1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon trivia you may have missed!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Scorpio, Jan 15, 2013.

1. KevlarX290

KevlarX290

Your point? I'm stating a fact.

Besides, Prism Scale is a hold item. It's purpose only takes effect when held. Magmarizer, Dragon Scale, Up-Grade, Protector, etc. are all held items.
  2. Bummer

Bummer .etiuq ooT
    is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Art Co-Leader

Today I realised that the reason Mr Mime has the Soundproof ability is because mimes are silent.
    youngjake93, Lanturn314 and jynx like this.
  3. Glen

Glen
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

shiiiIIIIIIIIIT
  4. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Ridiculously late post, but this is because Chatter becomes Chatot's cry.
  5. reaverz

reaverz

The Generation II games remain the only ones in the series where it is possible to have your Pokemon lose Experience Points. Depositing a Pokemon in the Day Care and then withdrawing it before it gains a level will reset its EXP bar and will be empty, regardless of how much the EXP bar was filled when you deposited it.
  6. btdamron

btdamron

Holy crap!!! Now it makes sense!!!
  7. DrRobotnik

DrRobotnik

Arcanine is the only Pokemon in any of the games with its BST being repeated digits.

Gotta check 'em all.
  8. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

I don't get it... what does this mean? I've never used Chatot but I've seen that a lot of tournament ban it???
  9. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

It means if you use Chatter's outside of battle effect, Chatot's cry will change into whatever you record so therefore you can have Chatot swear at people.

So yes you can get a pokemon to shout out "F U!" for you.

Not sure if you need Chatter to keep its cry but if you deposit it then it loses its Chatter cry.
  10. Zowayix

Zowayix

I thought that Chatot's cry will return to its normal one once Chatter is forgotten.

If so, then all they need to do to avoid obscenities or other complications is to ban Chatter, like they banned Sky Drop and Dark Void.

However, if Chatot keeps its custom cry after forgetting Chatter (but without getting deposited), then I could see the reason.
  11. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Despite being a common and annoying Pokémon, Zubat and its family are the only Pokémon with the Poison/Flying type.
  12. DrRobotnik

DrRobotnik

The only Pokemon in the game with a single digit base stat are Shedinja, Happiny, Chansey, Shuckle, and Munchlax. The number of Pokemon with single digit stats are 6, which, coincidentally, is a single digit number.
  13. Shiruba

Shiruba

crobat is actually bigger than charizard. it's, like, 5'11 in imperial.
  14. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Seviper is one of the largest Pokémon, at 8'10". In fact, most serpentine Pokémon are quite large.
  15. Shiruba

Shiruba

you could interpret that as how long they are, though...
  16. bobbyvaporeon

bobbyvaporeon

wat
  17. callforjudgement

callforjudgement

I'm actually wondering if separate from swearing, Chatter gets banned for technical reasons. A Pokémon is hardly a lot of data, really; you can store all the competitively relevant information in a few bytes, and that's all that would be needed for a battle. If you start recording sound on top of that, suddenly there's a huge amount more information being relayed, and it's possible that Game Freak wouldn't want to redesign their servers to cope with one Pokémon's gimmick (especially because you'd have to either have a special case for Chatot, making testing much harder, or store a sound clip for every Pokémon which would only be used by a few).
  18. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

Jigglypuff is rather odd as that in Super Smash Bros., the playable one has green eyes but is not shiny.

[​IMG]

Also, both Mewtwo and Meowth were planned to be playable in Smash 64, but both were cancelled (the former would be in Melee, the latter would only appear as a Poke Ball assist). It's unknown as to why Jigglypuff was the one chosen, but it has been presumed she was chosen over the other ones due to ease of programming (having similar movements to Kirby).
  19. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick, I knew him, Peter Gabriel too!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

I guess you have no idea how ridiculously popular the puff is in Japan do you?
    jynx likes this.
  20. Celever

Celever

Wrong.

Meowth and mewtwo have never been confirmed by Nintendo to be in any kind of development in 64. iirc, bowser and king dedede were the only canceled characters that were actually going to be in the game, but there has been speculation over things ranging from Pit to Meowth, all of which are undoubtedly loose speculation.
  21. DrRobotnik

DrRobotnik

I'm pretty sure Meta Knight and I think Peach were supposed to be in there as well, as were Final Smashes.
  22. Celever

Celever

No, that's more fan-made rumours.
    If kirby was in it and D3 was planned, would they really put in 3 kirby characters?
    Also bar samus who at the time was not a girl (I think) everyone there were boys, and Peach is also just a support character which there were none of in smash 64. (Not sexist in the first part, a fact)
  23. Lelouch6

Lelouch6

Pikachu was at the time genderless, actually I seem to recall Ash saying Pikachu was a girl to Richie, so the pikachu in smash was probably female
  24. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

25. DrRobotnik

DrRobotnik

Apparently no MK but there was supposed to be Peach and Meowth (also Pit).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)