Pokemon that benefit the most from Dream World (They see me Update'n,)

Lucario's new ability Justice heart will be interesting. It is basically flash fire but for dark moves, and increases attack. choiced pursuits will give him a good set up: absorb and either SD or agillity (if dream world abillities can be breed), and sweep with either +3 attack or +1 attack /+2 speed. The game's best sweeper just got better.

Lucario's new ability Justice heart will be interesting. It is basically flash fire but for dark moves, and increases attack. choiced pursuits will give him a good set up: absorb and either SD or agillity (if dream world abillities can be breed), and sweep with either +3 attack or +1 attack /+2 speed. The game's best sweeper just got better.
No one would use a choice banded pursuit on Lucario. He can't really switch into them either since it would hit the pokemon switching out. He'd still get a turn to set up while the choice user switches out afterward, but his ability doesn't really come into play.

true, i didn't think of that. /facepalm. Still, with the ghost/fire type with shadow tag running around Lucario will have chances to come in on crunches or dark pulses to get the boost, or just the resisted shadow ball to set up. This metagame will be interesting.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I looked through the list of older pokemon being given new abilities, and although all the cool ones have been taken, I think there are a few other important improvements.

Dream World Ability: Hydration

Ability Characteristics:

When Rain Dance is in effect, this Pokémon heals itself of burn, freeze, paralysis, poison, and sleep at the end of each turn.

Pros:
Lapras can now abuse DD+HydraRest much like Kingdra's DD+ChestoRest does in OU. Lapras' natural bulk allows it to get up a DD quite easily, and it can outspeed many other pokemon once it does. Coupled with Politoed's infinite rain, Lapras can Rest for 100% health, with no drawbacks. Due to the power of almost anything after a few DDs and Lapras's bulk, Lapras will be a beast to face in UU. It can also help with its stalling capabilities, although Lapras' overwhelming power after a few DDs overshadows the benefits of a status-free tank.

Cons:
Although Lapras enjoys the 25% health boost from switching into water attacks (especially considering its weakness to Stealth Rock), HydraRest more than makes up for that, giving Lapras all of its HP back.

Dream World Ability: Unaware

Ability Characteristics:

If a Pokemon with the ability Unaware is the target of an attack, all of the attacker's [Special] Attack boosts are ignored.

Pros:
Quagsire has always been a solid UU pokemon, sponging physical attacks from many UU attackers with relative ease because of its great typing. But many physical attackers, like Blaziken and Scyther, boost their attack to very high levels with Swords Dance, allowing them to break through Quagsire's defenses quite easily. But with Unaware, stat boosts are ignored, allowing Quagsire to hit these attackers with the right super effective attack.

Cons:
Quagsire loses its ability to counter Kyogre in Ubers, but it was never walling anything there anyway. In UU, Quagsire unfortunately loses its ability to hard counter CB Azumarill, but it nullifies the Choice Band boost so that Quagsire can use Toxic and stall it out, or use Curse to withstand further assault and attack hard itself.

Dream World Ability: Flash Fire

Ability Characteristics:

When this Pokémon is hit by a Fire-type move, it takes no damage, and all Fire-type moves used by this Pokémon deal 50% more damage.

Pros:
Entei's lack of decent physical STAB and a decent physical movepool has always doomed it to NU. However, Fire is a good offensive typing, and with Flash Fire boosting its Fire moves, Entei can serve as an effective mixed sweeper, with a boosted STAB Flamethrower off 90 base special attack and good attack. Entei can also utilize Choice Specs to further power up its Fire Blasts, allowing it to deal excellent damage to anything that doesn't resist it.

Cons:
Entei won't miss Pressure; the weakness to Stealth Rock and somewhat low defenses don't allow it to run a defensive set abusing Pressure very well, and Flash Fire helps the offensive sets a lot more.

Dream World Ability: Cloud Nine

Ability Characteristics:

While a Pokémon with Cloud Nine is in play, the effects of weather are temporarily disabled.

