Pokemon 2012- R/S/E remake?

spent five minutes trying to figure out what Ala had to do with the Wii U.

>:L
LOL

I just realised that the Wii U is likely going to be deathly expensive due to the tablet being built into the controller. The game-play better damn well be worth it.

LOL

I just realised that the Wii U is likely going to be deathly expensive due to the tablet being built into the controller. The game-play better damn well be worth it.
Well remember, it's currently set up so you will only ever use 1 of the new controllers with the Wii U actually, all the other Wii accessories are largely compatible with it still and their oddball plan is to use those as well. Really dunno how they're planning to succeed with that model of operation personally, but eh, maybe it'll change by release. But that's what I remember them saying at E3 last year anyways.

Well remember, it's currently set up so you will only ever use 1 of the new controllers with the Wii U actually, all the other Wii accessories are largely compatible with it still and their oddball plan is to use those as well. Really dunno how they're planning to succeed with that model of operation personally, but eh, maybe it'll change by release. But that's what I remember them saying at E3 last year anyways.

Well that's odd. But I suppose that's Nintendo for us. Well, we'll see soon enough.

If anyone would like to post ideas for new pkmn or stuff like that I'm open to it.

I also think it's cool that the only types dragon has never been paired with are normal, grass, rock, and poison.(right?)

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
why would there be new pokemon?

there's no precedent for remakes including new mons and it would really screw with the dexes

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I'm in favor of removing all Pokemon 387-649 (excluding 587) from the games. I hate the new mons.

I also think it's cool that the only types dragon has never been paired with are normal, grass, rock, and poison.(right?)
There's still no Fighting-Dragon or Bug-Dragon Pokemon, either.

On topic: I REALLY am against doing a Hoenn remake series, at least for now. It's still possible to get pretty much every Pokemon made before Black & White through the other games, and it's not that hard. Aside from making money, Fire Red and Leaf Green were made because Ruby and Sapphire lacked many of the Pokemon that people liked from the first two generations (which I think is one of the big reasons people dropped off the fanbase in 3rd-Gen). The Gamecube games served the same purpose with more complicated and frustrating results, so Heart Gold and Soul Silver came into being, too. They not only revamped the Johto region, but the games also allowed easy access to even more Pokemon people missed using.

Right now, it's actually fairly easy to get all of the Pokemon (besides Event-only monsters) just by playing through the other games. Many Hoenn Pokemon are even available in Heart Gold and Soul Silver shortly after clearing the main game. AND you can transfer them to Black and White if you want them so badly on there. So I don't see why Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire (I'll be surprised if those are NOT the names of the remakes if they ever happen) need to exist yet. Unless they do something outrageous to the Pokemon in Hoenn, like give them all their Dream World abilities in the wild.

It doesn't matter whether or not you think it is time for a remake, they are inevitably going to happen. Nintendo knows very well that they can get free money by using black and whites system to remake the old games, creating a product that will sell like crazy without giving any serious effort. Nintendo doesn't care whether every pokemon is readily available, and neither do the millions of kids who just started playing pokemon and don't have any memories of the old games. The decision is so easy that it's laughable to think that they wouldn't do it, the games will probably pay for themselves within a month of being released.

It doesn't matter whether or not you think it is time for a remake, they are inevitably going to happen. Nintendo knows very well that they can get free money by using black and whites system to remake the old games, creating a product that will sell like crazy without giving any serious effort. Nintendo doesn't care whether every pokemon is readily available, and neither do the millions of kids who just started playing pokemon and don't have any memories of the old games. The decision is so easy that it's laughable to think that they wouldn't do it, the games will probably pay for themselves within a month of being released.
Exactly, Nintendo is a company, and companies generally like making money. And if nothing else, they'll release us simply because most of us expect them to.
What kind of surprises me is I haven't heard anyone talk about R/B remakes. Sure, we already got some, but they were from the same gen as R/S/E, and I personally wouldn't mind being able to revisit classic (not G/S) kanto without digging up my GBA.

Exactly, Nintendo is a company, and companies generally like making money. And if nothing else, they'll release us simply because most of us expect them to.
What kind of surprises me is I haven't heard anyone talk about R/B remakes. Sure, we already got some, but they were from the same gen as R/S/E, and I personally wouldn't mind being able to revisit classic (not G/S) kanto without digging up my GBA.
We don't have a precedent for that. We have gen I and gen II remakes.

RBY remakes won't happen until well into 6th gen I'd imagine on the 3DS (and we're talking several years still), as by then all old phat DS with GBA slots will have been extinct for a while.

Speaking of RBY, I'd like to see it be a "reverse" of GSC; that is, once you get through Kanto, instead of just Cerulean Cave/Sevii Islands, why not open a basic form of Johto to go through? Then you can collect those 8 badges and re-challenge the Indigo Plateau, which would then revert to its GSC members over the RBY ones. And of course still have Mt. Silver (though with Gary as the final isolated champ), maybe even an event where it shows the volcano on Cinnabar blowing after you beat the E4 in the RBY part.

