Post new creative movesets/EV spreads here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually stone edge isn't original only difference your set has is Rash and IMO Naive would do better as Sala needs that extra speed very much.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Im currently breeding for this:

Blaziken @ Choice scarf/Life orb
Rash/Naive
-Stone edge
-Sky uppercut
-Overheat
-HP Eleectric/Ice/Grass

From a convo me and Anti had on saturday. We figured Blaziken needed way more credit than it has so we created MixKen.

Houndoom @Power Herb
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 SpAtt, 4 HP
Nature: Timid
Ability: Early Bird
~Solarbeam
~Thief
~Overheat
~Pursuit/Dark Pulse/Crunch

The idea is a Power Herb one turn Solarbeam to counter a number of Pokemon that might come in on Houndoom. After using Power Herb, Houndoom with base 95 speed, can Thief away an item.. a Leftovers, or Choice Item, to cripple another Pokemon.

Overheat is obvious, and a hit & run move. Pursuit/Dark Pulse is a choice of prediction. If you wanted to run Naïve nature, you could also have Crunch, thus staying in and having an attack after Overheat is used. Very situational though.

Check it

Mamoswine
move1: Ice Shard
move2: EQ
move3: Stone Edge/Ice Fang
move4: Endure
nature: Adamant
item: Salac Berry
Evs: 96HP,252ATK,154Speed

This set surprises a lot of people thinking Swine is another slow EQer but with a salac under his belt he outruns the 115 crowd. Maybe I should max speed to outrun weevile, though I don't know if he would, and weevile has iceshard too so it doesnt matter much there, swine aint gonna beat him... o well I like this set

Before I went to bed last night I had a game with someone, in which my mismagius sealed a victory by Subbing up and calm minding (similur to the luna jynx) then, while I was sitting in my bed, I thought up a moveset similar to that, but attacking on the oppiset end o' da spectrum

Pokemon:Heracross
name: Lunacross
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Bulk up
move 3: Megahorn
move 4: Focus punch
item: Leftovers, to keep the subs going
ability: Guts actually isn't nessicary here since your behind a sub, so Swarm (gasp) could be an option :O
natures: Jolly, Adamant, maybe even impish if you like bulky subs
evs: ordered in hp/6 atk/252 spd/252

I love these kind of sets involveing sub and boosts, They just own. I supose that swords dance is an option over bulk up, but a defense boost to somehow in hell let you survive an arial ace is just so sweet. I chose focus punch over Close combat as The defense drops defeat the whole stratigy. obviuosly though weezing and gliscor wall this, but gliscor, unless your using some Nautral gift attack with an ice berry Always walls Hera, And weezing, although rare nowerdays can also haze and tourch his ass, Flamethrower style. Thoughts? Support? Help? Flame? Rape?

Also I chose that Crystal cross since it looks as though it is bulking up.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Im currently breeding for this:

Blaziken @ Choice scarf/Life orb
Rash/Naive
-Stone edge
-Sky uppercut
-Overheat
-HP Eleectric/Ice/Grass

From a convo me and Anti had on saturday. We figured Blaziken needed way more credit than it has so we created MixKen.
Obligatory "Infernape still does it better" comment. Really, the only reasons to use Blaziken over Infernape is EndRev, which doesn't work well on it thanks to the popularity of Sandstream, and Baton Pass.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Obligatory "Infernape still does it better" comment. Really, the only reasons to use Blaziken over Infernape is EndRev, which doesn't work well on it thanks to the popularity of Sandstream, and Baton Pass.
True that, but for some respect I prefer Blaziken. Maybe this could be for UU/BL?

It seems like having a thread for clever movesets is good in all ways but one: people typically get less feedback.

I like EvilMario's Houndoom. It looks like it could be a lot of fun to use.

But I'm posting because I want to make a neat 2v2 duo. According to Smogon's move descriptions, Rage raises your attack once for each time you are hit after using it. So what if you did something like...

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Speed
Jolly-- Scrappy
-Rage
-Return
-EQ
-Sucker Punch
(anything with Rage that's not weak to ice works)

Cloyster @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed
Timid-- Skill Link
-Icicle Spear
-Surf
-Toxic Spikes/Spikes [Filler]
-Screech [Filler]

This is kind of a silly gimmick, but with Skill Link, Cloyster will up Kanga's attack 5 times, and with that speed its not likely that anything will attack between them. Also, a 0 attack IV will minimize the damage done to Kanga (I don't have a calculation, because Metalkid's doesn't do multiple hits, but I think it would do between 10 and 15%) Hopefully both foes don't kill the lovely kangaroo before it has a chance to do damage, but this could be a nice situational UU/BL sweep.

