Serious Relationships and Sex Ed Thread

guys GUYS I DID IT

i asked him and he said yes. and we both were smiling like dumbos and what else. im waitin for him to get home to play some Portal 2. it was really as hard as i though

then he dropped me home i kissed him said "i love you bye" and zipped out of the car as fast as possible. i had never actually told him i loved him before askin him that...

dunno why we both got boners though, thats not a really sexual thing is it? being honest here
Ha, nice work man! Now that you've got the hard part out of the way (pun definitely not intended), it's basically smooth sailing from here, at least in terms of putting your feelings out on the line. The initial asking and saying the first "I love you" is always the most intimidating part! As for the latter thing though... NFI, haha. I'm assuming you're both old enough that that shit happening randomly isn't an issue. I guess it can be sexual sometimes but it doesn't sound like it necessarily was with you guys so IDK, can't say it happened to me!

@ Nina: Gunther, good choice. I hope she touches your tra la la.

@ Phantasia: I'm really happy for you! I hope things progress well.

As for me, I'd really like to contribute more to this thread, but don't have anything to contribute with. It's been a rather interesting read though.

What do you guys define as normal? I fear that the reason I'm scaring some girls off is that I may be looked at as a bit weird. Look, I'm not looking to change. I'm not about that. I'm just looking to prove I can be normal, that I am a really nice person when they actually get to know me.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
guys GUYS I DID IT

i asked him and he said yes. and we both were smiling like dumbos and what else. im waitin for him to get home to play some Portal 2. it was really as hard as i though

then he dropped me home i kissed him said "i love you bye" and zipped out of the car as fast as possible. i had never actually told him i loved him before askin him that...

dunno why we both got boners though, thats not a really sexual thing is it? being honest here
aw now all we need pics of you two together :heart::heart:

What do you guys define as normal? I fear that the reason I'm scaring some girls off is that I may be looked at as a bit weird. Look, I'm not looking to change. I'm not about that. I'm just looking to prove I can be normal, that I am a really nice person when they actually get to know me.
don't change who you are in order to impress women. In the end the real you will shine through and things won't work out. Wait til you find someone who likes you for you, there's no rush. Besides, being normal is no fun anyways :)

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just be yourself, but its always good to think of at least 2-3 interesting stories to tell in case the conversation goes quiet. Girls hate boring guys, and often when a guy is like "why don't girls like nice guys", they do, just not when they're boring af. I got this girl to like me cause I was always doing stuff; going to different places, doing all sorts of shit and she was really interested in me after that. I'm not saying that you can't have some time just playing pokemon or w/e, but go out more, interact with people and you'll be a lot more comfortable. Like anything else, socializing comes naturally with practice.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
guys GUYS I DID IT

:)

this is my post of the year 2012

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
nice first post lol. welcome. cliched as hell but just be yourself. in the end you'll actually find someone that likes you for who you are, really. and i can definitely say this from experience :heart: it's also really liberating bein yourself around the person you like, instead of a person you're just pretendin to be.

what ala said holds a lot of truth too. dont be a sittin duck and generally you'll have somethin to talk about.

thanks for the kind words :}

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the thing about dating is that if something about who you are makes someone not want to date you, they were never right for you in the first place! The sooner you realize this and begin to accept yourself, the more attractive and successful you'll be.

that said that doesn't mean you shouldn't pay attention to your actions and try to improve on them, but the only people that won't date you because you're fat / ugly / play pokemon are people you would have never been happy with

blitzlefan

shake it off!
guys GUYS I DID IT

WOOOO!!!! That's great I'm happy for you! :) Congrats!

First of all... Grats Phantasia, thats really nice =)

Second... Swellow, I had a friend that had this same problem with the girls (he still does, but now is another problem XD)... You don't have to be diferent than you are now, you have to be careful to what you do with a girl.

If you are to much gentle you can get the friendzone, if you don't talk some cool stuff some times they will get bored of you...

First you need to know what you want, if is just having a lot of girls for fun or a single girlfriend. Then will be easier to give some tips.

(sorry my poor english and I don't know how to quote yet D: )

I'm outgoing but often times to outgoing. I think that's my problem. As for what you were saying Chronus, I'd definitely be tied down once it starts going somewhere. And though I am in the middle of that gentle and cool zone, I often find myself without a clue of what to say. Any help on how to strike up that conversation?

Well... I will say what I say to every guy that I know, the first impression is really important, you have to act cool (calm), better than the otther guys (so she would prefer to hang with you) and don't show that you want the girl at all (to make her think that you can have all the girls on the planet)...

The conversation is important that you can talk about many things (let's avoid some akward silent), and when you talk make sure that you know what are you talking about (so she can see your confidence in yourself)... I don't know why, but after the first kiss you can talk less (like some reward to you for making progress)... Keep walking around makes easier for me to find new things to talk about, don't know if this could help you...

