Sawsbuck

Its too bad Nature Power can't be used competitively (because its always Tri Attack online). If only you could change the terrain pre-battle and get 20 PP Earthquakes. :P

scarf set perhaps?

Mebukijika@Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Herbivore

Megahorn/Wild Bolt
Wood Horn
Return
Jump Kick

Switch in on a grass attack, get an attack boost (basically the advantages of both CB and CS), and let it rip. Wood Horn & Return for stab, Jump Kick for steel coverage. Megahorn if you want to rip through the Psychic-typed UU walls, Wild Bolt(recommended) is for Drifblim, whom you otherwise cannot hit.

Hi! i dont know if this has been said yet but I found a use for Serence Grace!!!! Mebukijika (my favorite too) learns Rock Smash which has a past chance of scoring a def drop on the opponent at 50% with no SG boost. but deer(punny :D) Mebu is the ONLY SG user that can use RockSmash and do some decent damage. It has so few moves with added effects because it gets this nice semi-niche.

Mebukijika @ Leftovers
Serene Grace- Jolly Nature
224 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 36 Hp (the spread may need some work)
Rock Smash
Wood Horn
Return
Megahorn

I think this set makes good use of SG Rock Smash. You're free to disagree i spent 2 minutes making it.

Double Edge is nice STAB but Wild Bolt provides way better coverage, he can hit Flying and Poison types, and very defensive pokemon like Skarmory.
Not a competitive post but I found out a way to alter Shikajika/Mebukijika Forme pretty much at ur will.

As of now, i had all seasons of shikajika in my boxsu.
My current Mebukijika moveset before E4:
(Herbivore)
WoodHorn
Return
Jump Kick
Faint Attack
I am so eager for a swarmpert to pair with this guy for singles.
I have another Shikajika with Chlorophyll, adamant and great IVs, waiting to be abused with Ninetales in Double/Triple.

Hi! i dont know if this has been said yet but I found a use for Serence Grace!!!! Mebukijika (my favorite too) learns Rock Smash which has a past chance of scoring a def drop on the opponent at 50% with no SG boost. but deer(punny :D) Mebu is the ONLY SG user that can use RockSmash and do some decent damage. It has so few moves with added effects because it gets this nice semi-niche.

Mebukijika @ Leftovers
224 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 36 Hp (the spread may need some work)
Rock Smash
Wood Horn
Return
Megahorn

I think this set makes good use of SG Rock Smash. You're free to disagree i spent 2 minutes making it.
With the overall power boost you're better off just going with Jump Kick. Besides that your set has 512 evs. Minor mistake, but illegal anyways.

Okay, let me put this into perspective (and give a better set). Swampert is in play and a counter comes out. For the sake of the situation we'll say it's Jalorda. Swampert switches out and you bring out Mebukijika to take whatever attack it throws. Jalorda cant do much and the opp. switches to Heatran(expecting the Megahorn). You use Rock Smash on Heatran, dropping it's defence and doing a decent amount of damage. Heatran either switches out to Jalorda again or stays in hoping to do something and gets hit with a Jump Kick.
Useful? I think so. I also have a new set.

Mebukijika @ Life Orb
224 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 32 HP
Rock Smash
Jump Kick
Megahorn
Wood Horn

Okay, let me put this into perspective (and give a better set). Swampert is in play and a counter comes out. For the sake of the situation we'll say it's Jalorda. Swampert switches out and you bring out Mebukijika to take whatever attack it throws. Jalorda cant do much and the opp. switches to Heatran(expecting the Megahorn). You use Rock Smash on Heatran, dropping it's defence and doing a decent amount of damage. Heatran either switches out to Jalorda again or stays in hoping to do something and gets hit with a Jump Kick.
Useful? I think so.
Honestly, no. Rock Smash is just a bad move, even with Serene Grace. It only does 27.9% - 32.8% to Heatran, but if you had simply used Jump Kick, it would've done 58.2% - 68.7%. The defense drop ends up not mattering at all in your example as the Heatran either a) switches out, or b) gets hit with a Jump Kick which 2HKOs anyway. You also lose out on the coverage of Wild Bolt or the STAB of Return.

Rock Smash does terrible damage and dropping an opponent's defense by just one generally not useful. You're much better off using Swords Dance on the switch.

I guess you're right, but it is still an option
No, Rock Smash is too unreliable to make a good set out of it. It's too weak, and in the end, Jump Kick will be a lot of useful. I've tested it and Jump Kick is way more viable than Rock Smash. Also, defense drops < Swords Dance. Rock Smash is not a good choice for it, but a simple SD/Return/Wood Horn/Jump Kick is rather effective. Rock Smash is not good on any pokemon, and in the end Herbivore will be used mire than Serene Grace because of the little uses Serene Grace has.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
When you have to resort to putting Rock Smash on a competitive set, then you know something is very, very wrong.

then why give a pokemon Serene Grace when it can't even use the few moves it has?
Because it fits their concept for the poke? Not every ability on a poke is effective for them or even really useable (the Flying/Electric Rotom still having Levitate, which I believe it still does, or Pressure on Absol/Aero/Weavile, attests to that).

the same reason the flying rotom has levatate and Derpfish has limber...trollfreak. :/
But derpfish can be paralysed by Body Slam... :P

Anyways, I think that Mebukijika is painfully cool, and Herbivore provides him an excellent niche as a setup sweeper (Sub, Swords Dance) He also has good coverage, thanks to Jump Kick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)