Pros:
UU has always been rampant with weather teams, and many sweepers like SD Kabutops obtain absurd power in the rain or sun. Altaria resists both Fire and Water, the moves boosted by weather, and can now cancel it out with Cloud Nine. Coupled with its great defenses, Altaria can now put a full stop to weather teams, now made much more powerful with Drizzle Politoed and Drought Ninetales.

Cons:
Altaria can't stall very well if poisoned, and Natural Cure lets it simply switch out to cure it. With Cloud Nine, Altaria will probably be dead weight against an opposing stall team unless it's a DD or Specs variant. However, the use of Heal Bell helps to mitigate this problem, and also helps it run an offensive set.

Dream World Ability: Cloud Nine

Ability Characteristic:

While a Pokémon with Cloud Nine is in play, the effects of weather are temporarily disabled.

Pros:
Lickilicky has always been a useful pokemon, learning Swords Dance and having good defenses. With Cloud Nine, it could setup on Rain Dance sweepers and pose a good offensive threat. It differs from Altaria in that it can provide a substantial offensive presence while also threatening weather teams.

Cons:
Losing Own Tempo leaves it susceptible to confusion and hitting itself with boosted attack, but due to the scarcity of confusion, it won't be missing too much.

Dream World Ability: Hydration

Ability Characteristics:

When Rain Dance is in effect, this Pokémon heals itself of burn, freeze, paralysis, poison, and sleep at the end of each turn.

Pros:
Whiscash has always been bulky, and has an excellent defensive typing to boot. But its offensive capabilities are somewhat lacking. With Dragon Dance, it can raise its mediocre attack and speed stats to huge levels. However, it requires a couple DDs to get its stats high enough to sweep. However, Whiscash has access to Rest, and with Hydration, it can Rest and get back to full health with no drawbacks, letting it DD many times and sweep with its good STAB moves.

Cons:
Whiscash loses Anticipation, but that was never very useful anyway. No real loss.

Dream World Ability: Swift Swim

Ability Characteristics:

Rain doubles the Speed of Pokémon with Swift Swim.

Pros:
Armaldo has difficulty sweeping with such low speed. Although it can ues Rock Polish to boost its speed, it still doesn't possess the same power a Swords Dance sweeper would have. Swift Swim doubles its speed, allowing it use Swords Dance and boost its already excellent attack. It has excellent type coverage with its STAB moves and Earthquake, so Swift Swim allows it to hit hard while retaining great speed.

Cons:
Battle Armor only helps with stalling and supporting, which Swift Swim does not help with at all. No loss.

This is a really long post, sorry D:

EDIT: Here it is in BB code, so you can just copy/paste it into the OP. The pictures load instead of the image URLs, so just use http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/lapras.png, and substitute the name of the pokemon in question for "lapras." You'll also have to bold everything that needs to be bolded.

Code:
I looked through the list of older pokemon being given new abilities, and although all the cool ones have been taken, I think there are a few other important improvements.

[IMG]http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/lapras.png[/IMG]

[B]Dream World Ability: Hydration

Ability Characteristics:[/B]

[B]Pros:[/B]
Lapras can now abuse DD+HydraRest much like Kingdra's DD+ChestoRest does in OU. Lapras' natural bulk allows it to get up a DD quite easily, and it can outspeed many other pokemon once it does. Coupled with Politoed's infinite rain, Lapras can Rest for 100% health, with no drawbacks. Due to the power of almost anything after a few DDs and Lapras's bulk, Lapras will be a beast to face in UU. It can also help with its stalling capabilities, although Lapras' overwhelming power after a few DDs overshadows the a status-free tank.

[B]Cons:[/B]
Although Lapras enjoys the 25% health boost from switching into water attacks (especially considering its weakness to Stealth Rock), HydraRest more than makes up for that, giving Lapras all of its HP back.

[IMG]http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/quagsire.png[/IMG]

[B]Dream World Ability: Unaware

If a Pokemon with the ability Unaware is the target of an attack, all of the attacker's [Special] Attack boosts are ignored.

Quagsire has always been a solid UU pokemon, sponging physical attacks from many UU attackers with relative ease because of its great typing. But many physical attackers, like Blaziken and Scyther, boost their attack to very high levels with Swords Dance, allowing them to break through Quagsire's defenses quite easily. But with Unaware, stat boosts are ignored, allowing Quagsire to hit these attackers with the right super effective attack.

