Other Pokemon: Smogon OU Version 2 (Route Nine (After Ice Mountain))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the leveling curve is now roughly 50 (60 at next town), I propose that we make lower BST legends such as the muskedeers, Zapdos, and genies available in the next few towns because I think the player is now adequately prepared to deal with them.

Ight yall, its been quite a bit since you heard an update but thats been more our fault as the department store pm discussion took up quite a bit of time. If yall could just wait bit more patiently, id have the wrap up posted soon (hate excuses but life finds ways to intervene with Smogon).

Either way, look for wrap up soon!

Yay! Almost ready!

So what do you think we should talk about next? Planning out TLS's teams? I already have a few ideas for those...

Been a busy busy time period for all of of between holidays, projects, and just everything in between, but glad to say its time for another wrap up via Salemance!

Lots of stuff is happening in this Mega City Smogtropolis, so bear with me if it sounds slightly rushed here, as im trying to get all of it while getting enough out there. A lot of topics were also discussed so i'll get to the all encompassing ones first for a change.

Basically, we debated the idea of Hms a bit more, as it came down between everyone to make them usable without a mon necessarily knowing them (ie if you have surf in your TM/HM Bag and am facing a pool of water, you can go surfing). While you can still learn them, it is no longer necessary like before.

Second was that of the Mega Stones. At this point of the game, everyone and their brother began utilizing mega stones and its gotten to the point we will need to start introducing them to the player. Several ideas were indeed put forward, and with the idea of the miner still giving away several if not quite a few mega stones, it seemed alright to keep it that way except for the very first mega stone of choice being made available to the player (received via choice after talking to a certain fellow in the Department Store I believe). Through all the many ideas we had of “wandering megas” to just keeping em hidden, there wasn't exactly a more sensible one. The leader will of course be handing out the bracelet for ya since it is he who is responsible for one of the first official mega battles. Outside of these options though, there is this detailed here by R.F. On what has been the more liked idea of some of the more powerful stones (even if you could get one for nothing from that department guy):
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-10#post-5919318

Third, SparksBlade was a doll and did this very nice compendium of all available mons and need to receive mons in this post here so we can not start getting lost in the near future in this post here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...2-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-9#post-5915809

Finally there is a fella explaining how Legendaries work in this here town which is here but is basically him saying a map that will give locations of each legend as they are found (and explaining why there are so many and that as usual respawn after E4 defeat): http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-10#post-5929429

Lastly, I have also had to replace Greninja from the starter selection due to its banning, and while I cant seem to get its sprite, I wouldnt mind someone sharing it with me so I can edit it in.

Okay, now more town related stuff.

There is this little crazy old lady in a town who is more than happy to do what she wants here in her humble abode (as suggested by Phione). Then abit into the town you will meet Mr. Blacklist, someone who will be instructing you (inadvertently) on the finer basics of what is blacklisted from viable discussion while also giving you your first view of a mod and Council Member (and E4) in the flesh!

We also get some fancy Move Relearner and Deleter's here too! Always some of the most loved/hated people we can get to know along with a Zarel story that would be a bit of a disservice to restate/summarize for you all today (so ie, check the link labeled Zarel's Bit!) and this person comes after the Zarel story, a girl called EnGarde. There is also a Legendary guy who on defeat gives you the location of Terrakion.

Now onto the major structures of the city. There is a radio tower that, while its nothing fancy outside of a few hosts and the owner, houses a fellow all to eager to give to you a Magneton via trade. You may think this was the jack pot until you see this, the Department Store which is summarized best here in this:

1BF - Customization Basement
1F - Reception Floor
2F - Adventure Supplies (stuff like Pokeballs, Repels, Escape Rope, etc)
3F - TM Depot (should we include some move tutors here too?)
4F - Held Item Shindig
5F - Evolutions R' Us (mechanic for trade evos here?)
6F - Fitness Center (super training stuff, super shakes, etc)
7F - Battle Rooftop
Customization Floor (done by Creator of Chaos (P.S. I neglected to say this earlier, but excellent job on this))

