Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'd like to request an animated avatar of a shiny porygon-z, doing something along the lines of this;
(Made by cartoons!), it can be in any style you're good at, but please make it a little goofy, thanks~

I realize that it's supposed to be a lightbulb, but the lighting needs to obey the laws of the Pokemon universe aka the sun always comes from the top left. As I said, keep the glare patches, but make them less blindingly white if they wouldn't occur from the sun.

I started to toy around with animated sprites, after I had a streak of sucky sprites. It's fun, and you can make some fun ones without a lot of work, e.g. my avatar.

A couple of random sprites. Includes a 3 pokemon fusion (guess what they are!) and a splice/disguise (not a proper disguise, but come on! Look at it!)

Damn, I didn't think it'd be that easy :P Well done!
Onix was tough, just because it's kind of a generic lower jaw, but the other two were easy ;p. Nice job with them btw.

Edit: How do you guys pick which guys to toy around with? I usually let a random number generator pick for me, but that's not really worked recently...

I love the first one, but the one on the right seems a bit busy, with a lot going on. I don't think you need a lot of the bushes at the back. Still a good sprite though.

Really? Thanks! I was worried that the dragon was abit plain and...chubby. I do see how the ludicolo, thing, has too much going on. I'll be working on,hmmmm...spriters block...

Hey everyone. I'm still new to working with the GIMP but I would more than happily take any request (just remember, I'm a beginner; so don't expect a picasso or anything).

My avatar is my own work and I made it using several other images. Props to all those who I borrowed from! Here it is in a larger size:

Hey everyone. I'm still new to working with the GIMP but I would more than happily take any request (just remember, I'm a beginner; so don't expect a picasso or anything).

My avatar is my own work and I made it using several other images. Props to all those who I borrowed from! Here it is in a larger size:
Try my request; it should be easy enough.

I have a few trainer sprites and mugshots I would like to put up for critique. All of the are a combination of fuses, scratches and recolors. Please bear in mind these are my first real attempt a spriting. there are quite a few of them so I putting them in a tab so not to screen rape.

Here are the Mugshots. Which do you think looks the best
Trainer 1:
with smaller hair and realistic jaw line
Trainer 2:
with puffy hair and realistic jaw line
or Trainer 3
with puffy hair and cartoon like jawline?

And Here are the full body sprites - they are all the same trainer in different outfits.

and Just in time for Halloween Here's a Phantom of the Opera Mugshot and Full Body Sprite:

I hope you enjoy those.

If these are for the PO competition, remember that it needs to be full body. I like the guy with the cane. The third from the left is awkward, because it is easily recognizable as Cynthia's legs, but they are all good quality.

If these are for the PO competition, remember that it needs to be full body. I like the guy with the cane. The third from the left is awkward, because it is easily recognizable as Cynthia's legs, but they are all good quality.
Yeah I know about the full body rule. I just wanted to try a mugshot or two. But which sprite do you mean "with the cane"? There are two sprites with canes. The first one is the fourth one from the left (the one with the opera cloak) and the other is The second from the left (the one the sash and trench coat).

Edit Altered the legs: Made them thicker and added a few extra pixels in the right place to give it a masculine feel.

Here it is. It took me a while to get the animation right but I hope it turned out ok on your side. Any critique or feedback is welcomed. Thanks!

It won't show up on my comp again but I hope you got it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)