Quagsire loses its ability to counter Kyogre in Ubers, but it was never walling anything there anyway. In UU, Quagsire unfortunately loses its ability to hard counter CB Azumarill, but it nullifies the Choice Band boost so that Quagsire can use Toxic and stall it out, or use Curse to withstand further assault and attack hard itself.

[IMG]http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/entei.png[/IMG]

[B]Dream World Ability: Flash Fire

When this Pokémon is hit by a Fire-type move, it takes no damage, and all Fire-type moves used by this Pokémon deal 50% more damage.

Entei's lack of decent physical STAB and a decent physical movepool has always doomed it to NU. However, Fire is a good offensive typing, and with Flash Fire boosting its Fire moves, Entei can serve as an effective mixed sweeper, with a boosted STAB Flamethrower off 90 base special attack and good attack. Entei can also utilize Choice Specs to further power up its Fire Blasts, allowing it to deal excellent damage to anything that doesn't resist it.

Entei won't miss Pressure; the weakness to Stealth Rock and somewhat low defenses don't allow it to run a defensive set abusing Pressure very well, and Flash Fire helps the offensive sets a lot more.

[IMG]http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/altaria.png[/IMG]

[B]Dream World Ability: Cloud Nine

UU has always been rampant with weather teams, and many sweepers like SD Kabutops obtain absurd power in the rain or sun. Altaria resists both Fire and Water, the moves boosted by weather, and can now cancel it out with Cloud Nine. Coupled with its great defenses, Altaria can now put a full stop to weather teams, now made much more powerful with Drizzle Politoed and Drought Ninetales.

Altaria can't stall very well if poisoned, and Natural Cure lets it simply switch out to cure it. With Cloud Nine, Altaria will probably be dead weight against an opposing stall team unless it's a DD or Specs variant.

[IMG]http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/lickilicky.png[/IMG]

[B]Dream World Ability: Cloud Nine

Ability Characteristic:[/B]

Lickilicky has always been a useful pokemon, learning Swords Dance and having good defenses. With Cloud Nine, it could setup on Rain Dance sweepers and pose a good offensive threat. It differs from Altaria in that it can provide a substantial offensive presence while also threatening weather teams.

Losing Own Tempo leaves it susceptible to confusion and hitting itself with boosted attack, but due to the scarcity of confusion, it won't be missing too much.

[IMG]http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/whiscash.png[/IMG]

[B]Dream World Ability: Hydration

Whiscash has always been bulky, and has an excellent defensive typing to boot. But its offensive capabilities are somewhat lacking. With Dragon Dance, it can raise its mediocre attack and speed stats to huge levels. However, it requires a couple DDs to get its stats high enough to sweep. However, Whiscash has access to Rest, and with Hydration, it can Rest and get back to full health with no drawbacks, letting it DD many times and sweep with its good STAB moves.

Whiscash loses Anticipation, but that was never very useful anyway. No real loss.

[IMG]http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/armaldo.png[/IMG]

[B]Dream World Ability: Swift Swim

Rain doubles the Speed of Pokémon with Swift Swim.

Armaldo has difficulty sweeping with such low speed. Although it can ues Rock Polish to boost its speed, it still doesn't possess the same power a Swords Dance sweeper would have. Swift Swim doubles its speed, allowing it use Swords Dance and boost its already excellent attack. It has excellent type coverage with its STAB moves and Earthquake, so Swift Swim allows it to hit hard while retaining great speed.

Battle Armor only helps with stalling and supporting, which Swift Swim does not help with at all. No loss.

This is a really long post, sorry D:

Blaziken got Speed Boost but Heracross didn't? Aw.... hopefully Heracross will get a way to boost it's speed this time around and become a top OU threat once again.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Blaziken got Speed Boost but Heracross didn't? Aw.... hopefully Heracross will get a way to boost it's speed this time around and become a top OU threat once again.
I am also a huge Heracross fan. If he's BPed speed or runs a SubSalac set, he will own with Earthquake Spiral.