Overview of the Floor: Accessible only via a lift. Once you exit the elavator your treated to vast Room with 3 Isles of shelves for of Clothing and the odd trinket or Poke-Item while next to the elavator are stairs leading deeper down but are completely inaccassable as well as a couple of computers and Shelves along the wall. On the far left of the room is the retail counter with 2 clerks who both sell different clothing items While on the far Right is a smaller counter with 1 Clerk who sells random discounted stuff and a TLS outfit. In addition there are 2 booths in the middle of the room when where you can change your avater based on what you own and 1 for customising the looks of certain pokemon. Through-out the room there are 5 NPCs 1 of whom looks strangly like Giovanni but actually isn't and can be challanged to a battle for his outfit.

Retail List Clothing
Clerk 1 (Female) - Welcome Young Trainer, Finally found your way down here after travalling around smog-smog and wish to spruik up your outfit do you?. Dont be shy there is nothing wrong with changing how you look just because This region is hyper competive and going through the TLS crisis doesn't mean you cant look good. Please check out my range and pick what you like?

Subsequent talks: Back again. There is always time to improves ones look besides you dont want to face the elite 4 looking like a scrub. Here check out my range
Apon Purchase or Exit: Thank you for your patronige. If you ever want more outfits comeback

Item Range: Basically every avater style available on showdown Bar a select premium few that are available here for $5000 per avater and comes is permantly reusable once purchased. Those that aren't available include Giovanni's, Archer's, Cynthias, Both Dawn Avaters, Mays, Red, Gary Oaks, the leader of Plasma and Lance's along with a maid outfit. These 11 outfits can be located through-out the land of smog and you can aqquire them by beating there respective trainers. I'll let you guys place the trainers and make there teams through-out the world. Basically its my attempt to tie atleast some aspects of customisation to competive battling

Also avaible here are pendants which you can give to your pokemon

Clerk 2 (Male) - So you tire of generic outfits and wish to have something thats more attuned to your pokemon. Well I cant help you unless... Is that a mega stone. Holy god it is. I'm guessing you want an outfit that match's your mega evolution. Well come in come in check out what I have

Subsequent Talks: Well your back, I guess that means you have a new a pokemon. Lets get you geared.
Apon Purchase or Exit: Thank you for your patronige. If you ever want more outfits comeback
Item Range: Unlike his generic Counterpart this guy specilises in poke look alike outfits and will make you a custom outfit (Male or female) to match your mega if you have both the pokemon and mega on your. For example Diancie gets you a diamond studed dress or Suit while Zard-X would give you something Blue with a few flame's Etc. Basically any viable Mega has an equivlent outfit here for purchase

Discount Store
Clerk (Female) - So you found me...what you weren't looking for me. Curse's the other shop keepers must be jealous of my low price's. Sorry About my rant I'm the discount clerk and each day I stock 3 new Items at low low price's. Where do these Items come from? Well some are relics from my journies as a trainer but the rest is excess stock brought from fellow retailers when they get to much. Anyway enough Take a look at my range.

Subsequent talks: A new day, new items. I knew you would be back. Here take a look
Apon Purchase or Exit: Thank you for your patronige. Take a look tommorow

Item Range: This girl essentially has the same 8 random items with 3 per day showing along with 3 permament Items that can be brought Outright at anytime. The 8 Randoms are a Focus Sash, Power Herb, Weakness policy, Max Revive, Max Potion, Ultra Ball, Quick Ball and Full heal available at a price equal to 3/4 of there counterpart. The 3 permanant items are a TLS outfit needed later ingame, a Victini Charm which lets you find a victini later on and 2 PP maxes. These 3 are subject to change based on what the rest of you want
Generic NPC's

