Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

Thank you Nightmare 13 and chiizu. I'm actually trying to RNG in an area with no NPC, because I know they alter the PID frame. I will try to search for a IV frame of 1. I would try to breed shiny eggs, but again, most of the guides are for RNG reporter. Maybe I'll use that once and try to adapt for PPRNG. In terms of checking the PID I'm guessing that I will have to use the standard seed inspector, and just search for the parameters that match the first wild pokemon as Nightmare13 suggested, then reset and hit the seed again. One final thing is, how do we tell the esv for a given caught pokemon
I can help you out if you want tips on breeding using PPRNG. Just send me a PM.

You can check your ESVs here: http://eggmove.com/encounterblack.html

Just got myself shiny perfect solosis and dw gligar. Thanks so much for making this program! I dig the interface and didn't really have any trouble figuring out what I was doing, between this and the gen v breeding thread. So awesome. Thanks again, chiizu!

Hi. I've finally got the hang of this, but I have one question.

How do I interpret the gender tab? Like if it says M/F/F/F, I know that it depends on the gender ratio of the poke hatching, but what order is it in?

Thanks!

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Just got myself shiny perfect solosis and dw gligar. Thanks so much for making this program! I dig the interface and didn't really have any trouble figuring out what I was doing, between this and the gen v breeding thread. So awesome. Thanks again, chiizu!
Hey, thanks for the nice feedback.

Hi. I've finally got the hang of this, but I have one question.

How do I interpret the gender tab? Like if it says M/F/F/F, I know that it depends on the gender ratio of the poke hatching, but what order is it in?

Thanks!
It's listed in the order of increasing female gender ratio (12.5/25/50/75 % female). In your example, a 12.5% female gender ratio pokemon (any starter, for example) would be male, while all other gender ratios would be female.

I'm thinking of changing the gender column to have the title "♀?" and display values like "≥¼", as this would not take up as much space, but I'm not sure it would be any clearer than what's there now (which takes up a bunch of space is not obvious as to its meaning anyway).

First off, I'd like to say that I love your program. It's much easier to use than RNG reporter in my opinion (I also only have limited access to Windows computers).
I am however, having trouble finding my initial PID frame when I'm trying to capture or breed shinies. Does this program have a function similar to RNG Reporter's "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" button, or will that be included in a future release?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
First off, I'd like to say that I love your program. It's much easier to use than RNG reporter in my opinion (I also only have limited access to Windows computers).
I am however, having trouble finding my initial PID frame when I'm trying to capture or breed shinies. Does this program have a function similar to RNG Reporter's "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" button, or will that be included in a future release?
No, it doesn't have that function, and at the moment I'm not planning to implement it (maybe later) because in the majority of the cases (especially breeding) you anyway have to calibrate your starting PID frame because of NPC movements. Your starting PID frame is going to be in the range 40-60, and most likely 45-55. Add some number of frames taken by NPC movements, and you know where to start looking.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I finally found time to sit down and rng, and finally had some success. However, I have a breeding question. If you aren't breeding for a shiny, do you ignore the PID frame and just use the IV frame? Thanks!

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
So I finally found time to sit down and rng, and finally had some success. However, I have a breeding question. If you aren't breeding for a shiny, do you ignore the PID frame and just use the IV frame? Thanks!
You could do it that way, but because the PID frame also controls inheritance, you won't necessarily get the IVs that you want on the egg (unless both parents have the same IVs as the egg IVs you want).

Alternatively, you can uncheck the shiny check box in the Egg Seed Searcher and use one of the many non-shiny results that come out. If you go this route, you should limit the search to a single date because there will be a lot of non-shiny results.

Can anyone help me out on PPRNG? I am trying to transition between RNG Reporter to this, but it's somewhat confusing reading all of these RNG Reporter guides and then trying to implement them to PPRNG. And it goes for my cousin, too.
Help..?

I've been failing at trying to RNG a flawless Tornadus/Thundurus. I have a couple of questions.

1. From the time you exit the house and encounter the genie does your IV frames move at all? I know that the PID frames do.
2. With this program is it possible to find a certain nature W/OUT it being shiny?

Here are the parameters I used
MAC: 00-1B-7A-60-CB-86
Timer0: C7B-C7B
VCount: 60
Vframe: 60
Black (English)

This is what seeds I've been getting. I've tried a few and didn't quite get it to work. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I've also been referencing this guide
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3560233&postcount=7824

Thank you!

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Can anyone help me out on PPRNG? I am trying to transition between RNG Reporter to this, but it's somewhat confusing reading all of these RNG Reporter guides and then trying to implement them to PPRNG. And it goes for my cousin, too.
Help..?
PPRNG uses the same general terminology as RNG Reporter, it just lays the GUI out differently (better, in my opinion, of course).

