Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Ive had some wierd captures on Deinos... One minute im throwing out Ultra balls and they aren't even shimmying once before it breaks free. I ran out of Ultra, then Great balls..with the Pokemon only on 1 health due to false swipes, and then BAM i throw a Pokeballl and i catch it!

Odd thing was, i've caught more Deinos with Pokeballs than i have with Ultra.Great balls?! Wierd...

Ferroseed - #597 (Impish) : 31 / 31 / 31 / 19 / 24, 26 / 12
Ferroseed - #597 (Impish) : 31 / 31 / 18, 20, 22 / 5 / 31 / 19

I don't know why I keep getting the 7-10 split. This is like the 3rd time I had to make this decision. Both have perfect HP and Attack, but one has perfect def and passable special def while the other has perfect special defense and passable def. I'd imagine the one with perfect special defense is more desirable since i'm going to be using this to counter waters, electrics, grasses and latios, but what do yall think?

^Probably the Sp. Def one, but it doesn't matter all that much does it? And I guess it depends on the EV spread a bit.

Btw I'm new to Smogon so hi everyone.

Ferroseed - #597 (Impish) : 31 / 31 / 31 / 19 / 24, 26 / 12
Ferroseed - #597 (Impish) : 31 / 31 / 18, 20, 22 / 5 / 31 / 19

I don't know why I keep getting the 7-10 split. This is like the 3rd time I had to make this decision. Both have perfect HP and Attack, but one has perfect def and passable special def while the other has perfect special defense and passable def. I'd imagine the one with perfect special defense is more desirable since i'm going to be using this to counter waters, electrics, grasses and latios, but what do yall think?
Personally, I'd use the first spread because Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball is stronger against faster opponents and you want to be slow in order to use it effectively. But if countering those Pokemon is important to you, use the second one.

I'm in agreement with the other posters. The first set is better, as your overall defense will be higher and the speed is lower, which is better for Gyro Ball.

I thought about that, but I don't use gyro ball because my team appreciates paralysis. I use Power Whip/Leech Seed/Thunder Wave/Spikes. And I'm going to use it mostly to counter latios, who really tends to wreck my team.

I thought about that, but I don't use gyro ball because my team appreciates paralysis. I use Power Whip/Leech Seed/Thunder Wave/Spikes. And I'm going to use it mostly to counter latios, who really tends to wreck my team.
Still, the first choice lets you have the option in the future for a stronger Gyro Ball and it has a superior Special Defense anyway so it makes a better counter to Latios.

For critical capture, when it activates, I believe the game only runs the check 2 times instead of four times. Essentially, your chance of catching the mon is doubled, somewhat. :/

So, I thought I would try catching Reshiram with a quick ball just for kicks. Little did I know it would actually work.
That's because Reshiram and Zekrom have a catch rate of 45 (or was it 30?), higher than other legends. GF made it so that you have to catch them in order to proceed in the story, unless your team and PC are full, so they gave them that catch rate.

That's because Reshiram and Zekrom have a catch rate of 45 (or was it 30?), higher than other legends. GF made it so that you have to catch them in order to proceed in the story, unless your team and PC are full, so they gave them that catch rate.
Yep. Rioluke told me the same thing when we hung out last night. Darn. For a second there, I thought I'd done something extraordinary. Oh well, what it all comes down to is that I still have my Master Ball.

Not sure if this is the place for this but I got through the whole game without a critical catch then I got two in a row in white forest.

Still haven't seen a shiny. :(

Don't feel down, Slightly, I have only seen one wild shiny that wasn't the Red Gyarados, and it was an Adamant Cottonee with Infiltrator.

Speaking of critical catch...

Say I wanted to teach my Gengar Psychic for the battle tower and HAD to forget Pain Split, would Pain Split be relearnable via Heart Scale tutor?

Hoooooly crap I found a shiny wild Litwick! :3 I went back to the tower to look for a new Chandelure with a better a nature than my in-game one and OMG theres a nice shiny one! :D Hopefully its nature is good!

EDIT: Hmmm its Sassy. It COULD have been worse I suppose.

Speaking of critical catch...

Say I wanted to teach my Gengar Psychic for the battle tower and HAD to forget Pain Split, would Pain Split be relearnable via Heart Scale tutor?
I'm pretty sure the move relearner only teaches level up moves for the Pokemon. So no relearning egg moves, TM or tutor moves (whether from current or previous gens), or moves only learnt by a previous evolutionary stage.

So I'm at the point in the game where I have to catch Zekrom, and am thinking of using it with a set along these lines
Zekrom @(suggestions?)
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
4HP/ 252Att./ 252Spe
Hone Claws/ Thunder Wave
Lightning Strike
Dragon Claw
Draco Meteor
The above information is just a skeleton, mind you, I'm still trying to figure it out. First of all, getting a decent Zekrom sounds incredibly difficult having to get it during the story, but I'm trying. For use semi-competitevly, would Hone Claws or Thunder Wave be a better option? Thunder Wave means I do not have to invest as heavily in Speed and provides good team support, especially if I decide to use slower Pokemon, but it also makes it more prone to Ground type Pokemon. If I use Hone Claws, Lightning Strike and Draco Meteor have their accuracy boosted so I won't get those annoying misses, and my STABS will get boosted as well. But then I have to invest in Speed and also give some EVs to SpA so Draco Meteor isn't a wasted slot, or is it powerful enough without investment? And if I use Thunder Wave, will Dragon Claw be powerful enough, or will I have to use Outrage for best results, and then should I worry about the lock-in/confusion effect? Also, reminder that this is a *semi-competitive* Zekrom, so not all metagame threats apply. Mostly for local tourneys and battles with friends, Battle Frontier, and some Wi-Fi battling. Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)