Samurott @ Lum Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Megahorn

This is the standard SD Samurott, however, it says either Life Orb or Leftovers, and while it does mention Lum Berry, it mentions it slightly. Lum Berry has a couple of distinct advantages over LO and Leftovers.
1. Torrent
Lum Berry is the best item to abuse Torrent and Samurott bulk. If Leftovers are used, you slowly gain HP and knock yourself out of Torrent range. However, with a LO you have the most power, but you eventually die due to LO recoil. Lum Berry allows you to sit comfortably in Torrent Range, spamming Torrent Boosted (assumingly) +2 Aqua Jet / Waterfalls.
2. Setting up
There are so many things you can set-up on using Lum over Lefties or LO. It allows you to set up on anything trying to burn you (Gardevoir, Misdreavous, Drifblim, ect) and then attack them with a +2 attack. This also includes things that want to TWave you or even Toxic you. It also allows you to hit a grass-type pokemon as they try to Sleep Powder/Spore. It also allows you to switch in on predicted status moves (example: Specs Eggy Sleep Powder) and fire off powerful moves.
3. Bluffing the Choice
This is a minor point, since Choiced Samurott is rare, but what else do you expect when Samurott kills something and you don't see Lefties or Life Orb. This could be beneficial to a set-up

I'm not sure if it warranted posting this, but Lum Berry opens up some opportunities to set-up.

Wormadam-S @ Lum Berry
Trait: Anticipation
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Signal Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

Ok I know this is very similar to the set that's on site, but thats not a big deal becuase this isn't only an underrated set, but an underrated pokemon overall.

The obvious main premise of this set is to set stealth rocks rather easily, do to having a large amount of resistances, and great bulk. Though that's not the reason it should be used, arguably, this set/pokemon counters exeggutor amazingly (except specs eggy if it runs Hidden Power Fire though I cant say i've ever seen it, and if you can predict a psychic or leaf storm, you are fine(also anticipation tells you which Hp he is running anyways.))

252SpAtk Choice Specs Exeggutor (+SAtk) Leaf Storm vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Wormadam (+SpDef): 20% - 24% (67 - 80 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Exeggutor (+SAtk) Psychic vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Wormadam (+SpDef): 26% - 31% (87 - 103 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Exeggutor (+SAtk) Hidden Power (Ice) vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Wormadam (+SpDef): 13% - 16% (45 - 54 HP). Guaranteed 8HKO.

0SpAtk Wormadam (Neutral) Signal Beam vs 4HP/0SpDef Exeggutor (Neutral): 102% - 122% (340 - 408 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

due to having only one weakness, and being a steel type, wormadam also does well against opposing toxic stallers like alomomola.

idk is anyone else thinks its that great but i have fun with it and i have had a great deal of success with wormy.

Vileplume (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

Offensive Vileplume is a force to be reckoned with. Akin to Venusaur last generation Vileplume uses her exceptional special attack a long with great dual-stabs to demlolish many offensive Pokemon. Braviary, Magmortar and the like are crippled if they come in on Sludge Bomb. Giga Drain lets you beat all the ground types in the meta. Sleep Powder cripples just about everything and Synthesis lets you heal on predicted switches if you need to keep Vileplume alive.

The EVs are specific, enough speed to outrun max speed marowaks, only 32 HP evs to drop LO recoil by one( you hit 299 hp) and the last four in defense to tank fighting types a bit better. Max Special attack for more oomph

Lum Berry is a great item for Samurott. IMO it's the best option for it because it beats Missy, Weezing and has a decent chance of winning against Alomomola too. It cannot OHKO Tangela which Life Orb allows it to do but it's worth it imo because Tangela can be handled by other things on the team. Lum Berry also prevents random Effect Spore activating too which is added insurance against Vileplume and Amoonguss.

Vileplume is definitely a terror, but it just needs a bit more speed to be a top tier mon.

I'll be trying that Lum Berry Samurott later today.

@DTC on second look I noticed that Lampent is using Flame Body over Flash Fire?