It seems like having a thread for clever movesets is good in all ways but one: people typically get less feedback.

I like EvilMario's Houndoom. It looks like it could be a lot of fun to use.

But I'm posting because I want to make a neat 2v2 duo. According to Smogon's move descriptions, Rage raises your attack once for each time you are hit after using it. So what if you did something like...

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Speed
Jolly-- Scrappy
-Rage
-Return
-EQ
-Sucker Punch
(anything with Rage that's not weak to ice works)

Cloyster @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed
Timid-- Skill Link
-Icicle Spear
-Surf
-Toxic Spikes/Spikes [Filler]
-Screech [Filler]

This is kind of a silly gimmick, but with Skill Link, Cloyster will up Kanga's attack 5 times, and with that speed its not likely that anything will attack between them. Also, a 0 attack IV will minimize the damage done to Kanga (I don't have a calculation, because Metalkid's doesn't do multiple hits, but I think it would do between 10 and 15%) Hopefully both foes don't kill the lovely kangaroo before it has a chance to do damage, but this could be a nice situational UU/BL sweep.
was this designed for double battleS?

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Emu said:
But I'm posting because I want to make a neat 2v2 duo.
Anyways...

Zapdos @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 216 Atk / 152 Spd / 140 SAtk
Alternate EV set: 216 Atk / 40 Spd / 252 SAtk
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
Drill Peck
Thunderbolt/Thunder
Hidden Power: Grass
Roost/Rest/Protect/Thunder Wave

Yeah, this old set, but because of Life Orb it's hits are now much harder than before. A very powerful steady damage dealer that can easily take advantage of spikes/stealth rock better than most pokes. Leftovers still works, but overall the damage is better than the recovery. Of course, Roost is the best filler for the last move. Rest is great with Aroma/Heal Bell, Protect can scout moves, T-wave is simply filler but might come in handy. You won't use the last move as much. Substitute is viable if you're using leftovers, though.

The EV set was made for RS (can't be bothered to recalculate =\), where Drill Peck would 2HKO most Celebi. With Life Orb, maybe a little less would suffice, but such a high amount means you'll be dishing out a lot of damage towards Blissey. Thunder with Life Orb is massive damage to Snorlax (a 3HKO, I think, but I'm not sure), but most people prefer thunderbolt.

The key to playing this Zapdos well is to play slowly, dishing out high damage until the time is right and Blissey/Snorlax falls. GSC vets, you know what I'm talking about. =D

was this designed for double battleS?
Yes.

Anyways I like the Heracross set a few posts up. Just need to see how many Bulk-ups it needs to survive Flying attacks from Gliscor, Skarm, etcetera.

Well, I like my 3 Drifblims I came up with a while back:

"Driftblim @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Unburden
Nature: Modest
Evs: 228 Sp.ATK / 128 DEF / 24 Sp.DEF / 128 Speed
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hypnosis

The basic idea of this set is easy to understand. Put something to sleep, Calm Mind up as much as possible, and hope luck is somewhat on your side.
If all goes well, Petaya Berry + Unburden will kick in.
This will take your Sp.ATK to atleast 450 and your speed to 456 (enough to outspeed Adamant CScarf Garchomp).
From there, sweep away.

Driftblim @ Petaya Berry
Evs: 228 Sp.ATK / 24 DEF / 128 Sp.DEF / 128 Speed
- Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hypnosis

Much like the first set, but with the DEF and Sp.DEF Evs swapped.
Why? Because of Will-O-Wisp.
This is the Double-Status version of Drifblim.
Calm Mind + Thunderbolt were replaced with the much less powerful (but potentially deadlier) Charge Beam.
Hypnosis + WoW allow you to attempt to Charge Beam up further.

Driftblim @ Chesto Berry
Evs: 228 Sp.ATK / 128 DEF / 24 Sp.DEF / 128 Speed
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Rest

Much like the first set, however in exchange for Hypnosis, you get Rest + Chesto Berry. Although this variant will not allow you to CM up via Hypnosis, a well timed Rest (leading to Unburden's activation) may be all you need to assure victory."

