Ability:Chlorophyll
Nature:Timid
EV's: 252 Spd/252 Sp. Atk/6 HP
Moveset:
Sunnyday
Solarbeam
Sleep Powder
Explosion

use sleep powder, then sunnyday (ev's in spd w/ 31 IV make 229 spd + ability= 458) then sweep, then KABOOM!!

i don't know if this is original or creative, but here's an idea for jirachi:

jirachi @ wise glasses / leftovers
timid nature 252 speed, 252 Sp Att
-charge beam
-psychic
-grass knot
-HP ice

throw in shadow ball if you will. maybe there should be more defensive EV's as well. the concept is simple. serene grace + charge beam = 100% chance of raising sp att. worth a shot.

what about this-

Heracross@ Leftovers
Impish
252 hp, 100 atk, 152 def
Bulk Up
Megahorn
Close Combat
Stone Edge/Night Slash

ok, this is generally a Bulk Up Heracross- but here are some calcs, with 1 Bulk Up that is....

OK, Physical threats... ALL ARE CHOICE BAND + 252 Atk Ev's

Garchomp-
Outrage
(Choice Band) Damage: 57.14% - 67.31%
Fire Fang
Damage: 41.76% - 49.18%
Dragon Claw
Damage: 38.46% - 45.05%
Stone Edge
Damage: 31.87% - 37.64%
with CH- Damage: 95.05% - 112.09%

ok, so with garchomp he only Fears CBed Critical Hitting Stone Edges with 1 Bulk Up

Metagross-
Meteor Mash
Damage: 57.14% - 67.31%
Zen Headbutt
Damage: 78.85% - 92.86%
Now, a SE STAB CBed 252 ev'ed atk doesn't even OHKO this.... wow.
Thunder Punch
Damage: 24.73% - 29.12%

Medicham- CB, 252 atk
Psycho Cut-Damage: 61.81% - 72.53%
Fire Punch- Damage: 43.96% - 51.65%

Skarmory......Still owns him
Drill Peck
Damage: 111.54% - 131.04%
Brave Bird
Damage: 165.93% - 195.05%

anyone want to try CBSkarm?

Infernape

Flare Blitz....er this still owns it
Damage: 98.08% - 115.38%
Stone Edge
Damage: 27.47% - 32.14%
CH-Damage: 81.59% - 95.88%

Electrvire
T-Punch well.... Damage: 34.62% - 40.93%
Fire Punch Damage: 46.15% - 54.40%

Bronzong
Gyro Ball......lol Damage: 1.10% - 1.37%

Gyarados
Waterfall-Damage: 37.36% - 43.96%

Ok, so as you can see, My Heracross can take all of these hits with just 1 Bulk up. But, to get him in you need to switch into something that Hera beats, and Bulk Up on the Switch. And out of all the things I Checked, only CB Infernape, and CB Skarm really have a high chance of OHKOing him. But who runs those anyway? anyway, have fun with this I admit, the 2HKO's are not very fun, but the Bulk Up can give you the power to smack them pretty hard before you go down....

Owned by Firewater Corporations, created by firewater.
does anyone think this will work?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
@firewater

I used a similar set with Pinsir (Bulk Up/X-Scissor/Stone Edge/Close Combat), but I found that Close Combat was an absolute bitch. It effectively ruins half of your Bulk Up bonus, at which point you're asking yourself why the fuck you didn't use Swords Dance instead.

Heracross also doesn't have the Speed or the Sp.Def to be statting up without some sort of buffer, so Substitute or Salac Berry might be helpful to ensure that a faster opponent doesn't come out and revenge kill you.

ok, thanks though. I knew that it worked ok but the Close combats were counterproductive.

xBLUEx- That Exeggutor Set kind of doesn't work with the abuse of Sandstream, and the fact that Timid hurts your explosion's power

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i don't know if this is original or creative, but here's an idea for jirachi:

jirachi @ wise glasses / leftovers
timid nature 252 speed, 252 Sp Att
-charge beam
-psychic
-grass knot
-HP ice

throw in shadow ball if you will. maybe there should be more defensive EV's as well. the concept is simple. serene grace + charge beam = 100% chance of raising sp att. worth a shot.
That's actually 90% (99 with Wide Lens) due to Charge Beam's accuracy. I prefer the CMer personally but Jirachi can pull off a Charge Beam sweep rather well.

