Pokémon Roserade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...partners for Roserade...
-As pointed out already, Rotom-W is a perfect partner, and Rotom-H is also pretty solid.
-In pure typing matters, Houndoom is also actually rather nice, for those seeking a possible partner for mega-houndoom. Roserade resists fighting and water moves, flash fire houndoom has immunity to psychic and fire attacks, while also having an ice resistance. And Roserade can actually use Sun for 100BP fire-type weather ball, for those wanting to risk playing with Solar Power on Mega-doom.
-Mandibuzz is not a terrible partner either, with the ability to phaze for hazard damage, come in freely on psychic and ground attacks, and be more physically bulky as a counterpart to roserade's special bulk. The two do share an ice weakness though, which can be quite dangerous.
-Sableye is not bad to handle the physical half of the equation, with prankster burns and recover to stall out and force switches and hazard damage.
-Chandelure is also a fun choice, able to come in freely on fire attacks with flash fire, does a lot of damage, and has the bonus of being a spinblocker.
-Also likes various water-types, naturally. Starmie and Slowbro resist fire, ice, and psychic attacks, greninja might appreciate spikes from somewhere else if you want it more offensive, or just want to get more layers down faster. Any roserade without synthesis doesn't care about rain either, making that another possible niche.
-Steel types are not bad, but it leads to shared fire weaknesses, so if you pair them, you def need another teammate that can beat the heat.

Otter PowerSet Name: Venus Fly Trap (Choice Scarf)
Roserade @ Choice Scarf | nature: Timid
ability: Technician / Natural Cure
Leaf Storm / Energy Ball | Sludge Bomb | Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Rock / Sleep Powder| Sleep Powder / Dazzling Gleam @ 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
I'm looking forward to make this Roserade to kill in the current metagame. Leaf Storm/Sludge Bomb/Dazzling Dream/HP Fire. I'm really sure she would only lose against talonflame and gengar (from the popular choices), and makes her able to kill the popular overrun aegislash, tyranitar, togekiss, scizor, garchomp, skarmory and greninja. I was very tempted to do HP Fighting and change Dazzling Dream for Shadow Ball, but thinking it well, fire is the best option for the build. Will be pairing her up with a physical greninja and a focus-sash froslass, so I think that will work well.

If anyone is breeding technician ones with Leaf storm, I would be very happy to trade for something else :) (I have a 5IV scyther and 5IV froakie if that works for something). If you have a male, that would be awesome :)

Slight bump to this thread but I've been using this set for a while and it can work wonders:

Roserade @ Assault Vest
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

I'd say this is more of a direct counter to Rotom-W as it resists both of it's STABs and can recover off any damage with Giga Drain. I've taken fire blasts from heatran, flamethrowers from Charizard-Y in the sun and psychics from an alakazam and survived from full HP.
I've been using it as a defensive core with Slowbro as those pair fairly good together.

That would make your physical side really horrible, I'd do 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe @ Assault Vest and I'd rather have Natural cure

supernut64 I think you have too much fat on the SDef side, it would be wise to invest those Sdef points in defense so your Roserade isn't fodder for a mixed attacker. But do what works best for you nonetheless.

That would make your physical side really horrible, I'd do 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe @ Assault Vest and I'd rather have Natural cure
4 SpA Roserade Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Genesect: 224-264 (79.1 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Technician Roserade Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Genesect: 332-392 (117.3 - 138.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not worth running Natural Cure over Technician imo.

Scarfed Raptor said:
supernut64 I think you have too much fat on the SDef side, it would be wise to invest those Sdef points in defense so your Roserade isn't fodder for a mixed attacker. But do what works best for you nonetheless.
As I have said, I'm pairing this with a fully defensive Slowbro.

Yeah that's true, taking hits, but I believe Natural Cure is fromm "taking hits" because you want to take status instead of your team and absorb them.

Yeah that's true, taking hits, but I believe Natural Cure is fromm "taking hits" because you want to take status instead of your team and absorb them.
Tanking, not walling. Taking hits without doing anything back is just walling. A good AV user needs to have offensive presence or otherwise they are completely helpless against anything that is remotely bulky or can set up. In particular, AV Roserade can beat Genesect one-on-one easily with Technician, but not Natural Cure.

Roserade can already absorb Spore and Toxic. It's not that hard to find another Burn and Para absorber (Conkeldurr works well for that) for your team if you're really scared of them.

