Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
server crash, i think i'll do just that.

as for transparency, i need a lil more practice with that since it requires using two different programs.

coldRain: that is pretty impressive, especially with only a mouse, I would get carpal tunnel or some other bad thing if I tried.

Lh dreamer: those are cool, well each recolor is pretty much the same for everyone, the fusions are very good quality, you've clearly been doing them for a while.

Camidea: go to iaza.com, make the background lime-green or some other color that doesn't appear in your sprite then click transparent. simpler.

Well, I haven't posted any sprites recently:

What exeggutor's real prevolution should be

A sprite generator that came out pretty well

Just finished this one, a fusion of landros and voltros with the third one's coloring

@danmantincan:

I tried my best. O.o

@outrageousdragondancer:

Is this okay?

I'm not terribly good at making avatars, but I don't have much else to do! :P

Does anyone know of some good online references for trainer spiriting? All I'm any good at are recolors. I 'd like to learn how to design and make my own custom sprites with my own costumes, accessories, etc. (ie not recolors or current trainer with different costumes). If there is already a thread(s) here that has (or is) a good reference(s) that could someone point me to it?

Could someone please do me a really cute Dragonite avatar
And maybe an iPhone version ( if that isnt too hard or illegal )
Oh, try not to make it too obese
Thanks

I tried sorry if it is not what you wanted. Just started using GIMP (simillar to photoshop), so yeah it is okay if you dont use it

You aren't even using the one Sæglópur made... but I tried...

If you use it, please credit arkeis.com or aragornbird in your signature or location for the art.

Look at the Smog, I believe that in issues 8 & 9 (the numbers might not be right, but you should read all of them anyway) it explains how to disguise pokemon (or really any sprite) so that is a good jumping off point. There isn't a good way to teach how to fuse/scratch, just take parts that look good and mix them together. I think that a lot of people here are self-taught spriters. I personally read thos articles, and then started spriting.

I like the design, but the shading needs a little bit of a tweak. The 'sun' comes from the upper left in pokemon sprites, but in yours the light is coming from every where. Make some of the white shades in the goo-part more gray and it will look pretty good.
Err, it seems to be inspired on a light bulb, so it seems logical that the lighting might differ from standard pokemon sprite?

Thanks Mastadi, you got it. I know it looks a little weird but thaat's just how it turned out, you can imagine it'd be difficult to capture a lightbulb effect in sprite form haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)