Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phantom is just the word they use to desribe the event legends. It doesn't mean it's a Ghost-type. Also, I don't think they'll make another RB remake and Wind Waker gave me a headache so I would definitely not want graphics like that.

Edit: Jirachi was released in the same game as the first Psychic/Steel so you could say that it tied as the first of that type combination. Electric/Ground would also be a nice type for it.

Hahaha. I still want it to be fighting/flying :P

That and it's species isn't THE PHANTOM POKEMON, they're just calling it that because it's #000.

I'm thinking there's going to 3-5 event legendaries, since we had 3 last gen, and I'm hoping Zorua and Zoroark will be non-event Pokemon in the 3rd game.

Edit:

Have we ever gotten an event Pokemon that early?
Unless you really want to count the Ranger Manaphy egg

Hahaha. I still want it to be fighting/flying :P

That and it's species isn't THE PHANTOM POKEMON, they're just calling it that because it's an event Pokemon like Mew celebi blha blah blah balh.
fixed

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
There are a few things that Serebii didn't mention:
Rankurusu gets Psywave, not Psybeam
Rankurusu gets Dizzy Punch
Gochiruzeru gets Faint Attack
Chiiramii gets Swift and Wake Up Slap
Piggie bacon gets Take Down

Also, Sweep Slap seems to do a lot of damage, and it has 10 PP as well. The chances of Sweep Slap becoming a Normal type Rock Blast is getting more likely...

Gochiruzeru's HP appears to be somewhat low, taking about 50% from Psywave.

Also, Sweep Slap seems to do a lot of damage, and it has 10 PP as well. The chances of Sweep Slap becoming a Normal type Rock Blast is getting more likely...

Wake-Up Slap will probably be useful along with Techician and Swift will as well if it gets good SpAtk or Nasty Plot. The rest don't seem useful.

@DDRMaster:As I said, it's just my wishful thinking, even though would love it to be Normal/Ghost.
@Scicky:Didn't Serebii say it was the Phantom pokemon a week ago, before the #000 nonsense?

And in case no one checked the other moves, Chirami gets You First, Muuna gets Hypnosis, and Gochiruzeru has Psybeam.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Jirachi was released in the same game as the first Psychic/Steel so you could say that it tied as the first of that type combination. Electric/Ground would also be a nice type for it.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Electric/something... Gamefreak really loves electric rodents. I guess they figure, "Worked once, works every time".

So, some conclusions we can draw from this:

Rankurusu sounds like it will have a large support movepool with Psywave and Hypnosis confirmed. And I'm very surprised it has Dizzy Punch, this means although it's attack stat is poor, it'll be able to learn all the Punch TM and Tutor moves.

Gochiruzeru learning Faint Attack is very very interesting... could it become Psychic/Dark with a future evo!?

Chirami's Sweep Slap does seem like it will be Rock Blast/Bone Rush, I agree.

Pokabu learning Take Down hints that it will be physically-based and likely have a strong Attack stat.

On a completely unrelated note:Miju is actually happy! I'm quite surprised, I expected it to be one of those low-confidence characters, though Ash's pokemon DO tend to be disfunctional/differ from the pokemon's normal behaviour

Gochiruzeru learning Faint Attack is very very interesting... could it become Psychic/Dark with a future evo!?
How else do you think it Frisks everything :duckhuntdog:

But really I doubt it's indicitive of a Dark type evo, since lots of different Pokemon get Faint Attack.

Like Carnivine.

But I wonder if maybe it shows having a strong attack stat? Version exclusives are generally opposites in certain respects...
But we'd probably have to see more moves from it to know for sure.

By the way, I refreshed PokeBeach's page and now it's name is translated as Victini, not Bikutini. I'm guessing "Bikutini" was a mistranslation?
Both have the exact same spelling in Japanese, so it's impossible to be 100% certain what the correct romanization is supposed to be. That said, this Pokemon's obviously all about the letter "V"--it has V-shaped ears and is giving the "V-for-Victory" sign with its hands. Therefore, Victini (from Victory+Tiny) is the much more likely romanization.

Ahahaha, I'm watching the Victini reveal clip on pokebeach

I'm pretty sure they're playing Michael Jackson music

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
How else do you think it Frisks everything :duckhuntdog:

I lol'd...

But really I doubt it's indicitive of a Dark type evo, since lots of different Pokemon get Faint Attack. Like Carnivine.

True, but how many Psychic-types have Faint attack?

Only one: Bronzong. And Bronzong is Steel/Psychic, not pure Psychic. So I think there's a distinct possibility for a Psychic/Dark evo, especially given it's coloration/appearance.

But I wonder if maybe it shows having a strong attack stat? Version exclusives are generally opposites in certain respects...
But we'd probably have to see more moves from it to know for sure.

Did you watch the video showing it vs Rankurusu? It used Faint Attack, which hits it SE... so effectively a 120BP move. And it did less than 25% of Greenblob's HP... so I'm guessing gothmon is very weak. Especially since we know Rank has a mediocre Defense stat.

One other thing: we already know Rank has a poor attack stat, but it's Dizzy Punch did pitiful damage ~20%. Yet it's Psywave did 50% damage - this leads me to believe Gochi has terrible HP balanced by good defensive stats.
Both have the exact same spelling in Japanese, so it's impossible to be 100% certain what the correct romanization is supposed to be. That said, this Pokemon's obviously all about the letter "V"--it has V-shaped ears and is giving the "V-for-Victory" sign with its hands. Therefore, Victini (from Victory+Tiny) is the much more likely romanization.
Interesting, I just found this on Serebii as well. Thanks for the info.

Hmm i would say Victini is goona be part flying lol look at its tail.
Then again, Pokemon like Clefable have wings but aren't part Flying, so it's hard to say based on something like that, especially since those wings look a bit too small to be useful for flying.

Yep, they're playing "Black or White". Go figure, huh?

Technician's Wake-Up Slap becomes the best combination of power and lack of drawbacks in the Fighting type (90/100/10 PP). I like it.

Seeing all above posts, I feel that everyone knows about this pokemon. But frankly speaking, I know very little bit of this. Actually my nephew watch all this cartoon show. Sometimes, they request me to watch that and I do. Its really very interesting, that you have something which have some extra power, isn't it?

Yep, they're playing "Black or White". Go figure, huh?

Technician's Wake-Up Slap becomes the best combination of power and lack of drawbacks in the Fighting type (90/100/10 PP). I like it.
That's a neat touch of Pokemon Sunday. Wonder how much they had to pay to use it.

Oh man, if Chiramii evolved into a kangaroo mouse Pokemon with emphasis on kangaroo boxing and became Normal/Fighting

*swoon*

Uhhh... I think it's the person who was streaming it that was listening to it...
Nope, checking around they've been doing this for a while.

And the video I saw didn't have the obnoxious watermarks the stream was messing with.

hmm yeah it is... I wonder if they will slip in a cameo of MJ. Get to the champion and boom its MJ! lol j/k

anyways while thinking different move variations I hope there isn't any more entry hazards. especially if it where a fire typed one. (hot coals..does damage like SR and has a high burn chance) >_<

That dark/steel pokemon looks very sick, and it's interesting how the cotton one has thick fat.. you guys have been talking about for hours, but I was at the movies, so I'm kinda late on things ^_^"

That dark/steel pokemon looks very sick, and it's interesting how the cotton one has thick fat.. you guys have been talking about for hours, but I was at the movies, so I'm kinda late on things ^_^"
I'm pretty sure they were confirmed fake. Nonetheless, a well done fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)