Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specially Defensive Hippowdon lolwut
Anime logic .........let's not venture into that chaotic realm.

Was it only confirmed that the Kanto starters are getting alternate abilities, or was it the case for all generations?
Swift Swim Feraligatr RAH RAH RAH

They just might. A -SAtk Torterra with 0 SAtk IVs using Leaf Storm on Hippowdon (Cursing Hippo set) does 40.5% - 48.6%. After several uses of Leaf Storm and Hippowdon's Slack Off, it would hardly dent it.
Couldn't Hippowdon just have been a higher level than Torterra? If Torterra was 10-20 levels below Hippowdon, it would have been able to survive quite easily.

They just might. A -SAtk Torterra with 0 SAtk IVs using Leaf Storm on Hippowdon (Cursing Hippo set) does 40.5% - 48.6%. After several uses of Leaf Storm and Hippowdon's Slack Off, it would hardly dent it.
You really should try to avoid comparing the games and the anime. The games have a strict set of rules/mechanics, but the anime writers will do whatever they think makes a good story regardless of how "realistic" it is. Remember "Aim for the horn!!!" :)

Well if Ash wants to start winning Leagues he shoud stay the fuck away from crappy pokemon.
Like seriously, he only catches the crappy bird of the generation plus the starters and a few other random and NU pokemon.

Also Torterra sucks so hard, he mush have crappy EV's or something.... he couldnt beat a Hippowdon by spamming Leaf Storm.
It's not a matter of EVs or IVs or anything. The anime doesn't care about that.
Her Hippowdon didn't use a single Slack Off in the battle, iirc. >:
Specially Defensive Hippowdon lolwut
Anime logic .........let's not venture into that chaotic realm.
Thanks, broodjekebab. I was gonna say, "This about an anime where they use thunder for armor and aim for the horn?"

broodjekebab said:
Was it only confirmed that the Kanto starters are getting alternate abilities, or was it the case for all generations?
Swift Swim Feraligatr RAH RAH RAH
Wait what? I've not heard of anything like this before; where did people learn about this, and how accurate is the information likely to be?

Swift Win Swim Feraligatr sounds pretty damn sweet!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It has been announced that all evolutions of Eevee and the Kanto starters will receive alternate abilities through the Dream World. Those are the only Pokémon that have been confirmed so far. Other starters have not. The only details we have right now are that Glaceon will get Ice Body and Vaporeon will get Hydration.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't think we'll have a jerkass rival in BW, though. Unless 'N' really gets jerkassish, since neither Bel nor Cheren seem to be going in that direction.
N? A jerkass? He seems more like Lance from the manga- one of those "pokemon battling-is-evil-and-all-humans-must-die-so-they-live-in-peace-blah-blah-blah" hippies.

Also, WTF is dangling from his belt? It looks like a millennium rubix cube from Yu-gi-oh O_o

Lol we are discussing the anime. Regardless, Pikachu + Sceptile + Swellow + Heracross were actually good choices. Hera had sleep talk and a massive type advantage, Pika is pika, and Sceptile and Swellow were his strongest Hoenn contendors. Idk wtf he was doing with Torkoal and Gible, though.

The preview seems to imply that Ash captures Mijumaru and Mamepato; the former seems like it will have a Piplup-esque personality, the latter seems a bit like Taillow. Also, Pikachu's Iron Tail was BLACK...new move, perhaps?

Lol we are discussing the anime. Regardless, Pikachu + Sceptile + Swellow + Heracross were actually good choices. Hera had sleep talk and a massive type advantage, Pika is pika, and Sceptile and Swellow were his strongest Hoenn contendors. Idk wtf he was doing with Torkoal and Gible, though.

The preview seems to imply that Ash captures Mijumaru and Mamepato; the former seems like it will have a Piplup-esque personality, the latter seems a bit like Taillow. Also, Pikachu's Iron Tail was BLACK...new move, perhaps?
No. Just a different animation. Remember? They also changed many attacks with the beginning of the Sinnoh seasons. If Mijumaru really evolves to some kind of otter warrior it could quite well have a personality similar to Buizel. Altough the guess about Piplup seems likely too, at least for Mijumaru itself("small and full of pride" is just what would fit both Piplup and Mijumaru)

Edit: Pfff... not again.