Roserade @ life orb
Modest 252 sp atck/ 252 spd
Leaf storm
Giga drain
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder

This thing is a monster on the cartridge. It does a hilarious amount of damage to so many things. He craps on anything that tries to spore you. He gets walled by steels, especially Aegislash, but they never switch in Aegi with fear of being put to sleep so as long as nothing is asleep Roserade has little to fear with that guy. Rotom W as partner to eat up any Talon's and my own Talon to eat up other steel types. Giga drain is better than rest since natural cure heals status anyways and I found that Roserade is decently frail so even if i got off a rest i was still losing a solid chunk of health and i had to switch. Also, its a pain to only have Leaf storm to hit waters/ grounds etc so its nice to have both depending on the situation. That modest leaf storm with LO hits really really hard, and with modest he outspeeds what he needs to and the extra power modest provides is too good to pass up.

I think i will try an AV technician set since Greninja is really annoying. Would be sweet to eat up an ice beam then proceed to OHKO with HP fire :P

Does anyone else use this set?

Roserade Choice Specs
Modest 252 sp. atk 252 speed 4 sp. def
Leaf Storm
Sludge Bomb
HP fire/Shadow ball
Rest

This set I find amazing! Max sp. atk choice specs STAB leaf storm takes out anything that doesnt resist it or is a special wall! Sludge bomb,hp fire,and shadow ball are there for coverage and STAB and rest is there because of roserades boss ability natural cure allowing it to sleep the switch and be cured! So all in all I have had great sucsess with this set!

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
I've been using Technician Roserade, and i must say, SHE is pretty good with HP Fire, I think Magical Leaf and Round/Swift can also be used, with Magical Leaf being a little more powerful Aura Sphere and Round/Swift being a Hyper Voice alternative, but then again Leaf Storm is way more powerful than Magical Leaf, but I guess it can work in something like:

Roserade@Life Orb
Nature: Modest/Timid
Trait: Technician
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb
-Hidden Power Fire
-Swift/Round

I can see the Swift/Round be used against something that resists all other moves just so she can do neutral damage.

I think you can also make her attack OK with something like a Choice Band and run Bullet Seed and Pin Missile, but thats way too gimicky.

(PS: This is my first post here on Smogon, so hi everybody!)

Except that the pokemon that resist Grass/Poison are mostly steel pokemon (which resist normal) or poison. You're MUCH better off putting them to sleep with Sleep Powder than hitting them with weak moves like Swift.

Shadow Ball is a nice move to deal neutral damage. I'd prefer Sleep Powder or even Spikes as the fourth move, but Shadow Ball is an option if you want to deal neutral damage to Heatran, Dragalge or whatever else likes to come in on Grass/Fire/Poison. The possible SDef drop also helps you continue with your all out offensive onslaught

^It's that very reason I chose shadow ball in my original set. Plus, ghost types have gotten a buff, and have become quite popular as a result. This is also good for those not running technician HP Fire for the status-absorbing natural cure set instead, as it still lets you damage the grass/ghosts, as well as ageislash and mr.smlies himself, gengar.

Now, the nice thing about technician HP fire is that it hits ferro and scizor like crazy, even without investment. plus it still lets you hit ageislash and the grass ghosts.
If you're doing sim play in particular with a technician set, my first vote would be sleep powder, with my follow up choices being your choice of extrasensory, shadow ball, or dazzling gleam.
-Extrasensory allows for hits on enemy poison, such as tentacruel and Megavenosaur, as well as fighting types that you resist
-shadow ball allows the previously mentioned high neutral coverage while also hitting psychic-types that switch in along with most ghost-types SE
-Dazzling Gleam lets you hit dark, fighting, and dragon. pairs well with Technician-Fire. Otherwise not worth using except to fill a specific team gap. there are better dragon killers than roserade.

Anyone decide to run Magical Leaf on the offensive set to take better advantage of technician? I've been doing that for a while and it's been working really well. You lose out on the special defense drop from energy ball but you get more power without any drawbacks.

Anyone decide to run Magical Leaf on the offensive set to take better advantage of technician? I've been doing that for a while and it's been working really well. You lose out on the special defense drop from energy ball but you get more power without any drawbacks.
But you don't get any more power. Energy Ball is 90 BP now upped from 80 last generation, so it has the same power as Technician Magical Leaf. The special defense drops are much more valuable than no-miss, which is really situational.

Okay i completely forgot Rose gets Tech but is it really work trying just for HP Fire? Between better moves given like SludgeBomb, GigaDrain, EnergyBall, DazzlingGleam (overall I know none do what HP Fire does) I cant see myself using the ability for one move...however with that said Natural Cure wont help so much on an offensive set without Rest i believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)