Finally... If you guys comes up to have to make a choice (like to choose a movie), make it like you had the power to make choices and all humanity would follow you, and make the coice that you like more (don't try to pick what you think that she wants)...

Don't know if this helped at all (worked with some friends, but every person is diferent at something), and good lucky out there.

If you are to much gentle you can get the friendzone, if you don't talk some cool stuff some times they will get bored of you...
I have my doubts you are at all experienced and/or mature enough to be dispensing advice since you just used the phrase "friend zone" seriously when the majority of this thread is filled with people explaining that the friend zone is in effect a myth.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Finally... If you guys comes up to have to make a choice (like to choose a movie), make it like you had the power to make choices and all humanity would follow you, and make the coice that you like more (don't try to pick what you think that she wants)...
you're incredibly fucking high quality

posting my NYE story because it is the ultimate in farce and hilarity and tragedy

i go to this awful hiphop party just outside tokyo to see this girl whom i've taken on a couple lovely dates and we've kissed a bit but i know she's kind of leading me on because she's just that kind of girl and i find her at some point and she rejects me because now she's committed to this boy who's a world famous violinist and i'm normally pretty charming and funny but i'm not a world famous violinist and i don't have an apartment in manhattan nor one in milan so i'm kind of outgunned here

so i leave the party a complete wreck and walk towards the train station crying and some americans call me a (BAN ME PLEASE) and i fight one of them and my knuckles get really fucked up because i hit his zipper or something so i walk and cry more and eventually i get home and i try to canalize all my enmity and self-pity into a poem or a piece of flash fiction or something but i can't focus and my hand hurts so i give up and just shave my head but since i'm still kind of drunk i don't consider the ramifications of tons of human hair in my water pipes so my apartment ends up flooding

i would be more upset about this were it not straight out of a movie about coming to terms with things

It's pretty frustrating that people are stilling clinging to the friend zone idea when several users have plainly explaining why that's completely wrong. It's completely selfish/solipsistic to think that a girl/guy is doing something wrong by not dating you. If you think you're in the "friend zone" it's probably because you have the common but flawed mentality that members of the opposite sex only have value as people to date, and everyone else isn't worth your time. That's a totally unhealthy way to think, and it's ridiculous to think you could have a girlfriend before you have friends who are girls. If a girl wants to be friends with you and you reject her friendship because you wanted something more, you'll look like an asshole because you are being an asshole. Thinking that friendship isn't good enough for you is a great way to end up with no friends of the opposite sex.

Not too long ago, I thought I was friendzoned, and I hate the person I was then. I'm too sick/tired at the moment to share my "friendzone" story (or probably type anything comprehendible for that matter), so I'll write it up later so I'm not just echoing what's already been said here.

That's a point, infact in a relationship is very important be friend with the girl... It can be selfish, but if you're not a little selfish to think about what you really want, then how could you be true with someone else? I really think if you aren't happy with something the way it is you should make something about it... If you wanna date and the girl wanna be friends, make your choice...

You can be friends before you date someone. Being "friend zoned" means nothing. It hasn't happens to me but I know people who have been best friends for years and ended up together. To date someone and have a long relationship you have to be friends or it obviously won't work. Tbh I would think becoming friends with the person could increase your chances in a way because knowing someone better probably helps. I see friend zone as more of a joke term to be fairly honest.

And if they are not interested and don't want to date you, they don't. The fact you are friends or not doesn't really change anything.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
the last seven letters of Friend zone are End Zone.

the moral of the story being if you can't get a girl to go out with you just rape her

but in all seriousness, girls are people too, and if a super ugly girl who you were friends with asked you out, would you say yes? If you get "friend-zoned," it's not actually because she doesn't want to ruin the friendship, but because you're repulsive and she's being nice about it

@ Nina: Gunther, good choice. I hope she touches your tra la la.

@ Phantasia: I'm really happy for you! I hope things progress well.

As for me, I'd really like to contribute more to this thread, but don't have anything to contribute with. It's been a rather interesting read though.
im debating if i should tell you guys my many stories about my asian female buddies.

And if they are not interested and don't want to date you, they don't. The fact you are friends or not doesn't really change anything.
That's true, but I don't like when I go to date a girl and she talks about friendship (ok that my days of searching are over now), I just think if you go straight to the point when talking to a girl you have more chances in getting good results and sooner than when you get friendship first... That worked for me and some others of my friends (some girls as well)... I have to admit that you guys made me see that friendzone is just a polite way to say she/he don't gonna date you, but I still think that is a good thing to remember me to make act quick when searching for a girl. XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)