As long as we're talking about Jirachi sets,

Trick Room Fucker!
Jirachi @ Leftovers/Iron Ball
252 HP/252 SDef/6 Atk, (+SDef -Spd)
0 Speed
Curse
Zen Headbutt
Drain Punch/U-Turn
Trick Room/U-Turn

This Jirachi is designed to try and make use of Curse which it gets in Advance. Zen Headbutt/Drain Punch is a generally great combo, but you have to hide it or else Spiritomb will go "hi i gang rape you now". U-Turn fixes that (at the expense of all of your boosts), while Trick Room supports your team and lets you actually use Zen Headbutt's nifty flinch.

Machamp@Expert Belt
Brave, 252 attack, 252 hp, 6 special attack
No guard
-Dynamic Punch
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Fire Blast

I've never seen a Machamp run Fire Blast before, not sure why not. It can 2hko Skarmory and OHKO Forry, two of the most common physical walls. Tangrowth is 2hkoed by it also. Bronzong is 3hkoed but Dynamic Punch seems to work better here usually (Aside from Bronzong NOT being the guy to leave him in on). My main concern is his speed, which was sad to begin with. I use him on Shoddy and walls never seem to be his problem.

i dunno how creative or useful this might be but its not really what ppl expect so there's some sense of surprise i guess.

Dragonite @ leftovers
206 hp, 252 def, 52 s.def
Careful
Inner Focus

Moveset:
-Outrage
-Roar
-Roost
-Thunderwave

Basically this is to spread paralysis through out your opponents team. Roar them away n roost when hp is low. Draggy can stand up to most physical attacks barring ice ones. But the most threatening ice attacks are special and it would be wise to switch then to tank. The def is maxed out as 4th gen is so physically orientated. but the defenses can be tweaked to suit the team. i use this in conjuction with a Skarmory that runs spikes/SR/Roost/Whirlwind. So skarm leads with the spike/sr setup n Draggy comes in to paralyse n switch. After racking up some passive damage, Daraggy can outrage and kill off normally one weakened pokemon. Den i finish off with chomp n gross who have an easy time picking off weakened n paralysed opponents. All looks nice on paper but many things will screw it over. But its a small novelty.

I was thinking of posting a mixed Kingdra I thought I invented that I used on a Rain Dance team, I realized that it works great in ubers with Kyogre, but then I realized it's almost exactly the same as the one in the analysis. >.>

Anyways, here's this.

Hitmonchan @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
228 Att / 176 Def / 104 HP
Adamant Nature
- Subsitute
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Punch

Switch in in on something that says "SHIT, it's a Hitmontop!", then Sub while they turn to a Physical wall. Bulk Up while they try to break your Sub. After a couple Bulk Ups it's especially hard for them to break it. Then you sweep with dual priority moves in Mach Punch and Bullet Punch, boosted by Iron Fist. It's best used if you have a Gyarados counter, who walls this completely.

Yeah, it's a Physical Raikou with priority moves instead of great speed. I don't know how creative this is per'se, but it's not in the analysis.

And while we're at it, why not add a couple of mixed Blazikens?

Blaziken @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
252 SpAtt / 196 Spd / 56 Att
Rash Nature
- Solarbeam
- Overheat / Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Sky Uppercut

It's used with Sash Ninjask support. Ninjask leads, Sunny Days turn 1 and hangs on with Focus Sash, then Baton Passes to Blaziken. Life Orb for more power, or Focus Sash if you're paranoid that he'll die when you send him in. Blaziken is now at +1 Speed with Sun up. So what advantage does Blaziken have over other Sunny-Beamers? Sky Uppercut. If a Tyranitar comes in to ruin your fun with Sandstream, punch it in the gut. If Blissey tries to wall you (like that'll ever happen), ram her with your 120 Base Attack. Hidden Power Ice ensures that you aren't walled by Dragon-types, namely Salamence, and also has the added advantage of doing a ton to Gliscor. I believe Overheat has a shot of OHKO'ing Hippowdon, but Fire Blast is more reliable. If you don't want to use this with Ninjask, simply replace HP Ice with Sunny Day. You lose some coverage though.