Rampardos @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 Spd / 16 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Head Smash

I hadn't looked into Rampardos until he showed up in Research Week, but when he did I decided that I wanted to try play around with some stuff. Basically, CB Rampardos is the scariest thing ever. If you aren't coming in on a resisted hit, it's a safe bet that you're getting O/2HKOed. Even standard Tangela risks a large chance of 2HKO after SR (Stone Edge: 42.21 - 49.7% ; 87.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock). With 240 Speed EVs it outpaces Adamant Torterra, Modest Gorebyss, and basically every defensive Pokemon of the tier (bar I guess Golbat, but he's practically nonexistent, and can't switch on on Rampy for his life), which isn't too shabby. The moveset, for the most part, is rather standard, since Quake-Edge coverage is already fine, with Zen Headbutt there to ruin Fighting-type switch-ins. However, something I found really interesting was Head Smash. Sure, Fire Punch did originally seem somewhat appealing in it's ability to hit Torterra, as well as hit Tangela reliably, but then I looked into how hard Head Smash hits. It is almost offensive. Physically Defensive Quagsire takes 48.73 - 57.61% from this thing. That's almost a guaranteed 2HKO one of the better physical walls on a resisted hit after SR. Though this does manage to practically KO Rampardos in the process, it puts the opponent in a situation where he / she basically has to fodder a Pokemon, because if he / she doesn't, two of his / her Pokemon have just lost a huge chunk of life, and given you switch advantage. Unfortunately, Rampardos is still pretty frail, though slow Volt Switch's / U-Turn's / Baton Passes all help alleviate this to a degree (I prefer Eelektross and Musharna myself).

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Those type of comments are really vague >.>

If you mean you get outsped and killed against a lot of offensive teams, go say that to CB Emboar. It has enough bulk to take a resisted hit or two, and always OHKO back. If you mean that you get OHKOed by those physical walls like tangela and quag, you don't switch into physical walls: you switch into something that is slower + gets OHKOed, and 2HKO those 'counters' on the switch. Well, to be frank, CB Rampardos is not exactly innovative, Head Smash isn't exactly a 'twist' nor is Rampardos underestimated (it's been getting a lot of hype recently as an early SR denier, whether it deserves its hype or not is a different story, perhaps,) so I'm not exactly sure what it's doing here, either...

You seem to not understand how Head Smash works, as one Head Smash against Quagsire provides a 197 HP recoil, about 59% of Rampardos' total HP. Thusly, as stated prior, the second Head Smash kills him (unless you let him take quite a bit of prior damage), and puts the opponent in the checkmate situation. So yeah, I'm not sure why that comment was necessary.

edit: ninja'd on that point, but I haven't really seen any other sets particularly similar, so I felt it was a slightly different approach to him if anything. Plus, stopping early-game SR as a whole has been receiving massive hype, so everything with Mold Breaker or Bullet Seed has been receiving some sort of hype as of late .-.

Those type of comments are really vague >.>

If you mean you get outsped and killed against a lot of offensive teams, go say that to CB Emboar. It has enough bulk to take a resisted hit or two, and always OHKO back. If you mean that you get OHKOed by those physical walls like tangela and quag, you don't switch into physical walls: you switch into something that is slower + gets OHKOed, and 2HKO those 'counters' on the switch. Well, to be frank, CB Rampardos is not exactly innovative, Head Smash isn't exactly a 'twist' nor is Rampardos underestimated (it's been getting a lot of hype recently as an early SR denier, whether it deserves its hype or not is a different story, perhaps,) so I'm not exactly sure what it's doing here, either...
Why would I say that to CB Emboar? I'm talking about Rampardos which gets killed by anything with an attack.

As far as switching into walls goes....the whole point is it can't ever come in on anything. It's awful.

It can come in(after a KO/slow switch) on a handful of mons and even when that comes, you still have to play the usual CB prediction games because Rampardos is so frail that stuff like Gurdurr can just come into any of it's attacks and punch it and KO it. Yeah, fantastic, it 2HKOs Gurdurr, but again you can't 2HKO when you are dead.

Secondly, I don't get why people ever think that 1 for 1 mons are ever good....

Use stuff like Braviary instead which actually has speed and can rip through a whole team and not just a randomly slow mon with no priority.

No one with half a mind is going to let you 2HKO a good wall like Tangela when they are already aware of the damage.....and can actually send it in right after and RK the stupid Rampardos becuase it's OHKO'd by stuff like Giga Drain.

The main point Im making, you know a mon isn't very good when it can be revenge killed by walls.

If you want some silly one for one trade off wallbreaker just use a freaking Perish Trapper....it's actually less situational.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Why would I say that to CB Emboar? I'm talking about Rampardos which gets killed by anything with an attack.

As far as switching into walls goes....the whole point is it can't ever come in on anything. It's awful.

