol. If any ingame pokemon can reliably sweep after x2 cheer ups, that doesn't change the fact that MY monkey can do just fine with it. Im glad your Dageki can do it without the cheer ups, but I can care even less about that. And who the heck said the monkeys were overrated? If anything, they make the starting portion of the game alot easier regardless of how crappy they may become.

Just sayin xP

Alright. I just reached Huin city and I have a fairly nice team

Level 22 Janobi- I don't know what's up with all the Smugleaf line hate. This thing has been really helpful so far. The Unnamed 60 base power grass move in particular has been shredding things apart

Level 15 Darumakka- The newest addition to the team. He hasn't actually seen much combat, but it seems like he'd crush the bug gym

Level 14 Hiyappu- This thing has been good so far and it's movepool is absolutely huge (Theif, Rock Smash, Water Gun and Grass Knot? Yes please), but I've decided to change it out for another water type sometime soon as its evolution is absolutely hideous.

Level 22 Nageki- I caught one last night and this thing is AMAZING. It takes hits like no ones business and OHKOs everything with revenge. If you can find one in the wild, catch it. It's well worth it

Level 15 Shimama- It's been kind of helpful but it is way too frail. Might keep it, might not.

Also can anyone tell me where to get the mole pokemon? I want it very, very badly.

The electric zebra is really, really bad.

Also, I'd assume you find the mole somewhere on route 4, it's where I am right now and it's a sandstorm route.

Just beat the 8th gym and on the way to victory road. Pretty much played the whole game with pokabu/grass monkey and picked up the burglar croc about halfway through and it's saved my ass quite a few times. It really wasn't as hard as I thought to play through without having a clue of what the fuck is going on. I was only stuck on what to do twice, which is pretty good imo.

Just beat the 8th gym and on the way to victory road. Pretty much played the whole game with pokabu/grass monkey and picked up the burglar croc about halfway through and it's saved my ass quite a few times. It really wasn't as hard as I thought to play through without having a clue of what the fuck is going on. I was only stuck on what to do twice, which is pretty good imo.
GJ Badgerz. Simply confirming that pokabu + the grass monkey make this game hella easy xD. I've been spewing that combo all around the forums, and having someone else confirm it just makes me feel even better exploiting the hell out of it.

Mijumaru + Hihidaruma has been pretty potent so far as well. The fire monkey's terrible, but Darumakka is amazing...if occasionally frustrating due to Hustle's unreliability. But it hits really, really hard, and can be picked up before the third gym (go north out of Hiun, it's in the sandstorm area). Shell Blade hits hard after you get it, and Miji's movepool is pretty nice (Running Boiling Water/Aqua Jet/Revenge/Grass Knot at lvl 37). I've been also using the dog's final form, but really, he hasn't been that helpful. Currently at the electric cave after the fifth gym.

Just beat the 4th gym, and I found a shiny Yuniran! :D

Current team:

Piggy (Chaobuu) - Level 29
Ixion (Shimama) - Level 26
Brock (Yannaki) - Level 24
Tim (Hatooboo) - Level 24
Sobek (Warubiru) - Level 29
Hypno (Miruhoggu) -Level 22 (my HM slave)

Soon I'm gonna need a water-type, and I prefer Swanna to Hatoobo, so this is gonna change a bit soon.

In my game I just got to the big 3D city place. I'm LOVING this game... I feel it might just be my favorite game in the whole series! I like the atmosphere, the music, the sprites, the pokemon designs, everything. Hurrah for reusable TMs!

I feel Tsutaja really kinda sucked, so I dumped him and am rotating around a few others.
My team right now is
Second form of centipede guy: level 27
Fighting/Dark guy: level 23
(soon) sea turtle fossil guy (to help with the Flying/Fire weakness... )

Any recommendations for other members?

Oh crap the second gym is hard I'm in front of the gym leader and my team is

Water starter Lv 14
Puppy Lv 15
Fire monkey Lv 14
Weird rock thingy Lv 15
Pidgey equivalent Lv 14
Electric zebra Lv 14

And I'm seriously underleveled against the leader's level 18 and 20 pokes. Was I supposed to do something else first or is the game just hard? Because I haven't been skimping on my leveling.

Guy who posted the map, I love you. Anyways I'm grinding for the third gym right now, and the chicken thing owns(You get it in the desert), and I'm finding the grass monkey to be really underwhelming, it's just to weak

breh

強いだね
I think I've beaten around... say five gyms (I'm about to go to the ice gym, if it helps)

My pokemon are all level 39 or so; my Gantoru (rock tripod evolves from bob-omb) is level 40.

So far I have Emboar (Pokabu3), Musharna, Gamageroge (Floppy Tadpole's final form), Hahakurimo (Leaf Cutter bug's final form), Gantoru, and a level 7 Bidoof - er I mean - Minezumimi for HMs (So far... cut really). The game is, oddly enough, not terrible without a slave for fly.

Anyway, onto the Pokemon themselves.

Emboar: A hard hitter; it's neutered by the fact that there is rain on so many effing routes in Isshu. It also doesn't seem to learn many high power attack, but a meteor move that has 50 BP seems to always crit. Otherwise its movepool is terrible IMO (I haven't used any TMs though; unsure if they're reusable).

Musharna: DO NOT USE IT. You will be using a useless piece of crap until level 37 (When it learns Psychic... alternatively, one can evolve it directly after it gets Calm Mind two levels before). After this, though, you can evolve it and get the full benefit... Calm Mind+Psychic+Yawn+Moonlight+good stats is pretty cool. It's kind of like Dratini in HGSS - it seems like a good idea early on, it starts to suck midgame, and then gets amazing lategame.

Gamageroge: Not too strong, but it gets Muddy Water early on. Plus it sounds like a vibrating cellphone, lol. It's helped by the rain on most routes.

Hahakurimo: Amazing. Not once has it failed to work and has died around... say twice. Evolution is not too hard if you use regular potions instead of super potions after a battle (each healing item raises happiness by 1; if you use potions, you can often use 2 or 3 of them after one fight). It gets Leaf Blade, Slash, and X-Scissor and the Scope Lens is found naturally. Really, really great.

Gantoru: Pretty good... It learns Rock Slide and Stealth Rock by level, which is cool, and it soloed the flying gym (hence it's level 40, not 39...). It doesn't evolve without trading, which is a problem. I'm thinking of replacing it just for that, really... Anybody have any ideas? Preferably with typing that doesn't overlap.

@ Raseri: Grassmonkey is weak because you have to evolve it; it evolves with a Leaf Stone

Oh crap the second gym is hard I'm in front of the gym leader and my team is

Water starter Lv 14
Puppy Lv 15
Fire monkey Lv 14
Weird rock thingy Lv 15
Pidgey equivalent Lv 14
Electric zebra Lv 14

And I'm seriously underleveled against the leader's level 18 and 20 pokes. Was I supposed to do something else first or is the game just hard? Because I haven't been skimping on my leveling.
that's about where I was. You should try grinding against Tabbuune or whatever (the pokemon that gives lots of exp and is found on every route). Just run back and forth until you hear rustling grass, then just go to where the grass is and fight it. They are a godsend for grinding and you can keep finding them multiple times on the same route (though its usually a different patch of grass each time)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)