PPRNG requires a one time configuration setup, described in the second post of this thread. After that, the general usage scenario is:

1. Open a Seed Searcher
2. Enter the search parameters
3. Run the search
4. Look through the results and find one that you like
5. Double-click on that result to open that seed in Seed Inspector
6. Look at whichever tab is appropriate for what you're doing (PID frames, egg frames, etc.)
7. RNG abuse
8. If you missed your target, use the appropriate tab in the Seed Inspector (most likely the Adjacents tab) to find what you hit. Goto step 8.
9. Enjoy your RNGed Pokemon.

I've been failing at trying to RNG a flawless Tornadus/Thundurus. I have a couple of questions.

1. From the time you exit the house and encounter the genie does your IV frames move at all? I know that the PID frames do.
This has nothing to do with PPRNG and has been answered numerous times in the Gen 5 PRNG help thread, but the answer is no. If you are saved right in front of the door, your step counter should not advance at all.

2. With this program is it possible to find a certain nature W/OUT it being shiny?
Double-click on a result row to look at the seed in the Seed Inspector. Look at the PID frames in the first tab.

Here are the parameters I used
MAC: 00-1B-7A-60-CB-86
Timer0: C7B-C7B
VCount: 60
Vframe: 60
Black (English)

This is what seeds I've been getting. I've tried a few and didn't quite get it to work. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I've also been referencing this guide
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3560233&postcount=7824

Thank you!
You only list one Timer0 value. It is quite likely that you hit your other Timer0 value (which will be either C7A or C7C - i.e. one less or one more than your known value).

Is there a way to calculate the PIDRNG for gift pokémon?
I have a sudden need of magikarp vendor shiny magikarp… I assume the "gift" pokémon can be shiny, don't know if that's true to begin with

and pprng's gui is a mess, I tried using it and decided to stick with this instead hehe

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Is there a way to calculate the PIDRNG for gift pokémon?
I have a sudden need of magikarp vendor shiny magikarp… I assume the "gift" pokémon can be shiny, don't know if that's true to begin with
I guess you're talking about searching for shiny gift frames in the Seed Searcher? It's something I need to add (real life is rather busy these days). At the moment it only searches for wild shinies directly, and only half of those will be shiny when used for gift pokemon. You can find out if it's shiny for gifts by double-clicking on a given result to open it in the Seed Inspector and then changing the encounter type to gift and generating the list of PID frames.

and pprng's gui is a mess, I tried using it and decided to stick with this instead hehe
I'm just going to assume you meant to say that RNG Reporter's GUI is a mess, because otherwise you're in the wrong thread...

I guess you're talking about searching for shiny gift frames in the Seed Searcher? It's something I need to add (real life is rather busy these days). At the moment it only searches for wild shinies directly, and only half of those will be shiny when used for gift pokemon. You can find out if it's shiny for gifts by double-clicking on a given result to open it in the Seed Inspector and then changing the encounter type to gift and generating the list of PID frames.

I'm just going to assume you meant to say that RNG Reporter's GUI is a mess, because otherwise you're in the wrong thread...
That's fine, take your time
I'll do what you said then
And yeah, sorry, I did mean rng reporter. PPRNG is very clean and understandable, thank you very much hehe

i've recently attempted fishing encounters, and i have a few questions:

1) what does the PID generally start on? (ex. eggs start around 40-50)
2) does the PID advance if I don't get a bite the first time?

I've chosen a frame of 1, PID frame of 577, and I've selected "fishing encounter," but I never get consistent PID results ...

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
i've recently attempted fishing encounters, and i have a few questions:

1) what does the PID generally start on? (ex. eggs start around 40-50)
2) does the PID advance if I don't get a bite the first time?

I've chosen a frame of 1, PID frame of 577, and I've selected "fishing encounter," but I never get consistent PID results ...
Your questions are general RNG questions, and you're likely to get more useful answers to those in the Gen 5 PRNG help thread.

That said, the PID frame will start in the same frame range as it always does, which is 40-60. Not getting a nibble will advance the PID frame, though I'm not sure at the moment the exact number of advances (at least one for the nibble test, maybe more).

You'll have to define what you mean when you say you "never get consistent PID results.". You'd be better off trying for a lower numbered PID frame (maybe non-shiny) if this is your first time doing fishing abuse to save yourself some pain.

Does PPRNG predict the outcome of a bridge shadow correctly? I'm having some issues with it.

Seed is CA4D0A8A5200C561. My results were basically:
0. Resist Wing
1. Health Wing
2. Muscle Wing
3. Swanna Lv. 49, Female, Calm nat.; Keen Eye. Mischievous.
Confirmed I hit my seed with where the shadow appeared. No NPCs at Marvelous Bridge, so there's no unrecorded advances.

I looked through the first ten or so frames and was confused as to which one I had hit, since there was no Item/Item/Item/Calm sequence. Checking Swanna's PID gave me 7B78E631, which is on 65... though 62-64 are listed as Pokemon.
Using 62 as my starting frame, I tried to hit 229, for a shiny Swanna (listed as having a Pokemon), instead it gave me a Genius Wing.