NPC Socialite (Female) - This NPC will greet you as you enter the room. What to pick, what to where..OH new blood you look lost. This is the Customisation Basement where you change very foundation of how you looks. Well anything except your gender anyway. Wanna change your hair and eye colour you can. Want a new Trainer avater thats yours to if you purchase it. What does it have to do with battling? Well nothing but some of us do enjoy looking good while we battle and you dont want to go saving the world looking like a newb. Anyway take a look around. And while your at it take this. ''Hands player Socialite Outfit''.
Subsequent talks: Looking good today young lady/man. Good to see your saving the world in style

NPC Scientist (Male) - This outfit would make me look fat, this one to feminine, This one not tough enoug... What I'm not a crossdresser..Im..Buying this for my sister... just because i'm in the ladies section...Oh you want a recommendation. Well ask the clerks because I'm a really poor judge of looks on anyone other then myself...My sister.

NPC Pokefan (Male) - I'm just here to get some trinkets for my darling clefable. She deserve's it after breaking 3 stall teams today. My talonflame too is getting a trinket. The range available is huge

NPC Professional Model (Female) - As famous as I am I refuse to let others shop for me so this basement is perfect. No paparrazi meaning I can shop in peace. Besides a girl is best off choosing her own outfit and so should you. If you do think you need advice on clothing ask your pokemon they know best.
NPC Giovanni (Acter male) - Out of my way Kid, I'm off to the radio tower to be with the rest of team rocket and after 3 years of training I will not let them down. I must go now...You would dare stand in my way, I have no time for this...Those eye's you remind me of him, the same young trainer who defeated me 3 years earlier. If its a battle you want fine I wont Lose. Battle begins
His team is in the pastebin http://pastebin.com/YpRpP5Gc Basically with the exception of honchcrow because I felt he needed a few theme pokemon. the team is what I think an OU version of his famous ground type Team would look like with magnezone thrown in. Feel free to suggest change's

After Defeat - What...3 year's for nothing. The dream of team rocket is no more. Reduced to ash's... Hahahaha I had you there kid I'm an Acter and I'm staring in a movie about the Johto Team rocket revival. I play Giovanni who lose's to a girl named Lyra in some wierd celebi Timeshift event which all but ends the threat of Team rocket. Pretty cool hey. Bet team rocket would never have comeback if most of the trainers in johto had been using OU viable Pokemon instead of relying on a pair of 10 year olds. I'm just down here getting some practice and getting some more outfits. Here take this as a thank you for helping me practice my part. ''Hands the player a Giovanni Outfit''

Reception floor NPCs (done by estralita )

Lady: Wow this store really does have almost everything you need to make a splash in battling. I just found the perfect items for my darling Conkeldurr!

Rich Boy: I bought all the the best items. I paid for the best shakes, I have the best TMs, but I still can't win. I guess having the items doesn't matter if I can't use them right...

Hiker: While things like Pokeballs might not help you out in a battle, you shouldn't neglect them. You can't battle if you don't have a team.

Adventure Supplies NPCs (done by ForumBeta )

Clerks: "Welcome to the adventure supplies, where you can find an item for every need you may have!" *Buys item* "Please come again!"

Bug Catcher: "I love Net Balls! Net Balls make it easier to catch water and bug-typed pokemon!"

Pokefan: *Gazing at counter* "There are so many choices..."

Hiker: "Hey kid, I got a deal for you. I found this Protector in Mt. Dogars but none of my pokemon can use it to evolve. It's so heavy, so would you mind taking it off my hands? *Player accepts* Thanks kid! I think there is a trade shop upstairs where you can evolve your Rhydon. I wish I had a Rhyperior...They say not even the wind from the birds can move it.

TM Depot NPCs(done by Salemance )

Clerk 1 & 2: "Welcome to our wonderful abode of a shop, where all kinds of TMs can be found! What ya want today?"

*buy stuff and leave*

"Come again anytime!"

Lab Assistant: *is hiding behind the shelf diggin in drawers and notices you*

"Oh crap, its you again! What? No I'm not stealing anything!"

*Both clerks look at him with his hands full of merchandise*

Clerk 1: "He looks a lot like that fella who stole our HM case dont he?"