I just wanna go ahead and say to those who have been wondering if we can breed dream world abilities, can you not breed moves and then get the dream world ability afterwards? I don't know if this is actually possible, but it would stop a lot of people from making those dumb posts, "but the question is, can we breed dreamworld abilities?"

Just throwing some more up that I think deserve a mention.

Dream World Ability: Chlorophyll

Ability Characteristics:
Speed doubles in sun.​

Pros:
Leafeon has relatively good bulk, plus it gets sword dance, wish,yawn, synthesis, baton pass and much more. It can be a sweeper,baton passer, wish supporter and he can even possibly be a fast wall/statuser. Whats not love, this guy has many options and will be hard to stop. So go out there and look this guy over, he will not disappoint in whatever you need done.​

Cons:
None really, leafeons other ability is Leaf guard which cures status in the sun, which unless your running a rest leafeon in the sun which their is no point to do that, use chlorophyll because leafeon even gets heal bell to get rid of any other status.​

Dream World Ability: Sturdy

Ability Characteristics:
If the holder has max HP, Sturdy guarantees they survive any attack with 1 HP. If the holder is not at full health, the sturdy will not activate.​

Pros:
Now Regirock can be an effective lead thanks to this ability. It can survive an attack with this ability and use an item. It can utilize stealth rock and explosion both of which are good for a lead. Even if he doesn't make it to Ou, Regirock will be a great lead in uu.​

Cons:
Regirocks former ability is clear body which didn't help it much. Sure it kept it from having its attack power lowered but Regirock is mainly used for utility so no real loss.​

Dream World Ability: Earthquake Spiral/Arrogance/Overconfidence

Ability Characteristics:
Raises pokemons attack stage by one whenever it knocks out an opponent.

Pros:
Gyarados has now become an even bigger threat. In exchange for being able to switch more, it is now more offensively threatening. Now you have to play very carefully around him, if he knocks out some-one he just gets to be more of a pain.

Cons:
Now gyarados can't take hits like he used to with intimidate. So really what ability you want to use depends on how you want to run him. A pure offensive gyarados will love his new ability, a defensive one will appreciate intimidate lowering the opponents attack.​

I'll put up Blastiose,Typhlosion and Lucario tommorow.
@CosmicExplorer. According to the information I got. Serebii doesn't have it because it has to take down all-most all its generation 5 stuff but I got this info on another site.

I thought we were working under the assumption that Dream World abilities don't work with Egg Moves (that's why I didn't do Quagsire myself)? If that's not the case, I'll see what else I can come up with.

@JLance
For Leafeon, you might put down for a con the fact that he still has a miserable movepool and is still only good late game. But I agree, the Speed certainly helps when coupled with his huge Attack and Defense.

Altaria can't stall very well if poisoned, and Natural Cure lets it simply switch out to cure it. With Cloud Nine, Altaria will probably be dead weight against an opposing stall team unless it's a DD or Specs variant.
Well the Defensive DD set(which has Heal Bell) could still work with Cloud Nine.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It still retains its typing and roost, as well as taunt and possibly stealth rock.
^^
Quoted on the first page for Gliscor

You may want to change this since I believe Gliscor cannot get both roost and Poison Heal (if I am incorrect please let me know lol)

Daniel, just wondering. Could you put the guys I did under my name? por favor. I was gonna copy and paste them possible and that would make it alot easier.

What about Shiftry getting Illusion? I know its not as a big deal as the others, but it learns Explosion. If you want a pokemon to sweep, but don't know if an opponent has a counter to it, bring in Shiftry as an illusion of that pokemon, then explode on their switch. If gen5 is all about setting up your own pokemon, then Shiftry could be a big help in regards to getting rid of counters.

This all comes down to how Illusion works however, I hear its always the pokemon in slot two (have no idea what happens if the Illusion pokemon is in slot two), however if you can choose the pokemon it Illusions into then this has potential.

Actually, leaf Guard isn't THAT bad for Leafeon, when most people try to stop Leafeon, they try to Will-o-Wisp it, and then I laugh!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)