Pokemon that benefit the most from Dream World (They see me Update'n,)

I've already done Lickilicky, but it seems to be forgotten :(
Anyway :

Dream World Ability: Technician

Ability Characteristics:
Moves with a base power of 60 or less raise to 1.5 times.

Pros:
Mr Mime, like many Psychics, lack good coverage moves bar Focus-miss. With Technician, now, he can use Hidden Power with about 90 BP, but also Magical Leaf to get ride of light water-type. Not too efficient, but nice in UU.

Cons:
While Filter is a great ability, Mr Mime isn't much bulky, so Super Effective moves still will kill MrMime, and even neutral STAB attacks.
Soundproof is a very good in Baton Pass team, but useless if one wants to use a NastyMime.

Dream World Ability: Regeneration

Ability Characteristics:
Whenever this Pokemon switch in, he recovers 30% HP.

Pros:
The biggest drawbacks of Ho-oh is Stealth Rock. Just in switching, he losts half of his life. With Regeneration, he will lose less than Salamence of Gyarados, and his good bulk will allow him to switch in easily, then Roost off the damage (while without regeneration, he is already dead) and start to fire powerful attacks.

Cons:
The SubRoostStall lose a useful capacity to pumps ennemy evs, but offensive sets don't care.

Ability Characteristics:

Pros:
Slowbro is sooooo slow. He switchs in, take damages and has to Slack off if he doesn't want to be killed and the opponent may anticipate it and switch with impunity. With Regeneration, he can forget the need of recovering and spread status.​

Cons:
Tempo Perso is only useful to Machamp.

Ability Characteristics:

Pros:
Everybody knows why Tangrowth, despite his great walling capacities, is a rare UU : no reliable recovery and paper-thin special defence. While the second drawback can't be remove, the first, with Regeneration, isn't much a problem. He switches in many attacks without taking Entry Hazards. Probably no enough to become a OU, but he can found a great niche in UU.

Cons:
Chlorophyill is a good ability in Sunny Day, which will become more present with Drought, but soooo many weather are going to be present, so it's no very reliable.

Dream World Ability: Anxiety

Ability Characteristics:
Opponent cannot eat berries

Pros:
Persian has only one asset over Ambipom : Hypnosis. With Anxiety, he will ignore Lum Berry and with Fake Out / U-Turn / Hypnosis / Filler, he puts asleep many leads (particulary if Hypnosis accuracy increases) and gains the momentum with U-Turn.

Cons:
Technician or Limber are both nice capacities, but Technician is better with Ambipom. Limber is still a great lost, but a nearly 100% win in lead-match is always good, notably with Moltres.

Dream World Ability: Justice Heart

Ability Characteristics:
Immune to Dark moves, boost Dark moves instead

Pros:
All of these three Pokemon use Dark Moves.
Defensively, Gallade transforms neutral in a great immunty to switch in TTar for exemple. The others already have a resistance, but an immunity is always good.
Offensively, Lucario can now abuse a powerful Crunch, notably to hit harder than CC Gyarados, Dragonite and Salamence. Absol has a terrific double STABbed Sucker Punch which hits like a truck. Finally, even if Gallade has better coverage moves, Low Kick + Night Slash on non-all out offensive sets is nice.

Cons:
The best ability lost is Super Luck (Absol), which can turn a hard counter in a dead opponent, but it's based on luck, and luck is not your friend.
When Lucario faces opponent which can flinch him, either they does loldamage (Jirachi) or kill him (Gyarados). It's always nice, but a boost in his main coverage move is, imo, more important.
Gallade never finds reliable use of his ability.

A long post, because i've found the new Dream World Ability : http://pkmn.net/?action=content&page=viewpage&id=8793

Here are two more and I have confirmed on Serebii that Gyarados does get Overconfidence
@Pagz, sorry but shifty doesn't get illusion. He gets wicked thief​

Dream World Ability: Heart of Justice

Ability Characteristics:
Attack raises if you are hit with a dark-type attack.​

Pros:
You are now looking at Lucarios soon-to-be most used ability. Thanks to this you can now switch in on dark atttacks for free and gain an attack boost. Then when the opponent switches out Lucario can stat up more with either sword dance or agility. Plus with him being able to fire stab close combats, this pokemon will be dealing a world of hurt.​

Cons:
You now lose out on the ability to prevent flinching. But really you only lose out if your a lead. Lucario resists two of the most common flinch moves, Fake out and iron head, and you don't see fake out alot in ou and Jirachi, the biggest user of iron head, is not gonna like taking a +1 close combat or even possibly a +3 one if you use sword dance.​

Dream World Ability: Flash Fire

Ability Characteristics:
Grants immunity to Fire-type moves and increases the power of Fire-type moves by 50% when hit by a Fire-type move.​

Pros:
No more having to wait till he's almost dead to gain a boost. With this new ability Typhlosion can switch in on any fire attack and get free boost. So that ability couple with Eruption gives Typhlosion some real fire power. Although he might not rise to ou, I can see him being like the heatran of uu. Definitely a pokemon you might wanna consider when forming you fire-grass-water core.​

Cons:
None really, his other ability Blaze is a risk taker. You need to have 1/3 health in order to use and when your that low you die easily. With this new ability you can just switch in on any fire attack and get that boost. No matter what your health percentage is.​

Dream World Ability: Multi-Scale

Ability Characteristics:
When this pokemon is at full hp, damage is lessened.

