Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 2 (In-Game Discussion)

I have a problem with the whole " All regions happened at the same time" Theroy. Oak was living in kanto, but he later moves to sinnoh to live there forever basically. (he lives in eterna city) So Gen I would have to have ended. But since Gen I ended basically GenIII ended too.

And another thing, Gen II was placed after Gen I, because if you remember after you beat the Jhoto league you can battle the kanto region where everything basically changed. (Seafoam Isle is melted to a small one room cave where blaine is leader, cinnabar is destroyed, Koga's student takes over the poison-type gym, etc).

And since obviously Gen IIII (assuming pokebeach's info is correct), is after Gen I/III we know we could very well be in the same time-region as Jhoto, which IMO just provokes the whole "G/S/C remake" theory even stronger. But IIRC Oak was living in Kanto that gen. But I could be wrong. All I remember from Oak was when he gives me the pokemon egg to give to elm to inspect lol.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Didn't he have to live in Johto to do his radio show? Or did the guy just hop on the shinkansen everyday to get to work (sounds like a PITA to me, lol poor Oak).

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
An 80% chance for Seed Flare to do twice as much damage, with a focus on Special Attack and Speed... let's assume that just 10 points are removed from the other stats. Hypothetically, stats around 90 / 90 / 90 / 120 / 90 / 120, with Seed Flare, Air Slash, Hidden Power, and Serene fucking Grace... it's like Nintendo is trying as hard as they can to make Ice a better type by making Ice attacks all but required.

Didn't he have to live in Johto to do his radio show? Or did the guy just hop on the shinkansen everyday to get to work (sounds like a PITA to me, lol poor Oak).
Actually he went every friday iirc. But he would have to live in either kanto or jhoto. Maybe he left to sinnoh with Jasmine. I don't remember him saying directly that he came from Kanto. For all we know he could have come back from Jhoto, or even gave up the job. He is a busy man, maybe he retired from Radio with the lady.

I think I have this figured out people.

You know how Rotom is Ghost-Electric, right?

Look at the colors of the shapes.

The shape's colors mean type.

Look at the red one. It looks like it has gloves on. Could it be oven gloves? Could it be a Fire/Ghost alt. form of Rotom? Obtained through a stove?

Look at the purple one. Pikaglue. It's purplish. And it has like a spike on top. Could it be a generic Ghost/Poison?

What about the blue one in the bottom left?
It looks like it has tongs for an arm, then that generic ghost arm thing, and a blue tail. It looks either water based or ice based.
Maybe Water OR Ice /Ghost, obtained through a freezer?

Now, about the green one...

Green makes me think grass, but what about Bug? It looks like a security camera to me though.

And that one in the middle is just to throw you off, it's pretty clear it's the Sandstorm form of Castform. If not, it's a blender Rotom.

You know, we'll be pretty humiliated if all of these have nothing to do with Rotom.... =P

But that's my take on the shapes.

edit:
Just remember, we don't know which way these things are facing. We could be left out on certain features...

Like in that one episode of Pokemon where they're taking a Trainer test and one of the silhouettes was "a Jigglypuff from above!" or something like that. lol

People were working on the impression when the silhouettes came out, like a refrigerator-themed ice-type or an oven one, as you said. It's easy to notice the common snowy wisps of the middle one or the snowflake-looking pattern on the bottom-left's arm, but then it's also easy to notice the zigzag thunderbolt pattern almost ubiquitous on electric pokemon and attacks. which suggests that it will retain its electric typing rather than ghost. All theoretical still, of course.

If Shaymin automatically transforms back at night it could be a pain for wi-fi battles, having to change the DS clock before the battle and then being unable to palpark for the next 24 hours. I really hope that's not the way it works.

I remember one of Oak's aides saying that the radio shows weren't done live.

Also, shouldn't the thread name be "Mark 2", not "Mach 2"? We're not getting info THAT fast lol.

I remember one of Oak's aides saying that the radio shows weren't done live.

Also, shouldn't the thread name be "Mark 2", not "Mach 2"? We're not getting info THAT fast lol.
I like fast. Besides, information is going to be coming out that fast.