It can come in(after a KO/slow switch) on a handful of mons and even when that comes, you still have to play the usual CB prediction games because Rampardos is so frail that stuff like Gurdurr can just come into any of it's attacks and punch it and KO it. Yeah, fantastic, it 2HKOs Gurdurr, but again you can't 2HKO when you are dead.

Secondly, I don't get why people ever think that 1 for 1 mons are ever good....

Use stuff like Braviary instead which actually has speed and can rip through a whole team and not just a randomly slow mon with no priority.

No one with half a mind is going to let you 2HKO a good wall like Tangela when they are already aware of the damage.....and can actually send it in right after and RK the stupid Rampardos becuase it's OHKO'd by stuff like Giga Drain.

The main point Im making, you know a mon isn't very good when it can be revenge killed by walls.

If you want some silly one for one trade off wallbreaker just use a freaking Perish Trapper....it's actually less situational.
Have you ever even used CB Rampardos before? It literally has a guaranteed kill if you switch it in on something like Lickilicky. You simply cannot switch something else in like you can against CB Emboar or Braviary because even bulky resists like Golem are 2HKO'ed. Rampardos also cannot be revenged by walls because most of them don't run over 200 speed. On another note, you are underestimating Rampardos' longevity. It can often Head Smash something like Tangela to death and still have enough HP to fire off one or two more attacks thanks to its base 97 HP.

@ The Reptile, the Lum Berry Samurott is a beast. You are right about the Torrent range, it has saved my ass countless times, setting up on a move that puts me in Torrent range, and the status immunity is very helpful.

Have you ever even used CB Rampardos before? It literally has a guaranteed kill if you switch it in on something like Lickilicky. You simply cannot switch something else in like you can against CB Emboar or Braviary because even bulky resists like Golem are 2HKO'ed. Rampardos also cannot be revenged by walls because most of them don't run over 200 speed. On another note, you are underestimating Rampardos' longevity. It can often Head Smash something like Tangela to death and still have enough HP to fire off one or two more attacks thanks to its base 97 HP.
Golem can switch into Rock Head and proceed to Sucker Punch, Rampardos will die after recoil.

Secondly, I fail to see how things like Tangela and Quagsire can't RK when Rampardos fails to OHKO either and they can OHKO back with their uninvested STAB. Not to mention, physically defensive Lickilicky can simply Protect and scout it's move.

Also Gurdurr as stated, can switch into Head Smash and KO next turn. Seismitoad takes a Head Smash and KO's the next turn as well. Rock Polish variants of Torterra or Lead variants of Torterra can easily take one and KO the next turn.

Not to mention these are just standard options, if this thing was actually any good, which it isn't and people have tried it before...there are several mons that could runs EVs or moves to stop it.

And the fact that it has to KO itself or come close to KOing itself just to take down one of the handful of mons it can actually come into is pretty underwhelming.

Wormadam-S @ Lum Berry
Trait: Anticipation
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Signal Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

Ok I know this is very similar to the set that's on site, but thats not a big deal becuase this isn't only an underrated set, but an underrated pokemon overall.

The obvious main premise of this set is to set stealth rocks rather easily, do to having a large amount of resistances, and great bulk. Though that's not the reason it should be used, arguably, this set/pokemon counters exeggutor amazingly (except specs eggy if it runs Hidden Power Fire though I cant say i've ever seen it, and if you can predict a psychic or leaf storm, you are fine(also anticipation tells you which Hp he is running anyways.))

252SpAtk Choice Specs Exeggutor (+SAtk) Leaf Storm vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Wormadam (+SpDef): 20% - 24% (67 - 80 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Exeggutor (+SAtk) Psychic vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Wormadam (+SpDef): 26% - 31% (87 - 103 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
252SpAtk Choice Specs Exeggutor (+SAtk) Hidden Power (Ice) vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Wormadam (+SpDef): 13% - 16% (45 - 54 HP). Guaranteed 8HKO.

0SpAtk Wormadam (Neutral) Signal Beam vs 4HP/0SpDef Exeggutor (Neutral): 102% - 122% (340 - 408 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

due to having only one weakness, and being a steel type, wormadam also does well against opposing toxic stallers like alomomola.

idk is anyone else thinks its that great but i have fun with it and i have had a great deal of success with wormy.
Gonna second this little guy right here, but I use leftovers instead of Lum. You can't be poisoned which is argueably the most detrimental status to Wormy so I rather have the extra 6% at the end of each turn.