Onto set 2!

Blaziken @ Life Orb
252 Spd / 84 spAtt / 172 Att
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Sky Uppercut
- Overheat

Basically a reverse mixed Infernape. Swords Dance, then try to sweep. If an annoying Skarmory or Tangrowth or any other generic wall like Weezing tries to get in your way, Overheat willl make them think twice.

Yeah much doubt that Cresselia or Skarmory will fear a Hitmontop setting up on them too much.

And as for first Blaziken set, you pretty much described a non NP Infernape.

And as for second Blaziken set, wasn't that Rock move over Stone Edge and it's ADV standard?

ok, thanks though. I knew that it worked ok but the Close combats were counterproductive.

xBLUEx- That Exeggutor Set kind of doesn't work with the abuse of Sandstream, and the fact that Timid hurts your explosion's power
AHEM koff brick break koff koff

I'm sure the power loss will not be too bad, especially after Bulk up. You dont want to lower your boosted def, right?

I was thinking of posting a mixed Kingdra I thought I invented that I used on a Rain Dance team, I realized that it works great in ubers with Kyogre, but then I realized it's almost exactly the same as the one in the analysis. >.>

Anyways, here's this.

Hitmonchan @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
228 Att / 176 Def / 104 HP
Adamant Nature
- Subsitute
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Punch

Switch in in on something that says "SHIT, it's a Hitmontop!", then Sub while they turn to a Physical wall. Bulk Up while they try to break your Sub. After a couple Bulk Ups it's especially hard for them to break it. Then you sweep with dual priority moves in Mach Punch and Bullet Punch, boosted by Iron Fist. It's best used if you have a Gyarados counter, who walls this completely.

Yeah, it's a Physical Raikou with priority moves instead of great speed. I don't know how creative this is per'se, but it's not in the analysis.

And while we're at it, why not add a couple of mixed Blazikens?

Blaziken @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
252 SpAtt / 196 Spd / 56 Att
Rash Nature
- Solarbeam
- Overheat / Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Sky Uppercut

It's used with Sash Ninjask support. Ninjask leads, Sunny Days turn 1 and hangs on with Focus Sash, then Baton Passes to Blaziken. Life Orb for more power, or Focus Sash if you're paranoid that he'll die when you send him in. Blaziken is now at +1 Speed with Sun up. So what advantage does Blaziken have over other Sunny-Beamers? Sky Uppercut. If a Tyranitar comes in to ruin your fun with Sandstream, punch it in the gut. If Blissey tries to wall you (like that'll ever happen), ram her with your 120 Base Attack. Hidden Power Ice ensures that you aren't walled by Dragon-types, namely Salamence, and also has the added advantage of doing a ton to Gliscor. I believe Overheat has a shot of OHKO'ing Hippowdon, but Fire Blast is more reliable. If you don't want to use this with Ninjask, simply replace HP Ice with Sunny Day. You lose some coverage though.

Onto set 2!

Blaziken @ Life Orb
252 Spd / 84 spAtt / 172 Att
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Sky Uppercut
- Overheat

Basically a reverse mixed Infernape. Swords Dance, then try to sweep. If an annoying Skarmory or Tangrowth or any other generic wall like Weezing tries to get in your way, Overheat willl make them think twice.

Bullet Punch are bullshit when you already takes out Ice/Rock that you already can do with Mach Punch.

