1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Released DW ability not allowed

Discussion in 'Pokemon Online' started by moonbound, Oct 18, 2011.

1. moonbound

moonbound

I just tried to use technician Mr. Mime and it didn't let me. DW Mr. Mime was released in the spooky manor and is legal.
  2. TROP

TROP *tips fedora*
    is a Tiering Contributor

Same issue with Raichu and lightingrod.
  3. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

I think the tiers aren't updated with the latest list of releases from the DW...
  4. Seth Vilo

Seth Vilo

I think that the tiers might be updated and Mr. Mime and Raichu were just overlooked; I'm able to use my precious Sableye that was released in the same Spooky Manor update in standard OU with no problems.
  5. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Sableye is usable; more likely this was missed.

ETA: Looking at the scripts, Mr. Mime should be allowed...
  6. moonbound

moonbound

I'm still getting this every time i look for a battle
    (18:17:05) *** Mr. Mime is not allowed with a Dream World ability in this tier. Change it in the teambuilder.
  7. blarajan

blarajan holla ladies #£14000 #bling #sparkle #bitchesonmydick
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

Are you using a Gen 3 move or something similar that would have breeding impossibilities with a Technician Mr. Mime?
  8. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

for everyones reference, i normally will install any new dw pokes that need to be added. so just post here. also since our server is open source, you can look at which pokes i missed (i just went through serebii so i could be wrong).

but i know i added mr. mime, sableye, alakazam, and volbeat just because i knew those would be used.

also exact spelling with caps counts for the script, so it could be that i spelled it wrong. if so just tell me.
  9. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

10. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I remember somebody (alphatron? Katakiri?) complaining about not having access to Analytic Starmie.
  11. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed HOMERUN, CABRONES
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Add in Analytic Porygon, as well. That thing's been released via Wonder Card for a few months now, and Analytic Porygon2 is quite competitive.
  12. Antar

Antar Self-anointed Czar of LC UU
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

I've updated the database, but I think the server needs to be restarted for the changes to take effect.

I'll planning on doing a re-boot on Tuesday morning.

Edit: check now. All the released abilities should be allowed (also, Moody is now an "unreleased DW ability," as is Drought on Vulpix).
  13. Minibombmon

Minibombmon

Still not working... still get "*** Mr. Mime is not allowed with a Dream World ability in this tier. Change it in the teambuilder." for NU and when I tried OU Mr.Mime shows up as a lvl 100 Missingno holding an item.
  14. MasterSwordsmanGallade

MasterSwordsmanGallade

I assume that Pokemon Online would be updating to 1.0.31 sooner rather than later.

There is also a "Error" forum on the PO forums, post it there and the programmers will test it.
  15. moonbound

moonbound

This has nothing to do with the po client. Allowed pokemon are based on smogon's scripts, which have been pretty messed up as of late.
  16. Desolation101

Desolation101

Still having this problem
  17. Antar

is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

Re: Mr. Mime

It's in the list, but I suspect that the fact that its name is two words (Mime Jr. has the same problem--are there any other pokes with two-word names?) is screwing up the script. I'll look into it, but don't expect this to be resolved soon.
  18. Desolation101

Desolation101

sigh I wonder how other servers are handling this has anybody thought of asking the people over at PO?
  19. Antar

Official Data Miner

That would be the next step, yes.
  20. moonbound

moonbound

Should there be an _ instead of a space in the scripts?
  21. Antar

Official Data Miner

I highly doubt it. But I'm going to try that, quote marks, and a few other variations on a "mirror" server, and I'll report back what I find.
  22. Antar

Official Data Miner

So... lots of new DW abilities released today.

I think I'll get started on updating those tomorrow. Will probably require a server reboot. I'll let people know.

Update: This is done. I looked into allowing the new DW move combos (Outrage Salamence, Superpower Spinda, etc.), but it's a big project--not only would the server db have to be updated, but we'd have to create a custom client that we'd then have to distribute. Instead, my decision is that we're going to sit on our hands and wait for coyotte508 and the other cool cats over at PO to release a new version.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)