Pokémon trivia you may have missed!

Your point? I'm stating a fact.

Besides, Prism Scale is a hold item. It's purpose only takes effect when held. Magmarizer, Dragon Scale, Up-Grade, Protector, etc. are all held items.

The Generation II games remain the only ones in the series where it is possible to have your Pokemon lose Experience Points. Depositing a Pokemon in the Day Care and then withdrawing it before it gains a level will reset its EXP bar and will be empty, regardless of how much the EXP bar was filled when you deposited it.

I don't get it... what does this mean? I've never used Chatot but I've seen that a lot of tournament ban it???
It means if you use Chatter's outside of battle effect, Chatot's cry will change into whatever you record so therefore you can have Chatot swear at people.

So yes you can get a pokemon to shout out "F U!" for you.

Not sure if you need Chatter to keep its cry but if you deposit it then it loses its Chatter cry.

I thought that Chatot's cry will return to its normal one once Chatter is forgotten.

If so, then all they need to do to avoid obscenities or other complications is to ban Chatter, like they banned Sky Drop and Dark Void.

However, if Chatot keeps its custom cry after forgetting Chatter (but without getting deposited), then I could see the reason.

The only Pokemon in the game with a single digit base stat are Shedinja, Happiny, Chansey, Shuckle, and Munchlax. The number of Pokemon with single digit stats are 6, which, coincidentally, is a single digit number.

I thought that Chatot's cry will return to its normal one once Chatter is forgotten.

If so, then all they need to do to avoid obscenities or other complications is to ban Chatter, like they banned Sky Drop and Dark Void.

However, if Chatot keeps its custom cry after forgetting Chatter (but without getting deposited), then I could see the reason.
I'm actually wondering if separate from swearing, Chatter gets banned for technical reasons. A Pokémon is hardly a lot of data, really; you can store all the competitively relevant information in a few bytes, and that's all that would be needed for a battle. If you start recording sound on top of that, suddenly there's a huge amount more information being relayed, and it's possible that Game Freak wouldn't want to redesign their servers to cope with one Pokémon's gimmick (especially because you'd have to either have a special case for Chatot, making testing much harder, or store a sound clip for every Pokémon which would only be used by a few).

Jigglypuff is rather odd as that in Super Smash Bros., the playable one has green eyes but is not shiny.

Also, both Mewtwo and Meowth were planned to be playable in Smash 64, but both were cancelled (the former would be in Melee, the latter would only appear as a Poke Ball assist). It's unknown as to why Jigglypuff was the one chosen, but it has been presumed she was chosen over the other ones due to ease of programming (having similar movements to Kirby).

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Also, both Mewtwo and Meowth were planned to be playable in Smash 64, but both were cancelled (the former would be in Melee, the latter would only appear as a Poke Ball assist). It's unknown as to why Jigglypuff was the one chosen, but it has been presumed she was chosen over the other ones due to ease of programming (having similar movements to Kirby).
Wrong.

Meowth and mewtwo have never been confirmed by Nintendo to be in any kind of development in 64. iirc, bowser and king dedede were the only canceled characters that were actually going to be in the game, but there has been speculation over things ranging from Pit to Meowth, all of which are undoubtedly loose speculation.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I'm pretty sure Meta Knight and I think Peach were supposed to be in there as well, as were Final Smashes.
No, that's more fan-made rumours.
If kirby was in it and D3 was planned, would they really put in 3 kirby characters?
Also bar samus who at the time was not a girl (I think) everyone there were boys, and Peach is also just a support character which there were none of in smash 64. (Not sexist in the first part, a fact)

Pikachu was at the time genderless, actually I seem to recall Ash saying Pikachu was a girl to Richie, so the pikachu in smash was probably female

No, that's more fan-made rumours.
SSBWiki said:
According to a page on the Japanese Super Smash Bros. site, Bowser was planned to be playable, but was cut; King Dedede, Peach, Mewtwo, Meowth, and Pit are also mentioned as being cut, though no other information is available.
Apparently no MK but there was supposed to be Peach and Meowth (also Pit).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)