Pros;
To be perfectly honest, inner focus only helped dragonite when he is a lead taking on infernape or scarf-rachi. With this new ability, if he has full hp he can come in on attacks and take less damage and whats nice is that he has roost to recover his health back up and do it all over again. Plus he is dragon-typing so he has many resists to begin with. Expect to see him in use in the future

Cons:
None really like I said inner focus only help him really when he was a lead. With this he can come in any time, take a hit, roost off the damage and can leave and come back later.

I'm not understanding the point of mr. mime. Mr. Mime already has two other abilites that are of far better use, and the only thing it has to abuse is Hidden Power and Magical Leaf, especially when it already has grass knot and energy ball.

would Dragonite be able to have extremespeed AND multi-scale? And how about Primeape, i believe he will become a monster of a choice scarf. with his ability competitive spirit, he can boost his attack every time his stats are lowered. Close combat abuse?

Cool thread...just one tiny nitpick on venusaur:

With its speed doubled in the sun, Venusaur will be a serious ou threat. With access to sleep powder, sword dance, leech seed and synthesis, it can do many things. In the sun, it'll be the fastest subseeder.
I think Jumpluff still beats it in the speed department as it has chlorophyll as well and base 110 speed.

Dream World Ability: Water Absorb

Ability Characteristics

The ability is essentially self explanatory; rather than taking damage from Water attacks when switching in, the bearer of this ability will instead have up to 25% of its health restored.

Pros

Suicune has always been a staple pokemon on defensive teams thanks to its excellent 100/115/115 defenses and water typing. Sadly, its lack of Recovery has left it with little alternative to using ChestoRest or Rest and Sleep Talk to recover its health, a would-be issue if it didn't get Water Absorb. Suicune can now restore a quarter of its health when switching into water attacks, which are often very common in the metagame thanks to the offensive and defensive prowess of water-types.

Cons

While the benefits of Water Absorb far outweigh the negatives, Suicune does lose Pressure in the process. On such a defensive pokemon, it is often quite easy to drain the PP of powerful moves such as Stone Edge and Fire Blast while recovering off the damage. It now takes Suicune twice as long to do so.

Overall

Water Absorb is, overall, a superior choice on all Suicune. Defensive versions will appreciate the additional recovery from switching in (which can often mean taking an extra attack). Offensive versions will jump at the opportunity to recover damage lost to Stealth Rock, LO recoil, and attacks that are less easily absorbed thanks to a more offensive inclination. SubCune especially can potentially restore any and all health lost to the creation of Substitutes, which is always useful.

Cool thread...just one tiny nitpick on venusaur:

I think Jumpluff still beats it in the speed department as it has chlorophyll as well and base 110 speed.
would you really use jumpluff over venasaur? venasaur has great bulk, ability to absorb toxic spikes, and even though he might not be as fast as jumpluff, is still really, really fast.

*look at list*
*see no Water Absorb Suicune*
This list is now dildos.

Edit: You mention Flash Fire Entei, but you don't mention Flare Blitz?

Dildos. Dildos everywhere.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@IcyMan28: Crocune needs pressure to beat Vaporeon, so you might want to add that in the cons section.

@NitroMetalHead: Yes, I agree. Mr. Mime is only really useful because of Soundproof on Baton Pass teams.

EDIT: @DanielG: I added an extra line into Altaria's ability analysis. It's the last line in the cons section. There was also a grammar error in the last sentence of Lapras' pros section. It should read "It can also help with its stalling capabilities, although Lapras' overwhelming power after a few DDs overshadows the benefits of a status-free tank." I left out "benefits of".

I don't see how Vaporeon beats Water Absorb Suicune. If it's running Hidden Power [Electric], and no Toxic/Roar, Offensive Suicune runs circles around Vaporeon.

Edit: I apparently cannot read at all. However, if the Vaporeon is a Hydration Vaporeon instead of Water Absorb, CroCune can beat it (I think).

I see Primeape gets Competetive Spirit. According to Serebii, "As its Stats get lowered, it's Attack Rises."

Then the other translations we've seen make it seem as only opponents who lower his attack or so will cause it to rise.

If the first is true Close Combat causing it's attack to get stronger and stronger will be absolutely amazing for him.

Anyone test this yet?

I believe Arcanine also gets Justice Heart (it's listed on the big data list as having the same unnamed dreamworld ability as Absol, Lucario, and Gallade).

While Arcanine already has two very powerful abilities (Flash Fire and Intimidate), Justice Heart provides it both versatility and power.

Justice Heart beats out Flash Fire defensively as it gives him an immunity where he had a neutrality, rather than where he had a resistance.
It also beats out Flash Fire offensively on physical sets as it boosts his Attack rather than just the power of Fire Moves.

I see a lot of mistakes in the list, mainly spelling/grammar wise. Venusaur is not the fastest subseeder, Jumpluff is (it doesn't matter if Venusaur is better, being better overall doesn't boost its speed). I saw a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes towards the end, such as "gust heracross," putting spaces between a colon or question mark and the previous word, tons of grammar mistakes, and some others. For the one with Zapdos, you accidentally say at the end that both its abilities are offensive. You should fix that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)