Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vox smogoni, vox Arcie. I'll start with the Mr.mime + Buizel otter, but I'll catch Kurumiru because the pidgeon seems weak. And I'm sure that he will get a SE move, since all the starters that were weak to the first gyms bar Chiko and Pika had SE moves.
Well, there's also original Charmander.

Regardless of Dento I'm probably picking Smugleaf (unless I change my mind after I see all starter's final evolutions of course). Type disadvantages can be handled one of way or another. I remember in LG I picked Charmander, and had no Pokemon but Pidgey for Brock, and beat Brock using Metal Claw at least.

Regardless of Dento I'm probably picking Smugleaf (unless I change my mind after I see all starter's final evolutions of course). Type disadvantages can be handled one of way or another. I remember in LG I picked Charmander, and had no Pokemon but Pidgey for Brock, and beat Brock using Metal Claw at least.
You also had access to Mankey...

In the original Red/Blue Charmander could beat Brock with just Ember, though you had Pidgey spamming Sand Attack on Onix to make the battle easier I think.

You also had access to Mankey...
The nidos with Double Kick too(and butterfree with absorb), but I didn't catch any of those, I was just saying it can be handled one way or another, and my way in LG was with just using Metal Claw.

In all seriousness however, if Kibago does become the next Pseudo-legendary (which I strongly expect, it just looks so suitable for it - see Larvitar), what (dual) type do you expect it to be. Considering it has Mold Breaker, you'd expect a pseudo-legendary to be at the very least useable in the OU environment, so it will likely be given useful STABs, and Mold Breaker wil come in very handy in that. The abilties that Mold Breaker nullifies are Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, Flash Fire, Wonder Guard, Dry Skin, Motor Drive and Levitate (and possibly Lightningrod and Stormdrain, though I'm not certain of this).

Now, Wonder Guard is situational at best, and everything else but Levitate and Dry Skin resists what it is immune to (except dual-types like Lanturn). Along with this, Dragon/Water, /Ground, /Fire, /Electric have already been done, and are (fairly, because of Kingdra) unique type combinations, unlikely to be stolen I therefore expect a new ability to be introduced, providing an immunity to whatever secondary type Ononokusu is (assuming Kibago does evolve into it). Looking at it's sprite, which can be found here, it looks like it could be a) Dark-type, b) Bug-type, and possibly Fighting or Grass-type. I don't see an ability 'absorbing' Fighting-type moves, but any of the others are possible in my opinion. Thanks anyone who's read this far.
Lol its secondary ability is already confirmed to be rivalry

Much less for a grass type

You have early bird, early bugs, probably a fire type somewhere depending on where Dento is in comparison to Darumakka...
Just like in DPPt really, Gardenia was a Grass gym in the #2 slot and that was never a problem, especially with Starly/Staravia.

Am I the only person who used Butterfree's Confusion to beat Brock in Red and Yellow? Because that whooped their asses. Of course it wasn't easy leveling up a Metapod who only had String Shot, Harden and Tackle, but totally worth it.

I think this Gen might be the first time I start with grass starter. I went Charizard > Feraligatr/Typhlosion > Blaziken/Sceptile/Swampert > Infernape. Smugleaf seems like the coolest choice right now, but final evos could always change my mind; Blaziken is the reason I started with Torchic even though Treecko is cooler.

EDIT: I'm trying to come up with a different English name for Smugleaf, but it's not easy. I'm going through the different names of different types of Ivy and the different names for Garter Snakes, but nothing is clicking.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Am I the only person who used Butterfree's Confusion to beat Brock in Red and Yellow? Because that whooped their asses. Of course it wasn't easy leveling up a Metapod who only had String Shot, Harden and Tackle, but totally worth it.

I think this Gen might be the first time I start with grass starter. I went Charizard > Feraligatr/Typhlosion > Blaziken/Sceptile/Swampert > Infernape. Smugleaf seems like the coolest choice right now, but final evos could always change my mind; Blaziken is the reason I started with Torchic even though Treecko is cooler.
You trained a Butterfree since it was a Caterpie that early on game? You deserve my admiration.

As for the starers, with exception of Yellow and PMD, all my starters were Water-type. This gen I will either continue or vary a bit and use Smuggy.

EDIT: I'm trying to come up with a different English name for Smugleaf, but it's not easy. I'm going through the different names of different types of Ivy and the different names for Garter Snakes, but nothing is clicking.
LOL, i did this every play through of rby that i ever did. Of course i only trained the caterpie until i was past brock, but butterfree smashes early on

Actually so did I. Except for yellow which I just got a mankey :P

Edit: Man, I'm getting nostalgic just thinking about it. Taking out Brock with a hard trained butterfree those were the days :)

ohh pu-lease.

Nice was taking Bugsy with Bayleef. Scyther was a prick to take out since it spammed Fury Cutter, that could sweep my team...
Yeah, in the old days i didn't knew what coverage or partners were. It was only me and my Meganium >_>

This time i'll start with the grass one as well. Third one after Chicorita and Turtwig.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
ohh pu-lease.

Nice was taking Bugsy with Bayleef. Scyther was a prick to take out since it spammed Fury Cutter, that could sweep my team...
Yeah, in the old days i didn't knew what coverage or partners were. It was only me and my Meganium >_>

This time i'll start with the grass one as well. Second one after Chicorita.
And Whitney's Miltank. If it wasn't Zico (Croconaw) and Mothra (Venonat with a powder attack), I would never beat that demon.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Perhaps Mijimaru can learn an Ice move in it's early stages, but I can't seem to recall a water type starter that can perform an ice move early without trading over TM Blizzard or Ice Beam.

Regardless, Water is a flexible attacking type along with Normal type attacks. I may pick him. If the conditions are not favorable, I shall choose Pokabu. Chances are this guy's gonna have a pretty good chance of dealing good damage with Ember.

I really hope the gyms take a step up in difficulty this generation. Platinum was a good start, but they can do better. Just because it's a kid's game doesn't mean it has to be super-easy.

I'm really worn between the grass and water starters, and I love the pigeon, so I'll have that for the first gym regardless.

Mamepato would likely help any Mijumaru trainer eat Dento's team alive. I don't see why people are complaining over Grass being the first Gym type. Mijumaru might be faster than most of his guys and know Fury Cutter, so one or two shots to survive and you'd sweep unless he has Mega Drain or something on a bulkier Grass. I mean, if I could use Charmander in RBY and win by using a resisted Ember against Brock, people with Mijumaru can beat Dento.

Also, I thought the new worm was Bug/Grass. If it evolves and keeps that typing, that's another resistance and a decent STAB against Dento. Geez....

as of the pokemons revealed until today, my team would be this (note that is just because of which one i like the best): Tsutaja, Woogaru, Chiramii (i don't care if it ends up like pachirisu, I'll still want it :D), Ononkusu, a water type and maybe doryuuzu or meguroko.

ppl, not wanting to complain or make a big deal out of this but...why does it HAS TO BE easy the first gym, where's the fun if everything is easy? where's the fun if anything is at least hard to beat?

Your grammar is awful, I must say. But the game can't be too tough or the kiddies will stop buying. Personally, I think some gyms are perfectly challenging, but it really depends on what your team consists of. For instance, Gengar's Shadow Ball raped my team in my first run of HG, but the second time I brought along a Scrappy Kangaskhan and it was easy as hell. Difficulty is relative to what your team consists of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)