EVs: 232 HP/152 Def/124 SpD
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
0 Speed IVs
Mischievous Heart

- Perish Song
- Mean Look
- Protect / Roost
- Substitute

Basically, if you can get both the Perish Song and the Mean Look off, it's a guaranteed kill, because both Protect and Substitute have priority. Roost is also an option over Protect since Murkrow can easily Roost off his weaknesses for a turn, and he has 319/237/249 Defenses with this spread, which is pretty bulky (I got the spread from X-Act's defense EV optimizer), so there's a good chance that he'll last enough time to full off a successful Perish Trap. I used absolute minimum Speed because I saw Lee's post about how he did the same with Erufuun to lessen Gyro Ball damage. That seems pretty useful since it means Nattorei will be in quite a pickle if he comes up against you. Plus you really don't need the Speed unless you're facing other Mischievous Heart users, who most likely aren't investing in Speed either.

Of course, if you're afraid of accidentally trapping stuff like Tyranitar, Confuse Ray is an option over Sub.

The EV spread probably isn't the best since I didn't specialize toward anything, but it seems like an awesome concept, especially against Stall teams.
A taunt can counter this easily right?

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, it is possible to run Taunt over Substitute since Murkrow gets Priority Taunt as well, but then you'd have to be a bit more careful about what you use Murkrow against. Honestly though, I don't seem to see very many Taunters outside of the lead position, so it doesn't seem to be such a huge issue.

Murkrow can be EVed to take a lot of abuse though with the Evolution Stone, ie. with 252 HP/28 Def/228 SpD Sassy, he's never 2HKOed by Starmie's LO Surf and can just use priority Roost to have a nice profit of health from Thunderbolt and Ice Beam. Therefore, going with just Roost and Taunt on the Perish Trapper might work. You'd definitely have to be a bit more careful against physical attackers with that spread though, since he still only has 190 Defense. Ironically, with the Evolution Stone, Murkrow's basically the bulkiest of all of MH users depending on his EV spread.

Mischievous Heart is easily the most broken ability gamefreak has made in a while IMO it turns several mons from mere annoyances to actual threats.

MH is def not broken, it just makes support pokemon not get crushed by the raw power of this generations pokemon.

Mischievous Heart is easily the most broken ability gamefreak has made in a while IMO it turns several mons from mere annoyances to actual threats.
I seriously love MH. Works really well and annoying in Doubles and Triples.

Erufuun used Cotton Guard.
Defense raise by 3 stages.
Aerodactyl used Aerial Ace.
Haa- not even half health damage done!

exactly my point. Now if erufuun didn't have that ability he would of got crushed by aerodactyl or anything faster.

I don't think they would make it so that this ability only gave the use the priority. What if aerodactyl uses taunt on erufuun, and vice versa?

MH is so gamebreaking. I put Magic Coat on my Deoxys-S just to stop Erufuun and other MH pokes. Erufuun should have been a dual screener. Imagine a dual screener with priority on status moves and Taunt.

Does Leperadusu's Assist get the priority boost from MH?
If it does, Leperadusu can theoretically have every move (can be summoned by Assist) with a +1 priority.

Is it possible to abuse entry hazards with Whirlwind summoned by MH-boosted Assist?

If it does, Leperadusu can theoretically have every move (can be summoned by Assist) with a +1 priority.

Is it possible to abuse entry hazards with Whirlwind summoned by MH-boosted Assist?
Yeah, but you have to keep in mind that it's frail and Extremespeed has +2 priority.

BurningMan

fueled by beer

No it isn't possible since Assist can't call Whirlwind/Roar/Dragon Tail.

You have two errors assist can call whirlwind and roar. The reason why it can't call dragon tail is it dose dmg. if you could id run assist lipard choice scarf with dragon tail and stall them out. They did that to prvent this abuse. I have tested this too

The one time I've seen use for Assist is calling V-Create from Victini. There was an entire team with this and the only move able to be called was V-Create. Weavile, Liepard, Ninetales, Victini, Wobbufett, and Infernape. Most Pokemon had less than four moves. Tales had only protect. And I lost.

The one time I've seen use for Assist is calling V-Create from Victini. There was an entire team with this and the only move able to be called was V-Create. Weavile, Liepard, Ninetales, Victini, Wobbufett, and Infernape. Most Pokemon had less than four moves. Tales had only protect. And I lost.
I guess you stick Thief, Dig etc. on such a team as well. I assume there was a Flash Fire counter in there too.

Dig's no good, it can be Assisted. You can try to use Wobbuffet to deal with Heatran, or Mirror Move/Copycat/Mimic/Me First its Earth Power. Oh, or you could Trick/Switcheroo Heatran the Bullseye item (what's it called now?)

It makes it Perfectly Balanced, son. because of it, Mew, Wobbles, SR, and deoxys-S are not as bad as they used to be.

It makes it Perfectly Balanced, son. because of it, Mew, Wobbles, SR, and deoxys-S are not as bad as they used to be.
While it's completely true that Prankster is not at all broken and only helps to balance the metagame, it's false to say it makes any difference against Wobbuffet. Wobbuffet has some high points, but Speed is not one of them.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Have any female murkrows with prankster been released?? If so, you could get a murkrow with prankster and whirlwind. Then, all you have to do is get some entry hazards up and just spam whirlwind.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Have any female murkrows with prankster been released?? If so, you could get a murkrow with prankster and whirlwind. Then, all you have to do is get some entry hazards up and just spam whirlwind.
As a matter of fact I sent over a female DW Murkrow earlier this evening, so I can confirm it exists.

edit: oh, and you can't really "spam Whirlwind" because Whirlwind's priority by default is -6. Add to that +1 from Prankster and you get a whopping -5. Sounds nice in theory, though, and I'm sure it would have been swiftly banned!

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
As a matter of fact I sent over a female DW Murkrow earlier this evening, so I can confirm it exists.

edit: oh, and you can't really "spam Whirlwind" because Whirlwind's priority by default is -6. Add to that +1 from Prankster and you get a whopping -5. Sounds nice in theory, though, and I'm sure it would have been swiftly banned!
Nevermind. I got a little confused. I was thinking of a Prankster+assist+dragon tail combo I've seen a liepard use.

Well assist doesn't pull up dragon tail so that wouldn't work either. Someone tested that and put that result in the research thread.

Assist does call Priority Roar/Whirlwind it doesn't make them -5 priority, the Hazzard + Assist teams are gimmicky but actually really powerful (and with no priority rapid spin you don't even need a spin blocker)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)