Plus, this puts us twice as fast as Garchomp

or I just made a typo :p

Thanks for doing this RB, myself and a couple other people suggested it but I didnt think anyone actually would =)

I think I have this figured out people.

You know how Rotom is Ghost-Electric, right?

Look at the colors of the shapes.

The shape's colors mean type.

Look at the red one. It looks like it has gloves on. Could it be oven gloves? Could it be a Fire/Ghost alt. form of Rotom? Obtained through a stove?

Look at the purple one. Pikaglue. It's purplish. And it has like a spike on top. Could it be a generic Ghost/Poison?

What about the blue one in the bottom left?
It looks like it has tongs for an arm, then that generic ghost arm thing, and a blue tail. It looks either water based or ice based.
Maybe Water OR Ice /Ghost, obtained through a freezer?

Now, about the green one...

Green makes me think grass, but what about Bug? It looks like a security camera to me though.

And that one in the middle is just to throw you off, it's pretty clear it's the Sandstorm form of Castform. If not, it's a blender Rotom.

You know, we'll be pretty humiliated if all of these have nothing to do with Rotom.... =P

But that's my take on the shapes.

edit:
Just remember, we don't know which way these things are facing. We could be left out on certain features...

Like in that one episode of Pokemon where they're taking a Trainer test and one of the silhouettes was "a Jigglypuff from above!" or something like that. lol
Sorry mr./mrs I think I've got it.Chances are you are wrong. Corocoro released them black. Toys R' us released them as colors to make them more colorful and to attract attention. (if you learn about symbols you'd know), or to do exactly what you fell for, speculating upon the colors. I mean yea maybe I am wrong and they do correspond with their colors, but why would a game store know the types, and the magazine that actually knows not put it.

Sorry mr./mrs I think I've got it.Chances are you are wrong. Corocoro released them black. Toys R' us released them as colors to make them more colorful and to attract attention. (if you learn about symbols you'd know), or to do exactly what you fell for, speculating upon the colors. I mean yea maybe I am wrong and they do correspond with their colors, but why would a game store know the types, and the magazine that actually knows not put it.
I didn't know Toys R Us had anything to do with this, so don't get on my case, jeez. This is just about a game. Sorry for not being perfect.

Tytus should be correct (unless we get our info at GameStop). It's released on the 13th, Saturday.
I'd expect leaks beforehand however.

I think we'll melt our brains until next week. Then we all will be disappointed with our "conspiracy theories". Hahahaha

Maybe the changes aren't too big then... maybe not. Only GameFreaks knows.

Of interest, awhile back when my friend was messing with DP code, he found a strange Electric/Fighting poke (no name found), so that could be one of our mystery shapes.

Looks like Serebii found out what one of the five silhouettes is:

Coronis has got his hands on Pokémon Platinum and so our coverage is beginning. In the game, there's a leaflet containing information regarding the new Pokémon forms. It confirms that they are Rotom as many predicted. The leaflet only reveals the first form, with others to come shortly when we extract data from the game. All the forms are accessible through the Secret Key after Rotom is captured at the Old Chateau and the formes it changes Rotom to depends on where you use the item. This form is called the Frost Forme. It is capable of knowing Blizzard. We'll bring you more info on this as and when it comes

So it IS Rotom, many of us were correct...however we dont know if this gives Rotom the Ice type or not...but knowing Blizzard is very cool. (no pun intended)

Good ol' fridge mon. To be honest I almost pissed in my skirt when I saw this guy. Still, a possible ghost/ice that isn't frosslass. That has to be good yarg?
The battle frontier sounds like a huge disappointment to me, why water down the best part of a game? I'm hoping this isn't true, but it sounds just bad enough to be the real thing.

My thoughts exactly Jhonny. Not only is that forme a fucking fridge, it's a fucking fridge with fucking tits.

And they say pokemon isn't adulterous...

They revealed the next one too, a washing machine! So far we have Ice and Water themes...

I'm expecting a Fire and maybe another Electric too. Maybe the last one is a fan so it could be a Flying type??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)