Dunno if this has been done before but here's a fun little set with frosslass

Filrtlass@focus sash
timid
Evs: 252 sp.atk 252 speed 6 hp
taunt
ice beam
thunderbolt/thunder wave
destiny bond

taunt something you predict using a non attacking move then hit them with boltbeam or thunder wave if you want to support your team better then destiny bond when finished.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Spiritomb (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 244 HP/120 Def/8 Spd/136 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spite
- Rest
- Protect
- Hypnosis/Toxic/WoW

Use with Toxic Spikes. Once cycle of Protect+Spite means that Salamence can't Draco Meteor anymore. Protect also allows you to stall while your opponent is constantly losing HP. Spite cuts 6 PP if they attack you (5 if they don't), so Protect+Spite kills EQ in 2 cycles as well. Rest once you've taken some damage. Pick a Status. You can burn that Chomp or that Tar before TSpikes are set, or WoW Skarm so that it is forced to Roost at some point. Forretress and Metagross aren't much of a pain either once they're WoWd. You can Toxic shit like Cress and Togekiss which won't be hurt by TSpikes. Or you can put something to sleep with Hypnosis.
I posted this around 10 pages back. No comments back then. Any comments now?

Here's a mixed Lucario set I thought up on the way to school, and I'm breeding to try it out. It really likes to be BP'd an Agility since it isn't very fast.

Mild(+Sp.A, -Def) @Life Orb
208 Atk/252 Sp.A/48 Spd
-Close Combat
-Aura Sphere
-Bullet Punch
-Hidden Power [Ice]/Dark Pulse

I minimized EVs in Speed to boost CC's damage, while still outrunning Adamant Tyranitar and Impish Gliscor. Without speed, it needs a priority attack. Bullet Punch could be a nice surprise to a ghost switch-in, expecting a fighting attack, and also hits bugs neutrally if they're weakened. With Stealth Rock damage, it also OHKOs Weavile and Frosslass. If it does get an Agility, it will outrun ScarfChomp. HP Ice will finish him (and other dragons) quickly. Dark Pulse hits ghosts and psychics better than the other attacks.

Hm, I was still using my Fire Blast Groudons against the E4 in Advance, was that really the standard? It's not the analysis.

And yes, it is just Infernape without Nasty Plot, but it's not in the analysis, and is never really discussed as an option for Blaziken.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
what about
magnezone@leftovers
modest
252sp.attck/84 speed/the rest in deffences]
hp water
sub
mag rise
charge beam

it can trap/kill zong if zong dosent hypnotise it on the swich, and set up a few boosts with charge beam wale its at it

I posted this around 10 pages back. No comments back then. Any comments now?
It's in the analysis. Bidoof.

what about
magnezone@leftovers
modest
hp water
sub
mag rise
charge beam

it can trap/kill zong if zong dosent hypnotise it on the swich, and set up a few boosts with charge beam wale its at it
1) What is HP Water for specifically?
2) After you kill Bronzong as you should do if he doesn't just explode in your face to spite you and get all these boosts, what's to stop some random fighting or fire move from forcing you out?

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's in the analysis. Bidoof.

2) After you kill Bronzong as you should do if he doesn't just explode in your face to spite you and get all these boosts, what's to stop some random fighting or fire move from forcing you out?
The move Spite, yes, but not that particular set. It plays kind of differently. Its based on cycles of Protect and Spite.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
what about
magnezone@leftovers
modest
hp water
sub
mag rise
charge beam

1) HP water is for 1koing the random fire types (after a few boosts) while still hurting (often 1koing) ttar, rhyperior, bulky grounds. i tryed HP grass and ice for a while but i kept on geting forced out by infernape so i swiched to water.
2) make sure that before you kill bronzong you have a sub up and that magnet rise has a few turns left, many users of fire/ fighting moves arequite fragile and will fall to a boosted charge beam/hp water while they outspeed you and break your sub, then if they have another fast fight/fire you wll have to swich out but then you will have killed 2 pokemon

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Spd / 184 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
Yes I have this in my RMT thread. Toxic beats up the usual counters for Heatran, while Taunt is there to prevent stuff from resting away the Toxic. Should a Steel type come in, they'll eat a STAB Flamethrower. Tentacruels and opposing Heatrans will eat Earth Power. This is my "Obi" Bliss counter as well. CMBliss hates facing this too. Enough speed to outspeed Cress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)