Lab Assistant: "Uh, okay im out!"

*Runs away while slipping Exp. Share and a note in your pocket*

Clerks: ...."How does he slip by us to the counter every time?"

Big Fat Guy: "I dont know why but i like staring at all the discs racks. They are all so colorful."

Upon viewing, The Ugly Note (Key Item) reads: "Prof told me to give you a location for a cloned legend so here is the location of Djiin Summit"

Hipster in a corner: "TMs are important but i never get why I cant buy HMs here either. They both are infinitely reusable..."

Evolutions R' Us NPCs(done by WebBowser )

Trade Evolution Guy(scientist sprite): "Hey kid! This is my latest invention, the Traditron 5000! Just stick a pokeball on each end and the Traditron 5000 sucks them both up and passes them through an electric current. When each pokeball comes out on the other side, you'll find your pokemon completely unharmed! Sometimes this can even cause genetic mutations that can make pokemon even stronger then before! Want to give it a try? Only 5000 poke needed!"

(say yes)

"Alright, pick a pokemon to go in the first end."

(player picks a mon)

"Now pick one for the other end"

(player picks another mon)

"Now then, LET'S TRADE!"

*sparks come out of the machine. Machine noises are made*

"Success! Here's your pokemon back!"

(player receives mon 1)

(player receives mon 2)

"Come back any time!"

*evolutions, if any, occur now*

(say no)

"Oh, well that's too bad"

NPC Pokefan: "Awesome! I just stuck my Kadabra into that weird machine over there, and now he has this EPIC STATCHE!!!!1!1!!one! Oh yeah, and I think his special attack increased or something. I wonder if any of my other pokemon evolve from going through there. Maybe I should try having them hold stuff too!"

Store Clerk: "Welcome to Evolutions R' Us, we have all the items you need to make your pokemon as strong as possible!"

(browses store)

Store Clerk: We hope to see you again!

Fitness Center floor NPCs(done by estralita )

Pokefan: Not only are shakes tasty, they can also help make your Pokemon stronger, or more friendly! My Buneary Evolved into a Lopunny after trying one of them.

Little Girl: Sitrus Berries are my favorite! I always give one to my Belly Drumming Azumarill before each battle.

Socialite: My darling Alakazam loves Red Shakes. But they aren't very good for Special Attackers like him, so I always make sure he eats plenty of Kelpsy Berries afterwards.

The first one is the employee who you can buy daily specials from. Which shakes are available changes randomly, but the EV Shakes will always be a uniform strength, to help you keep track

Employee 1: Hello, welcome to the Super Shake Emporium, where you can supercharge your pokemon's power with a a few berries and a few minutes! How can I help you?

The second is the Custom Shake station, where you make your own shakes. Unlike in X and Y, you can make as many as you want in one sitting.

Employee 2: Welcome to Custom Shakes, where you are in complete control. Assuming you have the right berries and know what you're doing. If you don't know... things could be quite perilous. Ready to Shake it up?
-No
Alright then, good to be cautious. Don't want to potentially lose all your Pokemon's EVs by accident. On purpose is a different story of course. Hope to see you later!
-Yes
Alright! Someone's decided to be daring. Which berries do you want?
-After choice
Good decision. Lets SHAKE IT UP!...Looks like we've made a ( type of shake) Which Pokemon do you want to give it to?
-I don't want it
Really? Well, if you aren't going to drink it, I will. Maybe next time.
-After choice
Alright! Looks like it worked like a charm (Effect of Shake) Want to keep shaking?
-I'm done
Alright then. Be sure to remember to come back and Shake it up some more!

The next one sells berries. It has all the most common competitive berries, as well as the EV dropping berries.

Employee 3: Hello, welcome to the Berry Bar, fufilling all your competitive berry needs. How can I help you?

