RarelyUsed CCAT - SS Omastar - Revision

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 160 Spd / 252 SAtk / 96 HP
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Okay, so after doing some calc's, the stuff that can tank a +2 Oma hit includes stuff like Ferroseed and Escavalier, which are lured in and destroyed by HP fire Tangrowth, and other stuff like Lanturn and Slowking which are just straight up countered by Tangrowth. Sleep powder provides opportunities for Omastar to set up against incapacitated opponents (such as Clefable), as well as having the general utility of a mon that puts pokes to sleep. Tangrowth is also useful because it draws in Fire and Flying type moves, that Omastar can set up on, while resisting the many grass, ground, and electric type moves that will be directed at Omastar. It even has the defenses to tank physical fighting type moves aimed at Omastar like Mach punch that may halt a sweep. The Speed EVs are to outspeed min speed Lanturn with a little bit of creep, which allows it to outspeed the bench mark for many defensive pokes, and slower offensive pokes in the tier.

(Look at it dance :))

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Similar to Roselia but on the physically defensive side but thanks to this type and bulk can work such a mixed wall checking not only physical threats, checks very well special threats like another Omastar or Lilligant (w/o Hp fire!).
Spikes support is for Omastar and for the rest of the team, Leech Seed with Protect is to health most of the time and checking better some threats, finally Gyro Ball is the most stronger move on Ferroseed so far since is very slow and have STAB, so I think that Ferroseed is a good temmate for Omastar!

Gothorita @ Eviolite | Shadow Tag
Bold | 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Calm Mind | Psychic | Rest | Toxic

hiya n_n my name's Gothorita, and I'm stuck in the 90's, save me pls ;-;

So at first I was just gonna sit back and wait for us to decide what kind of FWG core we were gonna use, but then I changed my mind :> This seems like somewhat of an odd nom, but I've found Gothorita to be a pretty cool partner for SS Oma in the past. While they don't have the most stellar defensive synergy together (all it really offers is a Fighting resist, and it still has trouble combatting Gallade, the premier Fighting 'mon), Gothorita has the distinct ability to effectively isolate and KO most, if not all of Omastar's more conventional checks and counters. Due to its reasonable bulk, Gothorita is capable of switching into and setting up on a variety of Pokemon Omastar struggles to deal with (Slowking, Roselia, Clefable-ish, even standard Ferroseed gets 2HKOed at +6), finding very little trouble in getting up to +6 and paving the path for a sweep. This is particularly effective due to the fact that most SpDef walls and other such checks to Oma lack pHazing of any kind (Amoonguss' Clear Smog is somewhat annoying, but it only means that Gothorita just has to KO with Psychics as opposed to getting up to +6 '~' ), so she can basically just set up virtually unopposed. The set is fairly simple, all you do is come in, set up (while Resting when necessary of course), and then smash the 'mon. Toxic is nice since it allows Gothorita to handle SpDef Slowking no problem, since Sleep Talk is basically unnecessary considering you can control the momentum of most match-ups anyway (and if you KO a 'mon while still asleep you risk getting bad Sleep Talk pulls against the proceeding switch-in), though putting Spiritomb on a timer to Rest or something along those lines is neat too. As a plus, after completing the trap, a conventional method of combatting a +6 Goth is to nuke it with a physically-inclined breaker, and Entei is just about the most common 'mon in that role, which means Oma can grab a turn to set up right from the get-go n_n This of course makes Escavalier a minor issue, but considering how fluidly a 'mon like Moltres fits into such a build, I can't imagine us encountering too big of an issue with it.

Thanks for your time friends :]

cool sets guys, the sets here to vote:

Choice Band Escavalier
Utility Misdreavus
Dread Plate Liepard
Custap Berry Crustle
Ebelt Rotom-C
Support Druddigon
Double Spiker Scolipede
Choice Specs Mesprit
Specially Defensive Roselia
Choice Band Torterra
Offensive Tangrowth
Physically Defensive Ferroseed
Calm Mind Gothorita

Everyone gets 2 votes. You must use all of your votes. Your votes must be on separate submissions and any order. You can vote your own set.

Last edited:

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Support Druddigon
Choice Band Escavalier

Kinda hard to choose but Druddigon has nice synergy going on with Omastar and provides Paralysis support/Rocks and Escavalier really helps Omastar by getting rid of grass types/slowking.

E-Belt Rotom-C: Fuck any lanturn trying to get a free 25% healing. Leaf storm for the kill. Omastar can now start sweeping(somewhat, idk)
Dread plate liepard: Fuck swagpard :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)