Pokemon that benefit the most from Dream World (They see me Update'n,)

I see a lot of mistakes in the list, mainly spelling/grammar wise. Venusaur is not the fastest subseeder, Jumpluff is (it doesn't matter if Venusaur is better, being better overall doesn't boost its speed). I saw a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes towards the end, such as "gust heracross," putting spaces between a colon or question mark and the previous word, tons of grammar mistakes, and some others. For the one with Zapdos, you accidentally say at the end that both its abilities are offensive. You should fix that.
Do you understand what he is saying... Okay. Hop off his nuts and talk about pokemon.

I know much focus has been placed upon the other evolution of Poliwhirl, but how about Poliwrath? His ability Swift Swim makes him a fantastic belly drummer, being extremely fast. He has great typing and good enough defensive stats. pair him up with uxie and politoed for drizzle and dual screens, and maybe an offensive zapdos to abuse lightningrod

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I believe Arcanine also gets Justice Heart (it's listed on the big data list as having the same unnamed dreamworld ability as Absol, Lucario, and Gallade).

While Arcanine already has two very powerful abilities (Flash Fire and Intimidate), Justice Heart provides it both versatility and power.

Justice Heart beats out Flash Fire defensively as it gives him an immunity where he had a neutrality, rather than where he had a resistance.
It also beats out Flash Fire offensively on physical sets as it boosts his Attack rather than just the power of Fire Moves.
Arcanine generally runs a defensive set, so Intimidate is important on him. However, I do think that Justice Heart works better than Flash Fire on physical attacking sets.

I see what you did there, you put Heracross twice. Trying to make your post look bigger much.

Also, you should add Harvest Tropius/Exeggutor to your list.

Sturdy > Heatproof because it survives any attack, not just fire moves, and Fire moves might kill Forry anyway, what with its low SDef.
Sturdy only works if Forretress would be OHKOed, and still leaves it at just 1 HP. You never want that to happen, if it even could stay at 100% HP to activate it. Fireproof can protect it from any Fire-type move, including physical ones, making some of them much less of a threat.

I see a lot of mistakes in the list, mainly spelling/grammar wise. Venusaur is not the fastest subseeder, Jumpluff is (it doesn't matter if Venusaur is better, being better overall doesn't boost its speed). I saw a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes towards the end, such as "gust heracross," putting spaces between a colon or question mark and the previous word, tons of grammar mistakes, and some others. For the one with Zapdos, you accidentally say at the end that both its abilities are offensive. You should fix that.
I couldn't agree any more.

Nothing on Butterfree? Or any other Bug-type sans Heracross?

Oh well... I was hoping to see a Forretress with Heatproof...
When did forretress get heatproof? Last I checked, it got dust proof.

Wow, I see alot of potential in our new Grass Starter.

Jaroda + Perversity (Reverse the change to its stats) + Leaf Storm = PWN

Did Gamefreak just gave our grass snake the ability to spam 140 BP STAB move with a delicious +2 Spatk boost attached to it?

Scream OU instantly to me.

Btw, Jaroda learn leaf storm at level 6x.

Ok, Weavile with Wicked Thief sounds awesome, but I need confirmation, does it steal it if it attacks or if it gets attacked? It could make a great anti-lead if it could not only break sashes but steal them as well...

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wow, I see alot of potential in our new Grass Starter.

Jaroda + Perversity (Reverse the change to its stats) + Leaf Storm = PWN

Did Gamefreak just gave our grass snake the ability to spam 140 BP STAB move with a delicious +2 Spatk boost attached to it?

Scream OU instantly to me.

Btw, Jaroda learn leaf storm at level 6x.
This thread is for improvements to D/P pokemon only, not B/W pokemon.

@Yogi Bear.: I'll write the ability analysis immediately.

@NitroMetalhead: Yes, I'm also annoyed at the egregious spelling/grammar errors in the various analyses. We should definitely proofread this if we want to submit it to the Smog.

@Solstice: We don't know exactly how useful it will be, so we're not going to discuss it yet.

EDIT:

Guys, we can't use direct links to pictures from other sites. Their server load is already massive enough without us linking to them. Use an image hosting website like photobucket to host your pictures. DanielG, could you please change the links on my pictures from the arkeis links to these:
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx18/cosmicexplorer/lapras.png
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx18/cosmicexplorer/quagsire.png
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx18/cosmicexplorer/entei.png
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx18/cosmicexplorer/altaria.png
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx18/cosmicexplorer/lickilicky.png
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx18/cosmicexplorer/whiscash.png
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx18/cosmicexplorer/armaldo.png
Thanks, and please do the same everyone who contributed!

Also, change "Earthquake Spiral" to "Overconfidence" because that's the correct translation.

Ditto

http://smogon.com/dp/pokemon/ditto

Dream World Ability: Eccentric

Ability Characteristics:

When Ditto switches in, it automatically changes into the opponent's pokemon, with Ditto's HP.

Pros:
Equipped with a Choice Scarf, Ditto now makes an absolutely top-tier revenge killer. As it switches in, it copies the opponent's stats and stat changes. Since Ditto will have the same stats as the pokemon, and have a Choice Scarf, it will outspeed and KO the boosted sweeper with their own elevated stats. Ditto's new ability provides a great new way to revenge such dangerous sweepers as Overconfidence Gyarados and Speed Boost Blaziken.