Gonna second this little guy right here, but I use leftovers instead of Lum. You can't be poisoned which is argueably the most detrimental status to Wormy so I rather have the extra 6% at the end of each turn.
Oh, yeah I would run lefties too I just grabbed this from an importable of one of my teams from PO. Yeah lefties are better, the only reason (I can think of) that i would have used Lum is to take sleep powder I suppose. but yeah lefties are better.

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...

Kangaskhan @leftovers
Ability: Early Bird
EV's: 200 Hp, 56 Att, 252 Sp.D
Nature: Careful
-Body Slam
-Roar
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

If you've played against me in the last two weeks, you've probably witnessed the pain this kangaskhan can be. I made this set a while ago, it's in my last RMT and I thought I could put it here since he's good individually too. I've been making many teams since that RMT and I kept this guy in every single one of them for a good reason, he is simply awesome. While it's always a pain to block every physical threat even with 2 dedicated walls, Kangaskhan can let go of his usual “normal hitter that hits ghost” reputation to become a near flawless special wall and status absorber. With only one weakness to fighting, Kangaskhan isn't 2HKO'ed by nearly any unboosted special hits that aren't the very unreliable Focus blast. Only Life orb Magmortar and Glaceon can 2HKO from a stab move without being specs locked (Blizzard and Fire blast don't have perfect accuracy either) (pikachu and clamperl can probably 2HKO too but... yeah). It's near impossible to set up on kanga thanks to roar and he can recover both damage and status through rest.

Like I said in my RMT it works pretty much like Munchlax in RU but with less bulk and resistances (thick fat) in exchange of half the sleep turns (early bird) and something that can actually be called speed. Body slam hits reasonably hard for a wall and has good chances to paralyze, a status kangaskhan can abuse. Everything that is slower than kangaskhan either naturally or with paralysis is prone to the sleep talk roar combo which can phaze and do SR damage before the opponent hit's an attack. Half the sleep turns means Kanga can completely heal up every 2 turns while still being threatening with sleep talk.

Many people have pointed out what seems to be a weakness to ghost and the fact sleep talk's moveslot could be used on more coverage since he only sleeps one turn anyway. This kangaskhan is weak to ghosts, but not in NU. Haunter, misdreavus and Frilish can't do anything more to kangaskhan than he can do to them so they just end up phazed for additional SR damage (set up is phazed, damage and status are healed and even pain split can be predicted to your advantage) only taunt will force a switch. Acroblim is the only set to hit kanga hard but takes even more from SR damage and loses unburden on the switch. Finally, just like the very rare banette, a physical wall that creates a dual defensive core with kanga can usually counter physical drifblim. Sleep talk is also essential for the combo with roar and to be more than a rest sitting duck on things that 3HKO him.

Two final notices on Lickilicky and the EV spread:
Lickilicky may seem to do a similar job with better bulk, ghost hitting and team support with the wish, protect, heal bell and dragon tail set, but I personally prefer Kangaskhan for the following reasons: Chances of paralyzing, sleep talk roar combo, arguably better healing, better damage from body slam, full accuracy phazing, sleep absorber (heal bell while sleeping isn’t too awesome) and most of all phazing through subs (dragon tail is so weak it often means a free sub and another free set up turn on the switch which is disastrous).
The EV spread can be changed to full HP investment but you can still die against life orb magmortar and specs gardevoir since they probably run focus blast anyway. (200Hp EVs also bring Kanga to 401 Hp for lefties and seismic toss).

Good luck walling Exeggutor then who will proceed to spam Sleep Powder and eventually KO your ass.

Magcargo @Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid
EVs: HP 16 / SpAtk 252 / Speed 240
-Shell Smash
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power (grass)
-Earth Power
It's the on-site set, but incredibly overlooked by many. The major turn-offs by Magcargo is it's half-ass speed and x4 weakness to water and ground. Just switch in on a Normal Type choiced physical attacker, set up Shell Smash on the switch, hit any water or ground switching in with hidden power, and watch flames fly. Magcargo has great defense, so even after a Shell Smash, he can take a hit and grab a boost while he's at it too. Air balloon allows it to switch in on more than resisted physical moves.

Golem can switch into Rock Head and proceed to Sucker Punch, Rampardos will die after recoil.

Secondly, I fail to see how things like Tangela and Quagsire can't RK when Rampardos fails to OHKO either and they can OHKO back with their uninvested STAB. Not to mention, physically defensive Lickilicky can simply Protect and scout it's move.