Not sure what's going on there...

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Does PPRNG predict the outcome of a bridge shadow correctly? I'm having some issues with it.
Unfortunately, the answer is no. When I implemented it, I made it the same as the swirling dust spots. It was since determined that the bridge shadows are a bit different than the swirling dust (20% chance to encounter a Pokemon vs. the 40% chance with swirling dust - so if it says there's an item, there should be an item, but if it says there's a Pokemon, it might be wrong).

It's another thing on the growing list of stuff to fix once I actually have the time to update the program.

Hey thanks Chiizu for making this program. I've had quite a bit of success with it and the egg searcher is awesome. Now Im trying to get into 4th gen RNGing especially because I have some legandaries to capture after finishing a playthrough of Platinum. Bearing in mind that I haven't finished reading all of Smogon's 4th gen guides (still working on that), can you explain what the captions left of Hidden Power mean (they're abbreviated)?

[/IMG]

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Hey thanks Chiizu for making this program. I've had quite a bit of success with it and the egg searcher is awesome. Now Im trying to get into 4th gen RNGing especially because I have some legandaries to capture after finishing a playthrough of Platinum. Bearing in mind that I haven't finished reading all of Smogon's 4th gen guides (still working on that), can you explain what the captions left of Hidden Power mean (they're abbreviated)?
I'm not sure why they're getting cut off, other than that you maybe have a different default font chosen than I do (there goes my perfectly laid out screen!), but I'm assuming you mean 'to the right' instead of 'to the left'. Those are the frame numbers that will allow you to hit that IV / PID combo on the various Gen 4 frame types (Method 1, Method J, Method J with Sync, Method J with Sync that failed, Method K, Method K with Sync, Method K with Sync that failed).

Regardless, PPRNG currently doesn't have a Seed Inspector for Gen 4, so you won't be able to get the time information you need in order to hit the seed. I'd recommend Wichu's Gen 4 apps, which are quite nice and do a great job of unmotivating me to finish the Gen 4 stuff in PPRNG. ;-)

Regardless, PPRNG currently doesn't have a Seed Inspector for Gen 4, so you won't be able to get the time information you need in order to hit the seed. I'd recommend Wichu's Gen 4 apps, which are quite nice and do a great job of unmotivating me to finish the Gen 4 stuff in PPRNG. ;-)
I just upgraded to snow leopard and am now trying to use PokeRNG. I was trying to use RNGreporter 8.31 earlier but PokeRNG is a lot more easy to use. Other than the fact tham I'm not finding any good shiny flawless spreads I think I'm ready to try it.

Hi, I've just started my attempts at RNG abuse. How consistent is the starting PID frame? I can hit my seed in the proper IV frame just fine (I'm sticking with 1 for now), but just when I thought I knew my PID frame began at 47...well, not so much. If the PID varies, under what circumstances does it change? Is there any rhyme or reason? Or does it vary for each seed, whereupon I must always do trial runs? I'm guessing the latter.

And is there any possibility of someday having a search parameter with which to limit the ESV values? If the seed search is limited to a smaller number of slots, that'll presumably decrease the number of hits significantly.

Kudos on this wonderful program. :D

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Hi, I've just started my attempts at RNG abuse. How consistent is the starting PID frame? I can hit my seed in the proper IV frame just fine (I'm sticking with 1 for now), but just when I thought I knew my PID frame began at 47...well, not so much. If the PID varies, under what circumstances does it change? Is there any rhyme or reason? Or does it vary for each seed, whereupon I must always do trial runs? I'm guessing the latter.
The starting PID frame varies depending on the seed. Also, if there are NPCs in the area (for example, at the daycare), they will also advance the PID frame.

And is there any possibility of someday having a search parameter with which to limit the ESV values? If the seed search is limited to a smaller number of slots, that'll presumably decrease the number of hits significantly.
I'm not sure if I will add an ESV value filter or not, because it won't improve the search time at all (search is done by IVs first, then PID-frame related conditions). You can always click the column header to sort on the ESV, which should make it simple to find the ESV you're looking for, though right now it doesn't re-sort each time a new result is found, so you will need to wait until the search is done or re-sort periodically.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is there literally no way to RNG 4th gen on pprng?
Regardless, PPRNG currently doesn't have a Seed Inspector for Gen 4, so you won't be able to get the time information you need in order to hit the seed.
Do people literally not even read back 5 posts?

You are welcome to take the seeds found in the Gen 4 seed searcher and work out the dates and times yourself. The technique is not hard and you could find it with some Googling.

At this point I can't make any promises about whether any more Gen 4 stuff will be included. I have almost no free time to work on PPRNG at the moment, and when I do it will be Gen 5 stuff first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)