Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

The Mobile version from what people have been saying is probably not worth it. Items (including Great Balls) cost more, repeats reward less, Meowth farming maxes out at 330 per run, the L-Shape/reverse T-shape extra damage doesn't exist in that version, it's impossible to save coins on failed Great Ball attempts, finishing with 0 moves remaining yields a ? more capture rate (using a Great Ball still yields a ?), etc. You do get the ability to redeem for a Lucarionite passcode if you do so before the 30th, and Mew is currently in the limited mon rotation. But also keep in mind that you now have to do everything with finger swipes unless you're using certain phones/tablets that are meant for stylus use. Especially timed stages.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
The Mobile version from what people have been saying is probably not worth it. Items (including Great Balls) cost more, repeats reward less, Meowth farming maxes out at 330 per run, the L-Shape/reverse T-shape extra damage doesn't exist in that version, it's impossible to save coins on failed Great Ball attempts, finishing with 0 moves remaining yields a ? more capture rate (using a Great Ball still yields a ?), etc. You do get the ability to redeem for a Lucarionite passcode if you do so before the 30th, and Mew is currently in the limited mon rotation. But also keep in mind that you now have to do everything with finger swipes unless you're using certain phones/tablets that are meant for stylus use. Especially timed stages.
So the only advantages of the mobile ver is ... you don't need to bring another console when you go out.
And that it's slightly more normal to play mobile games on the train than the 3DS.

Might give a try tonight though. I get bored very easily when I'm on trains or buses.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not complaining, so many gifts at once is so unexpected but extremely welcome, still shocked that they'd give away a mega speed up so easily though.

Also still struggling at the escalation battle at level 196 but hey that mega speed up is so close I can't give up yet, at least I haven't wasted coins except on the boss-like battles so that mega speedup should be mine by tomorrow.

Last edited:
I finally have caught + S-ranks all the new basic stages. So the 3 EX stages with the Fighting trio is now my next target. First I would farm some gold ... The Blazikenite + Fire team was a good idea !!

Any tips for them ? Except hoping for a nice combo :D

Have you played them yet? Keldeo's a Complexity in their stages, so Blaziken might not be the most effective for their stages between disruptions and the 5th Mon.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Nah, Blaziken does fine in the new EX stages, or at least it worked for me. For Virizion the shorter time limit makes Heracross a bit of a pain to Mega Evolve in the short 30 seconds (unless Mega Start of course), and the disruptions don't bother Blaziken since they only affect the sides. Cobalion is particularly simple with Blaziken if you dump a Complexity -1 on it but I don't know if you're willing to dump that many coins after these new Main Stages and however far you got on Darkrai. Garchomp is also solid against Cobalion and Terrakion but the color contrast with Keldeo is kind of annoying. Otherwise you can't go wrong with Lucario. Terrakion should be the easiest to do itemless though since Keldeo is super effective, and there's tons of Megas that are good against Rock.

Reactions: JES
Have you played them yet? Keldeo's a Complexity in their stages, so Blaziken might not be the most effective for their stages between disruptions and the 5th Mon.
Nope didn't test it. And for Blaziken, I was talking about newest basic stages

Thanks for your inputs

Even though I don't play this game anymore, I do still have a question. A friend of mine told me there's a new glitch which allows players to 'cap' their remaining moves at a certain amount at the beginning of a stage. Is this true, and if yes, how does this work?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Whee got a Venusaurite!

Anyhow latest updates:
  • Lugia shows up as a 30 second high-speed challenge for two weeks. Apparently it is a Base 80 Flying-type with Eject+.
  • Carnivine shows up for the items challenge. Got that and it is a Base 60 Grass-type with Risk Taker.
  • The Spinda/Cherubi/Cherrim/Carvanha/Sharpedo Safari is being replayed.
EDIT: Mega Sharpedo competition is apparently happening next week starting next Monday and lasts for a week.

Last edited:
Lugia just has the worst looking... tile? Sprite? Image? Whatever you call it. Would of been decent, except look what they added! A random wing!

Also got Venusaurite! Ranked somewhere in the top 14000. :D

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I need to check in on my 3DS when I get the chance. But I already know I got a Venusaurite.

Anyway, since I had time on my lunch break, I downloaded Shuffle Mobile and gave it a spin. Having it on a phone is nice since using a phone in public is more "normal" than a 3DS, but the touch interface will require getting used to. The mobile game also feels more like a cash grab than the 3DS version. Great balls are 3500 coins, and the game forces you to use the first jewel you get in the tutorial for hearts, which irks me quite a bit.

Hot damn the lugia level is HARD, I'm coin grinding Meowth again just so I can go full item on it. I have used mega manectric with other SE pokemon on it and holy crap, even with a DD and mega start I was still 20% away from beating it. Either I haven't played timed stages in a while and suck THAT much or this shit is HARD.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Emboar has arrived. Base 70 Fire-type with Barrier Bash.

Caught everything from the Safari which is a relief as I was getting sick of endless Spinda and Cherubi, and I caught Lugia earlier after spending money on Disruption Delay, Mega Start, and Attack Power ↑ (and a free +10 seconds just in case) to beat it with about 14 seconds to spare not accounting for the extra 10 seconds. Had to catch it in a Super Catch Power-assisted Great Ball though... Now to get some more mons and S-Rank stuff ahead of the Sharpedonite competition. And more money.

For Lugia I used an Attack Power with my M-Amph, Glalie, Zapdos and Aurorus team. I had the tiniest sliver of HP left at the end and decided to use my jewel there, allowing me to finish with 14 seconds left and catch the darn thing. That stage was hard as hell.

Really happy about Emboar having Barrier Bash. Maybe I can actually get above a C on Mega Glalie now once I level Emboar up a bit.

Got curious after a while so I tried opening this game again. However, I can't even get past the intro screen. It crashes every time. Is this a known bug, and is there a fix?

You might know some of these already, but w/e. Sharing is caring.
06150503 - 3 moves +5; ends 9/14
The following codes will end on 9/30:
20150917 - Gives 1 jewel
08645601 - Mega Speed Up
86100002 - 1000 coins
08601003 - +10 seconds
86000504 - Move+5
08650005 - 500 coins
86040006 - 400 coins
08630007 - 300 coins
86001508 - EXP x1.5
08620009 - 200 coins
86010010 - 100 coins

Ok guys now that it's crunch time for the competition I need advice, I can use my coins for one try at full items, do I do it with a super effective team or a double normal team? I really don't know which to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)