Pokemon VGC 2010 DATES / rules announced for the US!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was looking at the rules again, and I noticed that there is still no sleep clause. Is this the case again? Because that means there is now access to both pokes that learn dark void.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, I was looking at the rules again, and I noticed that there is still no sleep clause. Is this the case again? Because that means there is now access to both pokes that learn dark void.
Yes and no.

There is still no sleep clause. But Darkrai is specifically banned, along with Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Shaymin, Phione, and Arceus.

I wish the rules would come out a little faster....
Does anyone remember when the 2009 vgc rules were announced? IIRC it was before platinum's release....

I wish the rules would come out a little faster....
Does anyone remember when the 2009 vgc rules were announced? IIRC it was before platinum's release....
It was about february, I think, definitely before Platinum was out in Europe but I think after it was out in the US. Heh, I still remember telling Shoe "OMG OMG WE SHOULD DO THIS!" as soon as the rules came out. I guess it paid off lol.

But yeah I wouldn't expect them until in a month or so, although anything could happen really. There might not even be a European one this time though that'd be horrible.

@Zog There will be definately one in Europe, I talked to Anthony Cornish about that at Worlds this year ;D
He also said there'll be maybe more than last time..

well this is my day off and im planning to get back into the VGC play. so far i have no idea in what team or even any bred pokemon.lol all i really would like to know if any videos from japan VGC (Uber Rules not 09 champ) have been posted on the internet or any battle codes?

@Zog There will be definately one in Europe, I talked to Anthony Cornish about that at Worlds this year ;D
He also said there'll be maybe more than last time..
Ace :D

More locations... if anything I think they'll expand to Italy and Spain (properly), but it'd be really nice if they had European regionals. If it ends up north and south in the UK that'd be great news for me. The only person from here I'm aware of who lives within 50 miles or so of me is Havak, so I should manage to do well. And then there are the obvious travel benefits.

Probably more. I imagine they'll respond to the fiasco at Philidelphia this year with a New York regional or something. It's not unreasonable I guess. I do hope they do away with the lottery system somehow though. Maybe if there are too many people, hand out a quiz or something and allow only people who got a certain score? Something to sort out the people who really care a lot from just random noobs who turned up and wouldn't get past the first round. Like the people with the Turtwig/Starly/Bidoof, lvl37 Leafeon, thunderbolt Rhyperior, etc. who just don't stand a chance at all.

andrea

/me cresselias
Umm...i started the facebook group. I just set up the days as a "Expect them between these days".

I will post info on the facebook group as soon as info becomes available to the public or when TPCi gives the green light to make info public.
What exactly is the facebook group called? I found it once but can't remember its name, lol =/

Anyways, I do hope there are more regional events this year. That would be excellent- letting a larger number of players compete.

I'd take a safe guess at no, but you never know. A few Canadian people crossed the border to compete in the more northerly regionals in the US, I think.
Thats what I did too. But didn't the rules say its for americans only. So even if I did win, i wouldnt have an american passport to go anywhere.

Thats what I did too. But didn't the rules say its for americans only. So even if I did win, i wouldnt have an american passport to go anywhere.
No, the only tournament that was Americans only was the JAA tournament in 2006. Canadians were completely eligible last year, and I believe in 2008 as well.

quick question.....why hasn't anyone started a thread discussing 2010 VCG teams and strategies? I realize that some teams are meant to be a surprise, and we do not know the official rules yet, but still......I think it would be a great place to talk just teams/natures/moves/ev's and you could post links to battles, stuff like that....just a thought

You can discuss strategies in this thread if you want, there's nothing stopping you. :p In fact, unless zerowing has a problem with it, once the rules are officially announced for the United States and Europe, I'll just change the title of this thread to pokemon tournament 2010 or something, like he did with his thread last year, and edit in the US rules and stops and all other necessary information. That way this thread would just transition into the official VGC thread for the 2010 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)