Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably not since he needs to evolve his things into torterra and ape first (did it already evolve to ape like last week?). they won't start another series

i'm 99.99% sure!
came with a huge doubt and now...the thread made me a believer.
I wish they can make legendaries "weak" enough for the OU meta environment to accept them.

i am saying the news ones should be
i know there are legendaries that are currently not overpowering
i've always wanted to use palkia (my fav) in the singles but it was and probably will be (unless...no won't happen) UBER

Well, there are always weaker legendaries and then the ridiculously powerful ones :)
actually one japanese group that i found yesterday in...i think shibuya
(there were around 30 of them lurking around) allowed certain ubers (in terms of smogon) in to the singles if they were without items. I tried this with palkia and latios (well latios is...well its uber in the US). Palkia was OK (though it lacked a lot of things...it was actually still good due to its raw power and esp its magnificent typing lol but seriously i love dragon/water typing x.x) and latios sucked -_-...

anyways for the legendaries...i've been saying this quite a bit but what do you guys think they would do? overpowering like the last gen's GODS or back to the concept of guardians and king-of's? typing? blah blah?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'd rather have "embodiments". Like the Uber Trio being the embodiments of sun, moon and... eclipse? Could work. This would also make them almost a "family", as they'd be obviously related, and Masuda already said in an interview that they were going to keep with this element with the next legendaries (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina were "brothers" already, with Dialga/Palkia being twins).

Besides, the moon pokémon would also have some power over the oceans while the sun pokémon could just burn everything up to ashes. They would be "gods" too, but not as extreme as the Dragon Trio from DPPt. I guess.

Gen V legendaries I see as being the lords of good and evil, some sort of yin and yang thing. I dunno.
I'd actually be very happy if they did that... it'd be great!
So much room for coolness. The Yin being a tricky defensive one and the Yang a powerful and varied attacker. New legendary trio too... ooh.

But yeah speculation is pointless. Though the part I'm looking forward to most is when all the sprites are ripped by someone in the days before release. I remember last time, when Cresselia got spotted, my jaw almost hit the floor rofl.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'd actually be very happy if they did that... it'd be great!
So much room for coolness. The Yin being a tricky defensive one and the Yang a powerful and varied attacker. New legendary trio too... ooh.

But yeah speculation is pointless. Though the part I'm looking forward to most is when all the sprites are ripped by someone in the days before release. I remember last time, when Cresselia got spotted, my jaw almost hit the floor rofl.
I remember when Serebii firstly showed the Pokémon icons. There were people saying "wtf is that a Luvdisc/Milotic evo?". I was one of them >_>

Uncharted Waters again ;D

Most legendaries are already yin and yang :) Not in sense of good/evil though.

Tomorrow, Pokémon Sunday will be on, so we can look forward to that! (It's a Japanese TV show where a lot of skits and Pokémon announcements are shown, etc.)

I'll post a guide on how to watch it later. Note that it lags a lot -___- and it will lag even more because loads of people will be on.

I remember thinking the Wormadam formes were dumb-looking hyper-secret Legendaries, because they showed up at the very end based on the sprite data.

How to Watch ポケモン☆サンデー Pokémon Sunday Outside of Japan

Pokémon Sunday is shown at 7:30-8:30 AM on Sundays each week. This time is obviously Japanese (+9 GMT); you can convert it to your own time zone on timeanddate.com. It's broadcasted on Channel 23, 株式会社テレビ東京 TV Tokyo.

To tune into Japanese television, you'll need to download and install a (free and legal: it's an experiment by the Japanese government) program called KeyHoleTV. It only shows a limited selection of Japanese channels, but that's okay because TV Tokyo is one of them! Download and run the .exe that you can download from the directory. Then run the program and select the Program tab to see a list of channels.

are some major channels.

Here is TV tokyo on keyhole:

Look for the name that has TV Tokyo beside it ^ and select WAtch =D (If you can type テレビ東京 into the search box, you should be able to find it fast.)

If the channel doesn't work then you may need to do trial and error among rthe channels being watched most. You may aslo need to use the Update button to manually update the populated list of channels. Sometimes the channel is down though, so let's hope it isn't down tomorrow :x

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not another hypermegaultraturbosupergammageewhizzhotpotatospeculation thread... how many have there been now?

Anyway, if this is Generation V, as the evidence seems to be pointing towards, I still don't see any reason to get worked up about it - I doubt any more information is going to come for a reasonable length of time, and we're probably best off leaving this alone until then. Having said that, I see no reason not to add my own speculations... if Nintendo carries on its policy of increasingly powerful uber-legendaries, we'll probably be seeing some sort of trinity avatar of birth, growth, and death, or something (the latter of which would be very fun...). Oh, and there will be a new pseudo-legend, which I think will either be a Grass/Dragon or a Steel/Dragon, the former to continue the massive Ice weakness exhibited by Dragons, the latter because Nintendo seems to like that combination.

I think one of your images is broken, you'll probably want to rehost...

Anyways, I haven't used Keyhole outside of watching One Piece, but it's a pretty cool program. I might tune in on the slight chance that info is given.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It is a possibility that this could be for the successor to the current DS. There has been some buzz about a DS 2. I'm not familiar with the details, though. One thing is for sure, if this launches for the current DS, you know they will increase the visuals as much as possible. No generations have the same graphics and I'm not willing to bet they'll stop that trend now.
I am confident that there will be no DS2 this year. The press release specifically lists DS as the platform. I don't see DS2 for another year or two. Nintendo would rather release iterative improvements (DSi is 2x the CPU power and 4x the RAM) than a whole new system. It's making them much more money. Unless Sony releases a PSP2 next year, Nintendo is fine with staying with DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)