I like using Drift as my sleep absorber with Chesto Berry, thus activiating Unburden. Then I have double status (Hypnosis, Will-O-Wisp), Shadowball and Explosion.

I know it seems like a bit of a waste for what could be a great Baton Passer, but he really screws with teams quite often.

I know it seems like a bit of a waste for what could be a great Baton Passer, but he really screws with teams quite often.
Well, that's particularly why I like it.
People expect it to be a standard BPer; then all of a sudden, you have a sweeper that can easilly sport a Sp.ATK stat of 600 (Base + CM + Petaya)...

I would love to see the face of my opponent when he's been swept by a Drifblim; I imagine it being something like: :chaos:.

Blaziken Hasty @ Focus Sash
Counterken
-Counter
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Reversal
-Night Slash/HP Grass

Counter Earthquakes or strong physical atks, Survive with the sash and Reversal away. Blaze Flamethrower or Fire Blast rapes Skarmory and Night Slash hits ghosts or Hp Grass to hurt Swampy who walls you pretty bad.

Needs Evs though.

Pokemon: Swampert
name: Swamp-boah
move 1: Surf
move 2: Ice Beam
move 3: Focus Punch
move 4: Substitute
item: Leftovers
ability: Torrent
nature: Quiet
evs: 252 hp/6 def/252 sp atk

I haven't actually tried this, but it might work. Swampert has the potential to be an effective Tyraniah-boah impersonator with 101 hp subs, a good special attacking combonation in Ice Beam/Surf, and solid defenses. The fact that he gets STAB on EQ is what makes this set a lot less useful, though.

Empoleon @ Choice Scarf
Name: CSEmpoleon (creative name I know)
EVs: 252 speed, 252 sp atk, 4 HP
Timid
-HP electric
-Hydro Pump
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam

Yeah, blah blah generic choice scarfer. But I've used it and it works great and surprises alot of people. It's mainly used as a revenge killer and not much more. Hydro Pump>Surf because it needs to KO more things when it doesn't have a +sp atk nature. If I'm correct it can outrun all 110+ base speed pokemon (including plus speed nature)
HP electric is mainly for Gyarados, but could be subsituted with Flash Cannon if you can't get it, or if you're afraid of Regice lol

I suppose you could run Modest on this set if you want extra power, but you won't be able to outrun Jolly Garchomps. You'll only be able to outrun up to 100 base speed pokemon with plus speed nature.

And to the person that posted the Garchomp set I'm glad someone's noticed Garchomp's defensive capabilities.

"Lil' Blasty"

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Bold
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Roar
- Protect/Surf/Rapid Spin

212 HP / 116 DEF / 178 SDEF

I don't know how original this is, and I'm sure this isn't the first Counter/Coat set for him to be devised, but all I've seen listed for the big turtle so far are utility/tank sets. Or maybe I just need to "lurk moar".

Strategy is simple: Counter/Coat any attacks sent his way and roar away any stat boosters or subbers. Protect is there if you suck at predicting, but is also useful for stalling for Leftovers recovery (though SS and Hail screw him out of any). Surf (or any other attacking move really, he has piss-poor attack stats anyway) if you don't like the idea of him not being able to attack. Rapid Spin is really only there if you lack a spinner on your team to begin with.

the EV spread suggested gives him 352 HP and 291 in both defenses. The EVs can be tweaked according to what your team is lacking, as well as the nature. I prefer more balanced stats, so he's a bit more versatile in terms of what kind of attacks he can take and return.

Bring him in on something you know is going to wail on him, and wail on them back. He just loves throwing Thunderbolts back in their users faces, often for a OHKO. I have yet to be hit by a Thunder/bolt that has killed him in one hit, barring a few, unsavory critical hits.

I've used this set and similar EV spreads on NetBattle, Shoddy, and on my in-game team for quite some time. I lack any real numbers or calculations, as I'm teh sux at that sort of thing. However, from what I have seen and tested myself, he functions fairly well in the OU environment, compared to his other sets. Just keep him away from shit like CBHeracross or Specsmence. You know, be smart. He's tough, but he's probably not going to be taking Choice'd CC or Draco Meteors too well. He's not a fan status conditions either, although paralysis will just screw him out of a few attacks, as counter/coat goes last anyways.

