Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Sunday with some more Demo footage

wow these animations, dem graphics! OMG!
Also, the second move Gogat did was the same one that Sylveon FIRST did in it's first reveal trailer. Which means it JUST MIGHT BE Double-Edge or Take-Down or some other Tackling Normal move...did anyone see Gogoat taking recoil?
It's Double-Edge, yes

Pokemon Sunday with some more Demo footage

wow these animations, dem graphics! OMG!
Also, the second move Gogat did was the same one that Sylveon FIRST did in it's first reveal trailer. Which means it JUST MIGHT BE Double-Edge or Take-Down or some other Tackling Normal move...did anyone see Gogoat taking recoil?

Edit: most likely Double-Edge or Take-Down as you can hear the Low HP music coming on after it does it...and turning off...omg it turned off?! YES NO MORE ANNOYING LOW HP MUSIC!!
Now it's like an alert...SO MUCH BETTER!
Aww, I liked the way Gen V handled it. It made battling with Low HP a nerve-racking adrenaline rush. It was tense and exciting. GO BACK TO THE GEN V LOW HEALTH MUSIC

Opted to do some calcs (yeah, I know) with and without Life Orb on Normal Mewtwo. It appears that Mega Mewtwo has very high SPA if I'm not too off.

Say 188-205 base SPA assuming that opposing Dragonite also had flawless IVs and a neutral nature. I'm only basing this off of the damage dealt and a comparable item boost, by the way. It seems the lack of Life Orb isn't actually significant.

We possibly have a Kyurem forme megaton part II.

Last edited:
So, anyone evolved their starters yet (If the demo allows that)? People lucky enough to get the demo should be grinding their starters.

We possibly have a Kyurem forme megaton part II.
Also, Mewtwo already has very high speed. This thing's gonna be a beast. But yeah, we'll have to see if its other Stats are compromised.

Fly is returning.. with the generic bird sprite. Oh well.

Sylveon can survive a rain boosted critical Hydro Pump from Politoed.
Got that from one of the comments on Pokéjungle. So, 110 HP and 130 SpD? Or 130 HP and 110 SpD?

Last edited:
Is it weird that I feel absolutely nothing for Mewtwo being stronger (& faster maybe)

It's just like
Oh boy
Uber Pokemon gets more useful truly earthshattering

So, anyone evolved their starters yet (If the demo allows that)? People lucky enough to get the demo should be grinding their starters.
Of course not, the demo's on a time limit and the Pokemon you face aren't enough to level up your level 30 starter
And I suspect that even if you could level them up in a short amount of time, they'd be set to not evolve.

Got that from one of the comments on Pokéjungle. So, 110 HP and 130 SpD? Or 130 HP and 110 SpD?
Someone calculated earlier in the thread that it seems very likely Sylveon will have base 95 HP. It might have base 110 HP if the IV in the demo was 0, but that seems unlikely.

If the Politoed comment is correct, then both 110 or 130 are possible values for Sylveon's Sp. Def.

Someone calculated earlier in the thread that it seems very likely Sylveon will have base 95 HP. It might have base 110 HP if the IV in the demo was 0, but that seems unlikely.

If the Politoed comment is correct, then both 110 or 130 are possible values for Sylveon's Sp. Def.
Yup sylveon likely has 95-110 hp and 110~130 special defense

According to this guy, Sylveon was apparently hit by a Dragon Pulse from Noivern. This would means Fairy is not immune to Dragon moves.

On that blog, you will find other interesting revelations he's posting such as Paralysis supposedly being able to cure itself like Confusion, Sleep and Freeze.

Take these with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Rain + Dry Skin + Leftovers + Parabolic Charge is pretty sweet.

He's, like, the ultimate rain counter.
Hah no. He will just be yet another Rain staple.

According to this guy, Sylveon was apparently hit by a Dragon Pulse from Noivern. This would means Fairy is not immune to Dragon moves.

On that blog, you will find other interesting revelations he's posting such as Paralysis supposedly being able to cure itself like Confusion, Sleep and Freeze.

That paralysis bit is exactly why I believe this guy is full of shit.

i dont know how i feel about paralysis healing itself(i know its like only a 99.999% chance of being a thing) but the idea makes jirachi and togekiss nerfed

According to pokejungles twitter it's all fake

Until we get more reports on the double battle showcase etc, don't discuss the guy's stuff

e: oh and what widget said

A little obscure, but did anyone see what happens when a Pokemon misses an attack? I'm kinda hoping there will be an animation for it, or that some animations won't look ridiculous when they get hit by an attack (think Yanmega from Battle Revolution - it wouldn't get hit by beam attacks because it would hover to the side). I just kinda hope it won't be like "X used Hydro Pump! It missed!" and the other Pokemon is just standing there.

They need not nerf Paralysis, but they need to do something about ParaFlinch. It's definitely one of the cheapest strategies around. Maybe GF can make it so that paralyzed Pokemon can never flinch or something along those lines.

Last edited:
Thinking about one aspect of the basically reliable Pokebeach rumors that still isn't clear: dual typed moves.I'm wondering if they'll work like Psyshock or Psystrike. Just as those moves are, in a sense, both physical and special, some moves could show different typings to the user and target. So for the purpose of application of STAB or triggering of Gems or Adaptability they could have one type but hit with different typed damage.

Glow Punch.
That mysterious move Fennekin used against Litleo in a previous video.
The animation looks like a firey punch but it did a real number on Fire/Normal Litleo who would've resisted a Fire attack.
Maybe the answer is that it's a Fire attack to Fennekin and is therefore STAB boosted but also connects Litleo as an SE Fighting attack.
Hmmm...

If Scald were retconned as such a move Water types would gain a STAB move that deals Fire damage.
Grass types wither in fear!

Last edited:
Thinking about one aspect of the basically reliable Pokebeach rumors that still isn't clear: dual typed moves.I'm wondering if they'll work like Psyshock or Psystrike. Just as those moves are, in a sense, both physical and special, some moves could show different typings to the user and target. So for the purpose of application of STAB or triggering of Gems or Adaptability they could have one type but hit with different typed damage.

Glow Punch.
That mysterious move Fennekin used against Litleo in a previous video.
The animation looks like a firey punch but it did a real number on Fire/Normal Litleo who would've resisted a Fire attack.
Maybe the answer is that it's a Fire attack to Fennekin and is therefore STAB boosted but also connects Litleo as an SE Fighting attack.
Hmmm...

If Scald were retconned as such a move Water types would gain a STAB move that deals Fire damage.
Grass types wither in fear!
or it could just be another elemental punch for like fairys or something since the whole glow things fairy like

Reactions: PME
Yeah. It could be anything.
(Interestingly, it would have been a non-STAB attack resisted by Litleo if Fairy.)
Anyway that's my theory.

Do we know whether it was SE against Litleo?
No I dont think we know for sure.
People were trying to guess from the sound effect and the fact that it did a ton of damage.
I'll see if I can find a video.

EDIT:
It cut away to a different shot when HP was yellow and falling.
But there's also a HUGE level imbalance it seems so much can't be gleaned.
It's mostly a hunch that Glow Punch is the real Fire/Punch and dual-typed moves will work that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)