Battle Rooftop Trainers (done by a bunch of people)

Hiker Abdul

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
252 HP/ 112 Def/ 112 SpD
Impish nature
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Slack Off
-Whirlwind

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
-Pursuit
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
4 Atk/ 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
-Earthquake
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spd
Adamant Nauture
-Earthquake
-Iron Head
-Rock Slide
-Rapid Spin

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
252 HP/ 184 Def/ 72 SpD
Calm Nature
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Flamethrower
-Softboiled

Rotom Wash @ Chesto Berry
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Will-o-Wisp
-Volt Switch
-Rest

Intro Quote: Sand in my hair. Sand in my clothes. Sand in my eyes, sand everywhere!
Loss Quote: ahhh, Ahhh, AHHHCHOO! I got sand in my nose!
Post Battle Quote: It's important to not stack too many weaknesses when making a sand team!

Ex Team Aqua Grunt

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rest
- Toxic
- Encore

Omastar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Knock Off

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 64 Atk / 216 SpA / 228 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Hydro Pump
- Waterfall

Klefki @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Rain Dance

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4Def
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Intro Quote: Team Aqua may be dead, but I will not let everyone forget that RAIN is the most powerful weather!
Loss Quote: I feel a drought coming in...
Post Battle Quote: See that ex-magma grunt over there? He'll try to tell you that sun is the most powerful weather. Kick his ass!

Ex Team Magma Grunt

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA 252 Spe 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA 252 Spe 4 Def
Naive Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 SDef
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch

Klefki @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP 252 SDef 8 Atk
Careful Nature
- Sunny Day
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Play Rough

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP 168 Def 68 SpA 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Roost

Intro Quote: Team Magma may be toast, but I will not let everyone forget that SUN is the most powerful weather!
Loss Quote: It seems that my day has become cloudy....
Post Battle Quote: See that ex-aqua grunt over there? He'll try to tell you that rain is the most powerful weather. Kick his ass!

Scientist Ferdinand

Mew @ Light Clay
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sky Attack
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick

Haxorus @ Draco Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Manaphy @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Latias (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Draco Meteor

Intro Quote: What would you do if all your attacks suddenly started doing half damage?
Loss Quote: Noooo, how did you break my screens?
Post-Battle Quote: Light Screen and Reflect allow you to play much more offensively then normal, turning most one hit KOs into 2 hits and 2 hit KOs into 3 or even 4 hit KOs, while you are still able to attack unhindered. Defog and Brick Break can remove screens early, but by then it may even be too late.

TM List and Other Shopables
TMs:

Fire Blast
Thunder
Solarbeam
Reflect
Light Screen
Trick Room
Thunderbolt
Blizzard
Ice Beam

Held Items:

Light Clay
Damp Rock
Heat Rock
Icy Rock
Smooth Rock
Choice Band
Choice Scarf
Choice Specs
Life Orb
Assault Vest
Leftovers

Evolution Items:

Pretty much anything that has to do with evolution that isn't a mega stone

Adventure Supplies:
Repel
Super Repel
Escape Rope
Pokeball
Great Ball
Ultra Ball
Specialty Balls (net ball, happiness ball, etc)
Hyper Potion
Full Restore
Full Heal

Those are all the items I recall being useful at level 50+, lemme know if I forgot anything or if you want to add more stuff

Okay.........then after that!....we got the gym.

First, the leader's team is found in link below, as is the rest of the data as I am genuinely getting annoyed at all the typing and the post length now (even while yall are getting annoyed at all the hide tabs...)

Hex Lady with Sableye: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-10#post-5929760

Mr. Blacklist: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-10#post-5930299

Legendary Explanitions: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-10#post-5929429

Pokemon Compilation: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...2-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-9#post-5915809

Mega Stone Stuff: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-10#post-5919318

Zarel's Stuff: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-11#post-5934938

EnGarde: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-11#post-5935676

Radio Tower: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-11#post-5936256

Legendary Guy: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-12#post-5947094

Leader Team (Skiigan): http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-12#post-5949527

Gym Puzzle: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-13#post-5968995

Gym Trainer (last fightable one): http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-13#post-5974885

Gym Trainer (second to last one): http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-13#post-5975826