Also Gurdurr as stated, can switch into Head Smash and KO next turn. Seismitoad takes a Head Smash and KO's the next turn as well. Rock Polish variants of Torterra or Lead variants of Torterra can easily take one and KO the next turn.

Not to mention these are just standard options, if this thing was actually any good, which it isn't and people have tried it before...there are several mons that could runs EVs or moves to stop it.

And the fact that it has to KO itself or come close to KOing itself just to take down one of the handful of mons it can actually come into is pretty underwhelming.
You arent getting the point. It isnt here to switch into a wall, it just cant be walled. It's more to bring in on something you can force out/ weak enough to KO and start smashing away. Sure, if you take this thing straight into quaggy / tangela / golem it will die. But thats not what it's for. Chill out, idk if rampardos did something to you, but you obviously have something against it. It isnt that hard to refute an opinion without sounding like a total dick. Just be open..

Sweet Jesus

Ok third post here and this set is pretty fascinating I must say. I don't want to take the credit for it since I saw someone using it on the pokémon online server and decided to use it (but I don't remember his alt). Still I added my own little spicy touch into it with encore and wide lens. Be warned it's extremely gimmicky but should be worth checking out and maybe building a team around (kind of like shedinja). Here it is: the sweeping bunny.

Lopunny @ Wide Lens
Ability: Limber
EV's : 120 Hp, 136 Def, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Agility
-Circle throw
-Copycat
-Encore

This set requires a certain set up but can become completely unstoppable. Loppuny must be sure to outspeed everything, either by killing everything that's faster or by using agility. Once ultimate speed is acquired, use circle throw, since it's got negative priority you will attack last. Finally proceed to spam copycat and phaze with no negative priority and a blazing speed.

Once everything is up there are only 2 things to stop him: ghosts whom are immune to circle throw and priority moves that mess up copycat. Encore helps beat certain threats such as anything with protect, magic coat, snatch, etc. (use encore the turn after protect then restart the process), it can also empty sucker punch pp and counter muk if he goes for shadow sneak just to ruin copycat (proceed like with protect situations). Encore can also help loppuny gain a free turn to set up or use circle throw without receiving a hit. Wide Lens means lopunny only has 1% chance of missing circle throw and limber assures you won't be losing your essential speed to paralysis during set up (and can even encore thunder wave to then set up).

This set appreciates hazards (especially SR for a weird fighting rock coverage) but circle throw still deals damage and you have a good 32 pp of copycat before being stopped. Loppuny also highly appreciates strong pursuit support to kill the ghosts that are immune to it. All you have to do is get rid of anything with a priority move and every ghost and once you managed the set up, you can bring down your opponent to only one pokémon with probably pretty low Hp.

The EV's are pretty randomly spread, so feel free to change them to your preference. However Defence can be used to take priorty better and if predicted properly you can use circle trow instead of copycat and restart the process till the priority user is switched back in. Speed can be lowered to a point where it still outspeeds choiced scarfed zebstrika after one agility to invest more defensively or offensively since you're not outspeeding +1 ninjask anyway. However Lopunny can sometimes do without agility depending on what's left, in those cases the extra speed is useful.

Mixed Electabuzz
Electabuzz @ (Wide Lens/Life Orb)
Nature: Mild (+SA, -D)
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 68 Atk/188 SpA/252 Speed
- Thunder/T-Bolt
- Focus Blast
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch

At first this was just a silly idea I had because i was making a new team and wanted something to stick a Wide Lens on, but upon use, it really does work.

Thunder - Power STAB, benefiting from Wide Lens, capable of punching a hole in anything that doesn't resist it, even specially defensive grumpig(Example of a non-Immune or Resisted special wall) takes 36% [Alternative, Thunderbolt and just use a life orb]

Focus Blast - Alternative hard hitting move for a small amount of coverage and also as a power move to hit a ground type on the switch in.

Heres where the competitiveness and the mixed EVs come in.

Cross Chop - 62.5% [100% Chance with LO] chance to OHKO Cryogonal who otherwise walls the set(BEFORE Rocks, So with rocks support or prior damage[Example: Switching in to soak a Thunder/Focus blast] its close to a guaranteed OHKO)

Ice Punch - Clean 2HKO on standard specially defensive altaria, It also 2HKO's the Lead Torterra in the OP but I wouldn't risk taking an EQ unless you're certain they'll set up rocks.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Umm if you want a power STAB, just use Life Orb Thunderbolt. If you think that Life Orb recoil makes all the difference, then go ahead and use the Eviolite 4-Attacks set. That set is just as weaksauce as this one, but hey, at least that's got some bulk on its side and actually makes for a good pivot with V-switch.