Well there you have it, comment/flame away.

Pokemon: Weavile
name: Lead SD Weavile
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Ice Shard
move 3: Pursuit
move 4: Brick Break
item: Focus Sash
nature: Jolly/ Hasty/ Naive
evs: 6 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spd

Tacitcs:
In the lead environment, it's like a gunslinger showdown. You need either a fast draw or a lackey hiding in a barrel.
This Focus Sash is your man in the barrel. Swords Dance on the first turn and you'll already put pressure on your opponent.

Ice Shard makes sure those with Choice Scarf won't touch him. It can also be used as a last-ditch damage dealer when you've been cornered by something you can't kill when your Focus Sash is expended.

Pursuit is a necessity. Those attempting to flee (Blissey, Gengar) shall be cut down by a STAB Dark attack
backed by 678 ATK (after SD boost).
Brick Break is here for reasons I shouldn't have to explain.

Final Thoughts:
Also, Counter can be an option to replace any of the attack moves (preferably Brick Break) as it goes nice with the Sash.
This set was made with the idea in mind that Weavile should not have to hold a Choice Scarf just to beat CS Garchomp or anything else that happens to counter Weavile just when they happen to hold a Choice Scarf.

And EvilMario, I like that Houndoom. I've seen other people think of Power Herb but never Thief on the same Houndoom after the Herb's been used. And actually, if that's right, you could theoretically do that for this Weavile too once Focus Sash is used.
That's not a bad idea.

Kabutops @ i really dont know.
adamant
252 attack 128 def 128 speed rest in hp
swift swim
night slash
stone edge
waterfall
rain dance (or swords dance if you have another pokemon that knows this.)
its a good dragon counter with stone edge, since it will be outspeeding all of them and earthquake wont be able to touch him.

Aren't half these movesets in the D/P Analysis threads? Anyway..

Flareon @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
252 Speed/252 Sp. Atk./Timid

Fire Spin
Baton Pass
Overheat
Sunny Day

Okay, Flareon sucks, but at least you can use Fire Spin as a poor man's Baton Pass against an unsuspecting opponent, which is almost as dandy as Mean Look. The other two moves assume that Flareon sucks, which it does.

Aren't half these movesets in the D/P Analysis threads? Anyway..

Flareon @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
252 Speed/252 Sp. Atk./Timid

Fire Spin
Baton Pass
Overheat
Sunny Day

Okay, Flareon sucks, but at least you can use Fire Spin as a poor man's Baton Pass against an unsuspecting opponent, which is almost as dandy as Mean Look. The other two moves assume that Flareon sucks, which it does.
Seeing as Flareon's base 65 speed isn't going to do a lot for its survivability, or ability to baton pass, why not take advantage of its good special defense by making it bulky?

How about this as a utility Pokemon?

Flareon @ Pessho Berry (lessen damage taken from super effective water attacks)
Flash Fire
252 SpDef/252 SpAtk/4hp Calm

Fire Spin
Baton Pass
Overheat
Yawn/Will-O-Wisp/Wish

And instead of Life Orb, use a Passho Berry to lessen Water attacks. In theory (har har) you'd hope to have bulky water switch into you while you Fire Spin. You may then Yawn to for a pseudo Umbreon Yawn-Passing type set. Your obvious problem here is that Fire Spin might break after two turns. Will-O-Wisp is an obvious handy tool for taking care of physical sweepers that switch in(as you'll be switching out if an EQ is coming regardless), and Wish passing depending on team needs.

I don't think Flareon should be the one setting up Sunny Day on a team. He'd be better suited if Sunny Day was already in effect when he comes into play, thus making him even bulkier to waters.

Just my thoughts! Poor Flareon. Here's hoping for Fire Blitz move tutor in the third game of this generation, or even Flame Body ability would be 'neat'..

I like using Drift as my sleep absorber with Chesto Berry, thus activiating Unburden. Then I have double status (Hypnosis, Will-O-Wisp), Shadowball and Explosion.
wow, that's really clever.. that would be perfect against all the hypnosis'ing gengars and yanmegas.. would the unburden make drift faster than gengar?

My friend has a similar strategy.

Lum Berry + Syncronize Espeon == Hypnosis/Spore counter.

Too Bad Breloom has toxic orb to block status >_> I guess if they spore before the toxic orb activates, you've got em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)