Gym Trainer (goes in there): http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fourth-gym-town.3521552/page-14#post-5983479

More Gym Trainers but didnt have proper links for em since it was a PM:
Team 1:

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Safegaurd

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Psychic

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Reflect Type
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Recover

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash

I kept phys defensive togekiss, and here's why. Fairy-Flying is really really good physical defensive typing. It hard counters any fighting mon (cept maybe lopunny), it has relatively few weaknesses (from a phys standpoint, rock and steel are the only relevant ones), has a ground immunity which is always great, and handles dark type mons not named bisharp with ease. Now that I think about it, bisharp is gonna be a pain for this entire gym isn't he?

Team 2:

Victini @ Charcoal
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blue Flare
- U-turn
- V-create
- Bolt Strike

Latios @ Draco Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Alakazam @ Alakazite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Taunt

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

With the TM Psyshock course

Anywho, @WebBrowser will be on soon to explain the next area of discussion for us all or more saying where it will be focused on along with the other guidelines. Thanks for the patience yall and thanks to all the hard work put into this town!

Last edited:
Alrighty, time to start working on the next route.

As a quick reminder, here's the Smog Smog map:

The red dot with the black circle is where we are now. I'm thinking that our next stop should be that blue cave area to the north.

So let's start with the route in between. Given that we're about to hit the mountain ranges again, I'm thinking of a bit more rugged area with a colder climate (since we introduced most of the fire types back in Dogers). We should have 3 or 4 trainers and some wild pokemon too. So some questions we should answer:

1. How do you want this area to look? I know I mentioned how I imagined the route, but my word is by no means final, so if you have a more interesting idea, then feel free to post.

2. What kind of Pokemon should we introduce here? Ice types? Dragons? Some Water types we missed earlier? I'm thinking that we should have at least 5 wild pokemon species here, with at least 2 of them being ones that were not previously available to the trainer.

3. Anything else of interest we should stick here? Move tutors, TMs, random buildings, etc are all cool.

you know, the Zarel stuff seems to indicate an encounter with Team Luck-Sack. Should we come up with grunts for that, or did we do that already, or what?

Didnt do one in last route, or town so might be worth an endeavor. I see no harm in some proposals.

I like the idea of icy and mountainous place a bit, and think that dragons might be worth putting after i guess? Sorry, just hard seeing dragons and ice together sometimes).

I had a weird idea of a mamoswine stampede happening here for whatever reason. Want thAt as a possible luck sack attack?

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Not to be the mood-destroyer, but i feel like it's getting kind of monotonous with everywhere we go having a TLS plot, many of them being quite big. I feel that we need some time w/o any involvement from TLS, so that the player has some time to do other things rather than beating the bad guys. Yk whenever a town had some evil corp plot, i would just wanna beat them quick and rush out, and check out the town way afterwards. Maybe we can give the player something to do other than rushing after bandana-wearing guys, maybe we can have a big plot that'll cover this whole icy place, yet not be related to TLS. If we do so, we can still go with w/e plans Phione has by making the player come back to the mountain for that very purpose(it would be a bit comfortable now that the player would know the cave), or we could not do what i said and move on. Just my opinion, could differ from yours.

Not to be the mood-destroyer, but i feel like it's getting kind of monotonous with everywhere we go having a TLS plot, many of them being quite big. I feel that we need some time w/o any involvement from TLS, so that the player has some time to do other things rather than beating the bad guys. Yk whenever a town had some evil corp plot, i would just wanna beat them quick and rush out, and check out the town way afterwards. Maybe we can give the player something to do other than rushing after bandana-wearing guys, maybe we can have a big plot that'll cover this whole icy place, yet not be related to TLS. If we do so, we can still go with w/e plans Phione has by making the player come back to the mountain for that very purpose(it would be a bit comfortable now that the player would know the cave), or we could not do what i said and move on. Just my opinion, could differ from yours.
Nah its fine and its something i recall hating bout BW (the last ones i really played. No money for ORAS and XY was the case) and just something entertaining in the mountain could be fun too or Just nothing at this route except a journey.

