1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 1 RoA Mini-Tourney 6: Abnormal RBY - Congratulations Crystal_!

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Jellicent, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Kennen

Kennen dont you worry child

2. Jorgen

Jorgen World's Strongest Fairy
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Lost to Crystal_, got a bit unlucky but it happens. It's just Karma for using AgiWrap imo.

Congrats!
  3. Crystal_

Crystal_
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Beat Jorgen in a gg. This battle proved that wrap can be as unreliable as much as it can be cheap. gg and sorry for the luck man.

Well I can't definitely blame anything. I've been lucky all the tournament most of the times i needed to. Including the coin flip? lol
  4. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

Shame I didn't make it past the first round but I brought Dragonite with me, not like there's anything better to use after banning the Normals anyway. Didn't use Agility because I consider Wrap a means to free chip damage more than a strategy unto itself, didn't use Cloyster (Clamp) because unlike Dragonite there's still plenty of better mons. ;[ Packed Gengar too on the assumption everyone else would try to abuse the move.

Starmie / Zam / Eggy, nothing better to use. Dragonite is one of the best non-Normals remaining and is the only "good" Wrap user honestly, rolled with T-Wave so I had more freedom to switch in and out and abuse PAR on other shit. Gengar beats Wrap, Cloyster too with Tbolt, packing Mega Drain for Golem/Rhydon.. Brought Rhydon along because hey, Zapdos was still allowed and damn scary if anyone decides to use it.
  5. Crystal_

Crystal_

I was surprised I didn't see anyone use Lapras. I remember thinking about that I will use it in the finals after winning my semifinal game, but I forgot until after the battle lol
  6. Jorgen

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I saw a few Lapras. It was pretty nice. I think the reason it wasn't used more is because it tends to compete with Starmie, which is gnarly without Chansey to check it.
  7. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

Congrats, Crystal_ ^.^

Expect the next Mini-Tourney up within the next 24 hours~
  8. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

nice job crystal, proving once again you're one of the best at what you do

shame you got unlucky, jorgen, unfortunately that's sort of rby...better luck next time
  9. Xelx

Xelx formerly .Robert
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Congrats!
  10. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Where's the log?

Nice work Crystal, you definitely earned my effective second equal placing for me.
  11. Crystal_

Crystal_

meh, I saved the logs against Hipmonlee and M Dragon but I forgot to save the log of the finals ·_·
  12. Jorgen

13. Crystal_

Crystal_

cool Jorgen!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)