Ruby was my first game ever, Pokemon or not. For someone who grew up on the 3rd Generation I would love to see it come back in a better light. I could play through it five or more times and each time have a completely different team; the amount of usable Pokemon was astounding to me. And like mentioned in previous posts, the region, in comparison to other generations, was incredibly fun to adventure through. There was a vast array of biomes, and with enhanced graphics, which are inevitable, I cannot imagine what Nintendo will come up with. I can barely rap my mind around the nostalgic rush my head will get when I travel up Route 119 to Fortree City, through shoulder high grass under the intense thunder and lightning introduced in BW. And with even the mountain aesthetics introduced in DPP/HGSS alone, locations such as Mt. Chimney and Mt. Pyre, Sootopolis City and the Sky Piller would become even more difficult and visually pleasing to transverse. Then there are all of the memorable characters you meet in every town, and, in Emerald, the constant, plot-invoking encounters from characters like Steven, Scott or Team Magma and Team Aqua, that make for smooth progression throughout the story. How could one not want all of that back? Especially when it could all look just as sharp as BW does, or who knows, quite possibly even better and more hands-on.

To state that a RSE remake is not worth it is just crazy. Granted, I am a huge RSE fanboy, but that being said, it doesn't take away from my point: the possibilities a RSE remake contains is mind-boggling. I'm highly anticipating these games.

there's no precedent for remakes including new mons and it would really screw with the dexes
Mostly true, but FRLG "introduced" Deoxys, as he was unobtainable at that point and only existed in the game data. It's possible one of the unreleased mons will be available in the next remake, but as far as I'm aware they're possible to get in BW with hacked items or something.

We don't have a precedent for that. We have gen I and gen II remakes.
Precedent? Give me one reason why they wouldn't make Pokemon Yellow for its 15th anniversary in the fall of '13. It's unlikely, but Nintendo does not care at all for the availability of current mons, the fact HGSS just had Kanto, for "precedent", or anything like that. They just want money!

However, games with 2 versions sell more, so it'd be a waste of resources to put it towards a single remake.

Speaking of resources, those expecting a remake this year are not thinking clearly. Pokemon has two "teams", the ones that make the remakes and the ones that make the main games/third versions. There's crossover, but they work on two games at once. Consider there was a 5 year gap between FRLG and HGSS, which were released 2.5 years ago in Japan. It is highly unlikely that we'll be seeing a remake of the third gen so soon.

Not to mention there's a good chance that the games will be on the 3DS! Game Freak was one of the first companies to get the dev kit, so they've had it for ~2 years. A year and a half more would be a normal dev cycle for a game, so Fall 2013 seems most likely to me.

That and I'm also just hoping for them to be named Magenta and Cyan :happybrain:

I for one, would love to see a RES remake. It was the first gen that I entered into, and to me, it has sentimental value (not that trollfreak cares).

I would love to see what they would do with the environment, as I've noticed that most of the regions have a theme, with hoenn being tropical, Johto has an asian feel to it, Sinnoh is obviously a colder region, and Unova+Kanto are a mix.

This is free money. Trollfreak won't hesitate to make free money. While it may not be soon, I am expecting them to make a remake. Otherwise Trollfreak is missing out on a lot.

RBY remakes won't happen until well into 6th gen I'd imagine on the 3DS (and we're talking several years still), as by then all old phat DS with GBA slots will have been extinct for a while.

I always seened it as:

3rd gen got 1st gen remake
4th got 2nd
so
5th gets 3rd
6th gets 4th
7th gets 5th

and on and on and on.....

I always thought pokemon was predictable in patterns like every even generation we'll get two new eevee's(we'll see that in gen6), and as above just release a remake 2 generations back. Theres a few other notable patterns.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^Just remember that linear regression can be a liar sometimes...

I think the Eevee thing is just a mere coincidence. After all, it has only happened twice; in Gen. II and Gen. IV. Had it been Gen. II and Gen. V, we'd be expecting the next ones to come around in Gen. VIII or Gen. VI, depending on whether you think there would be two generations between each set of new Eeveelutions, or whether the Eevee family would get new members two generations in a row followed by two without.

But the "remake every generation two gens later" pattern, I can see the logic behind that. The first time a generation rolls around, the buyers are little kids who love their new game to bits. Then, two generations later, they are in their early teens, and the old games have grown nostalgic to them, so they buy the remakes to experience the joy of their childhood once again.

However, those of us who were seven years old when Red and Blue first were released, turn 21 this year. And, after all, the Pokémon games are made for children, and are also quite time-consuming. And as the amount of friends playing the games decrease over time, the social aspect slowly fades away as well. So remaking Red/Blue again wouldn't appeal to very many people compared to Ruby/Sapphire. Yes, there were kids who got FR/LG as their first games, but those would likely have played Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald as well, remember the strong interaction between games of the same generation and the fact that FR/LG contained only a little over half the available Pokémon at the time. In short, Ruby/Spphire appeals to more people, while Red/Blue have had their time in the limelight.

But I do think we'll see Kanto again some day. But it will be quite different from its first appearance.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I always seened it as:
really hope this was intentional
3rd gen got 1st gen remake
4th got 2nd
so
5th gets 3rd
6th gets 4th
7th gets 5th
yes but as has been (hopefully anyways, I haven't been keeping up with this thread, I can't remember if I mentioned it earlier, or if I posted itt) mentioned, there is no reason to remake r/s. When frlg came out you couldn't get all the original 151 because of lack of b/c. You couldn't get g/s pokes either, so they remedied that in gen four.
End of gen four was the first time that you could actually get every pokemon legally.
r/s/e pokemon can still be transfered from the original cartridges. Remaking the games doesn't add to the complete-ability of any game.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
but Nintendo prints money.

I don't see how much simpler that we can make this. Nintendo doesn't give a crap whether or not you can already get the Pokemon from Gen III games, releasing them is a simple way to earn a ton of money!

anyway, this thread has devolved into the same speculation going in circles, so i say we let it die and sink to the depths of a 4m

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)