'Gain, idk, just thinking allowed. I wouldnt mind just a mountain to climb.

Wild Pokémon Proposal:
Piloswine (Common)
Levels: 45-52
Held Items: Rare Bone (3%), Eviolite (5%)
Reason: Mamoswine is very viable in OU for un-tauntable Rocks and can run several effective sets. Piloswine seems like it would fit in very well with the mountains. The Rare Bone can help a player stock up on items for the harder trainer battles, and this seems like a good place to start giving away free Eviolites, seeing as most of the player's Pokémon are fully evolved and thus Eviolite will not be broken.

Last edited:
Hmm, lets get some proposals done real fast.

Overall while we are still really just debating what exactly encompasses this route, I still believe a few constants to be held and that there is a mountain/cave in the way of our path, and it be rude of us not to have this before it.

Building Proposal
Right near the entrance of the cave/mountain, there will be a small little abode. Here will be a hiker, his wife, a nice warm fire place and kitchen (its a small house with the necessities) and a bed. Here you will be capable of going to the bed, and resting, healing all your Pokémon up and rejuvenating you for the trek ahead. When talking to the Hiker, he will state, "Oh, why another little adventurer is out and about! I thought I saw some idiot like you running up the mountain stating he would do anything with his best friends. His Pokémon im guessing? Not too sure."

He is course talking bout your secondary rival, the one who acts like that of Ash. I'm thinking of not saying he is able to be fought, but he could be, just more he is possibly seen struggling with his team of mons that we know of as not OU viable.

Then i'll get my usual Pokémon Proposal out of the way too. Since its a mountainous area (and ignoring the obvious ice types for a bit), I think i'll go with this....

Pokémon Proposal
Pupitar
Levels: 42-50
Held Item: Smooth Rock (7%)
Reasoning: Basically a pre-evolution of one of OU's defining mons since its inception and being a mon that has made its living in mountainous areas, it would seem wrong not to include it into this area with the ability to do so. It allows a bit of time to get it evolved and at an acceptable place when you are starting to get concrete ideals for teams. Nothing too fancy just more a basic idea.

Pokemon Proposal
Gabite: Lvl 42-50
Garchomp: Lvl 48-50 (Rare)

The pre-evo and fully evolved version of one of OU's premier jack-of-all-trades mons. Garchomp can excel as a scarfer, SR lead, or can go gen 4 style and wreck things with SD. Also has a decent mega whose stone I think was introduced earlier.

For this mountain I think it should kinda be generic, nothing major should be introduced due to the wealth of items the player just received access to. Maybe a few trades and trainers but overall a regular cave. Kinda like the calm before the storm so to speak. Also Salemance was talking about introducing the genies soon, would here be a good place to do it? Also want to give the player Terrakion but maybe later at Victory road or something

Yeah I think my plan can come later. For now, proposal for a small area:
Dragon Shrine - the ruins of a small stone building with dragon artwork on the walls, and many holes where frigid air blows through. There are no items here. Dragon-type and Pupitar encounter rates are a lot higher, though you still can find Ice-types. If your party's lead is a Dragon-type, a wild level 55 Zweilous will apear in the overworld at the end of the area. Just a cute little Dragon area for your catching needs, and ScarfDreigon is actually pretty good right now.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
...a cute little Dragon area...
lol, tho i actually dont wanna give away fully evolved super monsters, but that's just me.(or it could be Dragonite rather than Hydrie, cos Dragonite is actually cute)
i think Garchomp should be super rare or w/e the term is for more than rare.

Pokemon Proposal
Axew (Lv 42-46)
Fraxure (44-47)---->both for inside the cave, they are allergic to the ice that's outside.
Mold Breaker 147 attack when fully evo'd to slay with DD's. I like Haxorus. And i think if we introduce it later, it'll be easily overlooked.

