Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
-Fake Out
-Hi Jump Kick
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

WE GOTTA POWER
Hitmonlee is here to kick ass and take names. And he's all out of bubblegum... wait... I messed that up. Whatever, this guy is an oncoming train. After a Fake Out he outpaces the entire tier (barring ninjask or sceptile at +2 speed) and with that edge/quake for coverage and the marvelously impressive STAB HJK Hitmonlee is a physical roller coaster of destruction.

With OTR cofagrigus comes only an extended weakness to opposing OTR cofagrigus. So here's my suggestion:

Mandibuzz @leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Def
Overcoat
Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Taunt
-Whirlwind/Toxic

Mandibuzz's bulk is only matched by her ugliness. As well as making a solid special sponge, mandibuzz is one of the best counters to cofagrigus in existence. Brave bird is her best form of STAB damage, roost gives instant healing, something this team needs quite badly. Taunt is handy for stopping other walls from doing their thing. Whirlwind phazes stuff out which will be useful alongside meganium, though toxic is handy for permanently putting something on a timer.

If I may make a second suggestion, here it is:

Clefable @leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Def
Magic Guard
Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
-Wish
-Protect
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic

Clefable isn't as good a check to special threats as mandibuzz (most notably completely mocked by cofagrigus with rest), but it gives two important things to the team, wish support, and stealth rock. Wish support is obviously important to keep qwilfish happy. We have a great spin-blocker, so why not take stealth rock? Toxic is clefable's best form of damage if we want to hurt cofagrigus at all. (sorry if I take your idea Alexwolf)

Moltres @ Choice Specs
Modest nature
252 SAtk/4SDef/252 Spe
-Fire Blast
-Air Slash
-Hidden Power (Grass)
-U-Turn

No need to worry about Cofag anymore, my friends, as Fire Blast from this monster does between 301 and 355 damage to Offensive Cofag (320 HP). On the defensive side, unboosted Shadow Ball never OHKOs after SR (Moltres is left with 3 or 4 HP at worst) and even +2 Shadow Ball never OHKOs you at full health (Max damage = 312, Moltres has 321 HP lol).

Besides being a solid check to the mummy, Moltres gives this team the ability to put serious pressure on the opponent (no pun intended) and force a ton of switches, which can only be good for a hazard based team. His only real counter in RU is Slowking, and we have Meganium who can use King as a free switch in, barring Specs sets with Fire Blast, and Manectric, who can scare it off, causing more switches. It kinda forces us to use a spinner in the last slot, but the payoff is way too good to pass up.

Unorthodox Cofagrigus (any variation really) counter, but it should work.

This set should also work as a decent check to a lot of boosting sweepers, better against special sets, but priority Haze is obviously at least going to serve as a last ditch stop to almost anything.

Murkrow (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Haze

If this set switches into a +2 Hidden Power fighting it does 39% max, then 20% max after the haze, and priority Roost will out heal +0 super effective HP fighting (39% - keeping up?). Taunt stops Trick Room, or Will-o-Wisp / Rest from more defensive sets.

This is pretty much just the standard stall-breaking Murkrow with Haze to stop boosters. Besides the mutual Electric weakness (which Manectric abuses very well) Murkrow has excellent defensive synergy with Qwilfish.

Now, Mandibuzz is the obvious choice, but Murkrow is Mandibuzz + priority! (-physical bulk, but who's counting lol)

No seriously, Spud's Mandibuzz is probably the better choice (and I will be voting for it), but meh Murkrow is cool.

While specs moltres is undoubtebly good, I think it limits our last slot too much. Idk, meganium seems like it already demands enough support for a team.

Murkrow

should make an interesting way of checking some offensive threats while still breaking down stall.

BUCKLES WINS AGAIN
on a roll man.
so, we will be adding the almighty Choice Specs Moltres to the team. Now it is time to decide on the final Pokemon. You may all begin nominating.

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
I think a spinner is almost obligatory if you are running Moltres, especially if it is not carrying Roost. Therefore, I nominate Kabutops as the last member of the team. This gives the team a very reliable spinner, able to boost up and threaten most spinblockers in the tier. It also provides yet another offensive weapon for the team who appreciates Spikes support, as well as another crucial fire resistence. The team would of course appreciate Stealth Rock as well, but I don't think another support water type would be a good fit for this team.

Kabutops (M) @Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet

Knuckles (Sandslash) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Toxic

This team definitely needs a spinner(team balanced and weak to Spikes and SR) this mon is the best option since it can learn SR that are v. useful in this metagame, and other good wall, SR+Rapid Spin, good sinergy with the rest of team... this pokemon this should work well.

For this teams really i dont like double core water, meh

Ninja'd by just a few seconds :/

While I consider Kabutops a much more reliable spinner all things equal, Sandslash has much better synergy with the current team (the major weaknesses of the current team is electric and ground, which is also kabutop's weaknesses) and gives a much needed rock resist as well as a user of toxic.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Ninja'd by just a few seconds :/

While I consider Kabutops a much more reliable spinner all things equal, Sandslash has much better synergy with the current team (the major weaknesses of the current team is electric and ground, which is also kabutop's weaknesses) and gives a much needed rock resist as well as a user of toxic.
Id much rather use a Hitmonchan variant

Seconding Sandslash for sure. We need a spinner and a stealth rocker, plus something besides Meganium that can take an Electric attack.

But since this has been dead since yesterday, I'll add another nominee

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP/252 SDef/4 Spe
-Taunt
-U-Turn
-Encore
-Leech Seed

Another seeder that can stop rocks from going up in the first place and forces switches like a pro. Basically a back-up Meganium that also creates a VoltTurn situation with Manectric. Not sure about the moveset, because it has so many options, but it can always be tweaked.

Figured we might as well cover all our bases in the spinner department.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
248 HP/8 SpA/252 SpD
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-Haze

The main draw to Cryogonal over Sandslash and Kabutops is that it gives us something to take special attacks besides Meganium. A secondary draw is reliable recovery. While it adds a rock weakness, I really don't see this as too important. Every pokemon in the tier that gets STAB on it are physical attackers, which mean Qwilfish can handle them. As for HP rocks, just check this calc.

252 SpAtk Life Orb Tangrowth (+SpAtk) Hidden Power Rock vs 248 HP/252 SpDef Cryogonal (+SpDef) : 33.24% - 39.07% (3-4 hits to KO)

And this is coming off a base 110 SpAtk, tied for the sixth highest special attack in the tier. I really don't think the lack of resistances is a problem on this guy.

whoo let's get it
VOTING TIME! You may vote for one person only...and not yourself (if you don't know this by now you probably shouldn't vote :] )
Let's get this team wrapped up...I want to see everyone complain when they miss Grasswhistle :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)