Questions about bans

Hi everyone,

I have some questions about bans. I was banned, for reasons that I now realize. (I didn't realize that the rules about not being stupid or wasting chat space applied to in-battle chat as well as the lobby chat.)

Are bans permanent? If not, how can I find out how long I was banned?

Just to confirm, when banned, you will get the "disconnected from server" error, right? I wasn't actually given any notice that I was banned. (However, I do know that I was now, since a person in the battle took a screenshot of the situation.)

Is there any way to get unbanned if you were breaking the rules? The ban appeal subforum says not to post if you were breaking the rules. (I wasn't given a warning, which I personally consider unfair, considering I've never gotten a warning before.)

Thank you for reading,

kj979

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I have some questions about bans. I was banned, for reasons that I now realize. (I didn't realize that the rules about not being stupid or wasting chat space applied to in-battle chat as well as the lobby chat.)
Rules are much more lenient in battle chat than in the lobby chat. Outright spam is still discouraged, but those should at worst result in a mute.

I can't tell whether your ban was deserved from what you've said so far, but I encourage you to provide details if you think it wasn't. As long as you weren't actively harrassing the other player, that generally shouldn't result in a ban.

Are bans permanent? If not, how can I find out how long I was banned?
Bans last until server restart (generally every few days) or until you win a ban appeal.

Just to confirm, when banned, you will get the "disconnected from server" error, right? I wasn't actually given any notice that I was banned. (However, I do know that I was now, since a person in the battle took a screenshot of the situation.)
Yes, that's correct.

Is there any way to get unbanned if you were breaking the rules? The ban appeal subforum says not to post if you were breaking the rules. (I wasn't given a warning, which I personally consider unfair, considering I've never gotten a warning before.)
It doesn't sound like you were necessarily breaking the rules. I'd recommend posting the battle log to Discipline Appeals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)