Also i think we should save one of the big dragons for a bit later, handing them all out at once may cause the team to become close to mono-dragon.

lol, tho i actually dont wanna give away fully evolved super monsters, but that's just me.(or it could be Dragonite rather than Hydrie, cos Dragonite is actually cute)
i think Garchomp should be super rare or w/e the term is for more than rare.

Also i think we should save one of the big dragons for a bit later, handing them all out at once may cause the team to become close to mono-dragon.

Baloney! Look as this adorable little thing!

More seriously, I don't really like having wild fully evolved dragons all that much myself. We can have high-ish level versions of their unevolved counterparts without any issue, but save fully evolved wild dragons for later in the game. Besides, they're going to be high enough level that they're going to evolve on their own anyway.

That being said, I'm thinking that our next gym should be fairy type simply to punish people trying to get away with mono dragon.

Nothing wrong with giving them things like Gabite and Dragonair though.

i second fairy as the next gym type when the time comes. Its important to show the days of dragon and fighting spam are over instead using a balanced team of mixed types will achieve better drops. Plus having a fairy gym after a route with dragons would be hilaroous.

Anyway pokemon proposal. Sneasal (lv44-47). Held item razor claw 5%

stupid mobile typing. Anyway sneasal eventually evolves into weavile one of OUs beat anti meta offensive pokemon. Good access to piority, fast and access to good utility moves such as pursuit and taunt. Its easy too see why.

stupid mobile typing. Anyway sneasal eventually evolves into weavile one of OUs beat anti meta offensive pokemon. Good access to piority, fast and access to good utility moves such as pursuit and taunt. Its easy too see why.
Np, just mobiles are stupid. A common, common fact here. :D

Anyway, i had said i was hoping to make part of that cave lead off into a section that allows the capture of the djiin trio (i got that saved for when we do move into the mountain itself after the route).

I think it be interesting since this is a bit of a mountain route, maybe have some nice points of elevation with steps leading down to a lower part (or heck have a big ol mining operation down there too possibly). I cant quite place an area that similar to that, but it be lots of bridges and ladders going down, etc.

Alright, so this was a pretty short route, so let's go ahead and wrap this up.

This fairly short route starts out rocky and starts becoming snow covered as we get closer to the cave. Thankfully, it's not snowing at the moment, meaning that we won't have to deal with annoying perma hail wearing down our mons and breaking all our sashes. Near the cave entrance, there is a kind old lady who warns you that the cave is rather treacherous and houses many strong pokemon. She then offers you her house to rest at in order to prepare for your journey.

As far as I can tell, there is no water on this route, so here's our wild mons:

Piloswine(common)
Levels: 45-52
Held Items: Rare Bone (3%), Eviolite (5%)

Sneasal(common)
Levels: 44-50
Held Items: Razor Claw (30%), Focus Sash (3%) (I bumped up chances for Razor Claw because it's the only way to evolve Sneasal and it's useful for pretty much nothing else. Added chance for Sash just to mess with players. Yell at me if this is not ok)

Pupitar(rare)
Levels: 48-52
Held Item: Smooth Rock (7%)

Cloyster(super rare)
Level: 50-54
Item: White Herb (10%)

Imma save dragons and dragon shrine for the cave proper if you all don't mind, just cuz I think that would be a really cool room to find and Dragons don't like the cold, so it'd make sense if they lived a bit deeper in the cave.

Relevant Posts

Old Lady House:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...on-2-route-eight.3521552/page-15#post-6016033

Wild Pokemon:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...on-2-route-eight.3521552/page-15#post-6016033

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...on-2-route-eight.3521552/page-15#post-6015099

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...on-2-route-eight.3521552/page-15#post-6017586

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...on-2-route-eight.3521552/page-15#post-6015638

Alright, so with the route finished, what do we want to do with the cave? What should we name it? How big is it? What kind of obnoxious creative and clever puzzles can we throw at the player? What kinds of trainers hang out here, if any at all?

I think we should throw a strength puzzle in just for kicks, those were some of the most infuriating things ever invented. Maybe an sliding-on-ice puzzle too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)