Also, 2HKOing a specially defensive Altaria with Ice Punch is rather pathetic, and so is the fact that you don't even have a guaranteed OHKO on Cryo when you use a high-powered SE physical move on it. I understand that you want to use Wide Lens, but please, it's kind of a bad item...

ps: I swore that I saw that exact same set with the exact same gif, so I'm sure it's either a bad case of deja vu or you just simply posted a set that got deleted, and just simply reposted it here. If it's the latter, >.>

Sweet Jesus

Ok third post here and this set is pretty fascinating I must say. I don't want to take the credit for it since I saw someone using it on the pokémon online server and decided to use it (but I don't remember his alt). Still I added my own little spicy touch into it with encore and wide lens. Be warned it's extremely gimmicky but should be worth checking out and maybe building a team around (kind of like shedinja). Here it is: the sweeping bunny.

Lopunny @ Wide Lens
Ability: Limber
EV's : 120 Hp, 136 Def, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Agility
-Circle throw
-Copycat
-Encore

This set requires a certain set up but can become completely unstoppable. Loppuny must be sure to outspeed everything, either by killing everything that's faster or by using agility. Once ultimate speed is acquired, use circle throw, since it's got negative priority you will attack last. Finally proceed to spam copycat and phaze with no negative priority and a blazing speed.

Once everything is up there are only 2 things to stop him: ghosts whom are immune to circle throw and priority moves that mess up copycat. Encore helps beat certain threats such as anything with protect, magic coat, snatch, etc. (use encore the turn after protect then restart the process), it can also empty sucker punch pp and counter muk if he goes for shadow sneak just to ruin copycat (proceed like with protect situations). Encore can also help loppuny gain a free turn to set up or use circle throw without receiving a hit. Wide Lens means lopunny only has 1% chance of missing circle throw and limber assures you won't be losing your essential speed to paralysis during set up (and can even encore thunder wave to then set up).

This set appreciates hazards (especially SR for a weird fighting rock coverage) but circle throw still deals damage and you have a good 32 pp of copycat before being stopped. Loppuny also highly appreciates strong pursuit support to kill the ghosts that are immune to it. All you have to do is get rid of anything with a priority move and every ghost and once you managed the set up, you can bring down your opponent to only one pokémon with probably pretty low Hp.

The EV's are pretty randomly spread, so feel free to change them to your preference. However Defence can be used to take priorty better and if predicted properly you can use circle trow instead of copycat and restart the process till the priority user is switched back in. Speed can be lowered to a point where it still outspeeds choiced scarfed zebstrika after one agility to invest more defensively or offensively since you're not outspeeding +1 ninjask anyway. However Lopunny can sometimes do without agility depending on what's left, in those cases the extra speed is useful.
I just read copycat's move description on smogon and it says it can't copy circle throw. However I have tested this set and it works on PO, other sites say it does work (PO wiki). I'm not to sure if it's an error of the program so help me out please.

Umm if you want a power STAB, just use Life Orb Thunderbolt. If you think that Life Orb recoil makes all the difference, then go ahead and use the Eviolite 4-Attacks set. That set is just as weaksauce as this one, but hey, at least that's got some bulk on its side and actually makes for a good pivot with V-switch.

Also, 2HKOing a specially defensive Altaria with Ice Punch is rather pathetic, and so is the fact that you don't even have a guaranteed OHKO on Cryo when you use a high-powered SE physical move on it. I understand that you want to use Wide Lens, but please, it's kind of a bad item...

ps: I swore that I saw that exact same set with the exact same gif, so I'm sure it's either a bad case of deja vu or you just simply posted a set that got deleted, and just simply reposted it here. If it's the latter, >.>
It only got deleted because there was a like a weekend where tennisace didn't want new sets while they reviewed current ones for a few days

This set was actually suggested by CBB or Kieran I think in #neverused but after seeing it mentioned i decided to give it a go, and it actually a really fun set to use

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EV's : 252 HP, 228 Def, 24 SpDef
Nature: Calm
-Lucky Chant
-Stored Power
-Cosmic Power
-Softboiled

The main idea is to set up a few Cosmic Powers so it cannot be KO'd and then Lucky Chant so it wont be killed by a critical hit. Its pretty gimmicky but I was able to successfully use it a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)