Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (All Generations)

Amen to the OPness of multi-hit moves. In RRT I would always panic when a Fearow came after me in Mt. Lava. Fury Attack would always screw me over.

gotta love RRT where dumping Bullet Seed onto your grass pokemon turned it into an instant-murder machine

i don't think there are any other ranged multi-hit moves though :/

But they always seem to firre 3+ times, so you are almost guaranteed 2-3 hits. And if you use them at a distance you can always fire again.

That is why I like Aurasphere though, as it will always hit no matter how far away you are (within range of course)

so a japanese demo came out recently

i watched a youtube video of it and... holy damn this game looks amazing. i am pumped for this to come out

music is good as always

But they always seem to firre 3+ times, so you are almost guaranteed 2-3 hits. And if you use them at a distance you can always fire again.

That is why I like Aurasphere though, as it will always hit no matter how far away you are (within range of course)
it's more of a general nerf to multi-hit moves, i had had cases where i miss bullet seed all 5 times :<

I've been waiting forever for a new PMD game. And it's on the 3DS as well! I watched a couple videos and I can't believe I hadn't heard about it 'till recently, the whole game just looks amazing. I am also ashamed...

The new game really does look great. I'm very cautious to get excited about new Pokemon these days, as I see them as rather exploitative, but it certainly is exciting to see the PMD series getting such a drastic revamp. (Hell, even the main series Pokemon RPGs have stuck to sprites unless you count Colosseum/XD.)

I really loved the story of PMD 2, though I thought it was kind of a waste of time to come out with another game (or... a pair of them) so quickly after the last... (why they no just make Explorers of Sky in the first place? ...sigh except of course to make money)

A new generation of Pokemon is as good a reason as any to make a new PMD, I suppose, but here's hoping they expand on the old formula in more ways than just adding the Unovamons.

Wait, I just realised that with a BW PMD game, they'd probably include DW abilities, right?
And following the PMD tradition, every pokemon would have all of their possible abilities, right?
...I'm grabbing a Technician/Skill Link Cincinno asap.

A new generation of Pokemon is as good a reason as any to make a new PMD, I suppose, but here's hoping they expand on the old formula in more ways than just adding the Unovamons.
They don't have to be innovative. I'm predicting them to add a few cool 3D scenes and features and leave everything as it is, and that's perfect.

The last thing I want is an over-complication similar to what happened to the main Pokemon games over time.

(By the way, the games are out in japland. Not spoiling myself, even though I don't plan on getting a 3DS, but...)

Yeah that blows, but apparently another big change is that ALL of your recruited Pokemon gradually level up even when they're benched, which is amazing and might actually make using different dudes a viable strategy.

Yeah that blows, but apparently another big change is that ALL of your recruited Pokemon gradually level up even when they're benched, which is amazing and might actually make using different dudes a viable strategy.
When I originally saw that this would happen, I was upset. However, you have made a good point: it might actually make using different Pokemon a viable strategy because they will be on-par with your starter / partner. I will see how much I like this new feature when I get the game.

Also agreeing that not being able to do multiple missions in one go blows.

Ok gotta ask because it's probably the only unclear fact about the new PMD. How many pokemon are in the game? I saw something on serebii mention like 130 something pokemon available for recruiting before post game (If I remember correctly), but is there any source that says how many pokemon in total are in the game?

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
apparently you won't be able to clear multiple missions in the same dungeon in one go
oh dear god this is gonna be unpleasant
still PMD is 2 gud so w/e still probably gonna play

Ok gotta ask because it's probably the only unclear fact about the new PMD. How many pokemon are in the game? I saw something on serebii mention like 130 something pokemon available for recruiting before post game (If I remember correctly), but is there any source that says how many pokemon in total are in the game?
I'm deliberately avoiding most info about the game, but think of it this way: so far all the games had every Pokemon up to and including that game's generation. This game should have plenty of bonus dungeons (with the whole warp detection 3DS feature thing), so I wouldn't put it beyond the game to have ALL of the Pokemon recruitable.

Wait, stuff stuck off the party still level? Oh man, I always wanted to conveniently use stuff recruited in the past like that, unlike in PMD2 where "oh hey let's separate you and your partner from everyone else and keep them from gaining levels while you're away".

Bummer on the mission thing though.

Eh, not having both abilities can suck, but at the same time it can be helpful. I mean like really, if you had the choice between Illuminate and anything else wouldn't you pick the other ability?

This page implies that every Pokemon can only have one ability in this game. A bit of a bummer, but I suppose it helps balance some Pokemon.
So now Cincinno won't be OP. And my opinion about this game goes apprehensive to even more apprehensive.

... Yeah, couldn't think of a good way to finish that sentence.

Also money cap of 9999 what the fuck Chunsoft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)