Cons:
Ditto loses Limber, but that wasn't helping it much anyway. Eccentric simply allows it to use Transform (its only move) more quickly.

A massive error: Lightningrod does not grant an immunity to Electric-type moves, unless that changed between generations. It only makes all Electric moves hit the user, even if they would otherwise miss or hit their partner (as in, it's a NEGATIVE ability in single battles.)

Lightning Rod was in fact changed to not only grant Electric immunity but also raise special attack when hit with an electric attack.

A massive error: Lightningrod does not grant an immunity to Electric-type moves, unless that changed between generations. It only makes all Electric moves hit the user, even if they would otherwise miss or hit their partner (as in, it's a NEGATIVE ability in single battles.)
Yes, it changed. What do you think this whole fuss is about? Try considering things a bit before hurling around accusations that a large number of people are making a "massive error".

Were the details of Multi-scale for Dragonite discussed? At any rate I believe it will be more useful than Inner focus. In tandem with his special bulk he gets to worry a bit less about foe's shooting ice beam right off the bat.

Do you understand what he is saying... Okay. Hop off his nuts and talk about pokemon.
Thread Announcement!
NitroMetalHead and I will be turning this thread in as an Article in the future.
I'm not just gonna randomly go all Grammar Nazi for no reason. If I recall correctly, articles are supposed to have accurate information with good spelling and grammar.

well, long time lurker first time posting... but i guess that all the black & white fuss have gotten into me...

i just wanted to point a pokemon that isn't that obvious... since the ability he got isn't that fearsome. yet the pokemon itself it's incredible fearsome, and the previous ability he got wasn't helping him much on the offensive spectrum.

i'm speaking of Mewtwo, and his ability anxiety.

i mean.. i'm not an expert on uber metagame nor anything... but while reading lots of the sets here in smogon, I've seen that specially in ubers there are lots of pokemons which find a viable strategy to run an specific berry to patch their most crippling weakness... (like x4 ice weakness).

now you face a mewtwo... an incredible fast pokemon with godly spatk and a WIDE special movepool to back it up...

what you gonna do? pack a berry so you hope to resist that SE attack and hurt him? not an option anymore.

would this theoretically help a lot mewtwo being a lot more reliable while sweeping in ubers... and let's face it, we don't know who is gonna end in what tier. but i doubt mewtwo would get out of ubers. (plus he don't breeds so he doesn't care not being able to breed certain moves). also this help a lot to reliably statusing leads since they wont be able to use lum berry.

i mean .. yeah he didn't get an incredible useful ability like intimidate or lightingrod... but unlike let's say Houndoom (who also got anxiety) mewtwo is going to put this ability into a lot of use, and he only lose pressure, which is useless anyway on the offensive sets.

another theorymon who could see some rise in usage if 2v2 and 3v3 becomes more relevant could be telephaty gardevoir. since she have a lot of utility moves (adding this generation healing beam to act as an immediate cleric), some decent special bulk and a way to patch his physical bulk (reflect, since willowisp is an eggmove) and at the same time being completly immune to your own surfs, quakes or explosions.

for example you could team her up with a central calm mind suicune and maybe a "follow me" user which she could try to keep the most healed possible while suicune sets up for high damage surfs... also while supporting his teams with screens...

she looses trace which is a quite good ability, but not that useful on 2v2 or 3v3 since you don't choose which ability to trace.

also, just a quick question... who the hell learns simple beam? (the ability of the target is switched to "simple") seems like an awesome support move for 2v2 and 3v3 (in fact even if luvdisc learns it i bet that we would see suicide luvdiscs in order to gain a "simple" slaking or regigigas, or calminder or dragon dancer) ( I really hope that 3v3 grows a big competitive scene since it looks so fun :D)

Nidoking

Dream World Abiltiy: Encourage

Ability Characteristics: Encourage increases the attack power of moves with secondary effects by 50% but prevents said effects from occurring.

Pros: Nidoking has never quite been OU material. He has lackluster 92 attack and 85 special attack. Despite his large move pool, he just doesn't have the oomph needed to play with the big boys. Now that Encourage adds some power to his attacks, the king just might have what it takes.

Almost every move that Nidoking would use for his standard sets is powered by Encourage, giving them a STAB boost. All the important moves that receive a boost are as follows: Earth Power, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Ice Beam, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Thunder, Thunderbolt, and the three elemental punches. That's quite a resume. Notably, Sludge Bomb and Earth Power have a 202 BP and Poison Jab will have a 180 BP.

Cons: Most likely, a simple STAB boost won't be enough to help Nidoking. He has more problems besides low attack stats. At best Encourage will make Nidoking a premier UU wall breaker that gets bumped to BL, but even that is wishful thinking. More likely, he will solidify a place in upper UU usage as a mixed sweeper/wall breaker.

Alternate Abilities:You won't want to use them. Poison point is a terrible ability and why use the luck based Rivalry when you can have a guaranteed boost from Encourage. Encourage is the best thing that has happened to Nidoking since Psychics lost their throne of power in the second generation. And since it is possible that the wallbreaker of UU, Blaziken, might move up to OU, now is the perfect time for Nidoking to come in and steal find his niche.

He didn't ask for a spell check, were discussing abililties, i'm sure the TC will clean up the post for the smog or whatever.

Anyway, REGICE.

80/150/200 defensives in the hail
Double leftovers healing with ice body
100% accurate blizzard with a power boost

wow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)