Does anybody else remember Primeape? You know, that Pokemon he had for a day and then "lent" to someone for training? It's been training for,what, 5 years now? If Ash had had him in tow, Darkrai would have been a cakewalk.

[insert Rocky theme music here]

Despite not watching the anime, that sounds like it would have been helpful.

Also: How much do you all think that the game will cost?

Wasn't there a movie with Latios in it? Doesn't this sort of conflict with Takuto having Latios? o.O

I don't recall Ash using his pokedex on it either...

Only one type gets stab against both Dark and Psychic/Dragon, bug. He should've tried to find his Butterfree. Then he would've had no problem taking down a couple of ubers. It'll never happen, but I'd love a season where he's training to beat this guy, and goes on a quest to find his old pokemon that'll help him against this guy. Butterfree, Primeape like Percussionist said to take on Darkrai, and his Haunter, because everyone knows you can't beat a psychic type without a ghost.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Ash's loss is a great lesson to him : Whenever you see a Legendary, catch it!!! He had seen all the legendary pokémon avaliable in the games (some more than once), but never even had the idea of catching one. I hope he'll get a legendary this new season to blow away his curse of swim, swim but die on the beach.

Ash's loss is a great lesson to him : Whenever you see a Legendary, catch it!!! He had seen all the legendary pokémon avaliable in the games (some more than once), but never even had the idea of catching one. I hope he'll get a legendary this new season to blow away his curse of swim, swim but die on the beach.
Well, Ash and his crew have a misguided prejudice that legendary Pokemon mustn't be captured, and I doubt they will change that in coming seasons. Ash is naive, but he sticks to what he believes in. I think that's one of the lessons the anime tries to teach kids; stay true to what you believe in, no matter what, and you can still overcome obstacles and reach your dream. Cheesy, I know, but it's the anime we're talking about.

We were supposed to get that image to confirm the latest rumors today (remember the last batch from Pokejungle?), so I guess they might come later or they were indeed fake.

Well, Ash and his crew have a misguided prejudice that legendary Pokemon mustn't be captured, and I doubt they will change that in coming seasons. Ash is naive, but he sticks to what he believes in. I think that's one of the lessons the anime tries to teach kids; stay true to what you believe in, no matter what, and you can still overcome obstacles and reach your dream. Cheesy, I know, but it's the anime we're talking about.
The entire Paul subplot was precisely about this, even.

We were supposed to get that image to confirm the latest rumors today (remember the last batch from Pokejungle?), so I guess they might come later or they were indeed fake.
You mean the Oha Shuta thing? That was yesterday, only showed some Double Battle footage, apparently. Nothing new shown.

Only one type gets stab against both Dark and Psychic/Dragon, bug. He should've tried to find his Butterfree. Then he would've had no problem taking down a couple of ubers. It'll never happen, but I'd love a season where he's training to beat this guy, and goes on a quest to find his old pokemon that'll help him against this guy. Butterfree, Primeape like Percussionist said to take on Darkrai, and his Haunter, because everyone knows you can't beat a psychic type without a ghost.
As much as I like this, I feel like the writers forgot that Butterfree, Primeape and Haunter, among others, were actually under Ash's possession. Then again, they could look on Bulbapedia :P Perhaps losing to Takuto might leave Ash to change his ideas on Legendary Pokemon.

Heracross SHOULD have OHKO'd his Darkrai BTW, for the love of Arceus it should have Megahorn AND Close Combat :P. Torkoal should have been Infernape or Charizard. Swellow should have been Staraptor. I also expected his Gible to evolve. Maybe it'll pull a Phanpy and evolve in the next season.

Well, it's a big name DS game, so probably $39.99. Obviously if you're planning to import it it'll probably be more.
Probably more like $35, not $40. HGSS were $40 because of the Pokewalker, but BW won't have anything like that.

It's about £45 here in Britain. That's like the 1.5 times the price of a normal DS game.

That and the price keeps going up. If anyone's undecided on whether to get it, choose now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)