Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Hey, is you're avatar Grass/Ghost? I've always loved Grass. You'res looks like it'd know Wood Hammer/Hammer Arm/Shadow Punch/Eartquake with similar stats to Roobushin.

OH! Can someone make a Grass/Dragon? I've always wanted there to be a Grass/Dragon since grass types are always dealt a bad hand in life.

(I hope this doesn't bother the forum overlords)

Yeah, it is. Good eye! The set I gave it is:

Forregeist
EVs: 4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD
@Focus Sash
Jolly
- Splinters (grass-typed stealth rock)
- Shadow Punch
- Wood Hammer
- Shadow Sneak

Forregeist has good ATK/SPD, but low defences, so it's primarily a lead or a revenge killer. I have no idea of how this set works, but it deals with Azelf, I guess..

But thanks anyway! :)

EDIT: Started on the fire starter.
Hope it's OK! :d (Or not too small)

I think that the fire starter is a good design, but a little too small. About your set, Wood Hammer is a recoil move, so it can't be used with focus sash. Seed Bomb would be better, that's what all those little splinters really are. Shadow Punch isn't all it's cracked up to be, I would recommend night slash or x-scissor. Hell yeah, workable set with flavor. No one ever thought it could be done.

Yeah, your set is better! :) I don't really get to involved competitive play uless it's the VGC, so, I'm probably not the best. lol

Anyways, here's the (hopefully) improved version:
Hope it's better! :D I'm going to take a little (till morning) spriting break, but criticizm or praise is still welcome!

Yeah, your set is better! :) I don't really get to involved competitive play uless it's the VGC, so, I'm probably not the best. lol

Anyways, here's the (hopefully) improved version:
Hope it's better! :D I'm going to take a little (till morning) spriting break, but criticizm or praise is still welcome!

It looks like it could be a Slugma prevo.

The eyes come out a bit strong, adding a second shade of that green will tone it down a bit without altering the design. The bottom also looks too flat, being mostly a straight line. Take a look at how the bottom portion of the Slugma sprite and notice how it's wavy, that would look better. Or if it's not made of lava Shellos or Gastrodon might work as a guide. The main body's shading looks like it's coming from the top instead of the top left, as is normal in the pokemon sprites. I wouldn't worry too much about the size, small is okay as long as you don't have trouble fitting in the details you want.

To be honest, I didn't have much thiught put into the cincept, I'll be doing some thinking. :/

EDIT:I've got it!

Hope it's better- it's the scecond evo of the starter line.

EDIT2:Added the prevo

I think that his ears and arms could be a little bit more developed and it looks like he's cross-eyed. If you leave out the pupil on his right eye, it will look like he's looking straight.

Fire ferret <3 I love how you make fire. Also, a bunch of Lapras recolors.

Order of recolors as I remember them (left to right, up to down):

Gyarados | Abagoora | Daikenki | Goruugu/don't remember | Mantyke
Articuno | Dragonair | Dratini | Golduck | Goruugu/don't remember

Ooooh, looks nice.

If I may;the end of the tail (if it's a ferret, which you said it is) seems a bit unaligned with the flame, like the tail is longer than than where the flame ends(sorry! having trouble explaining myself.) Perhaps if you thinned the tail just a tiny bit at the end. It looks good though, so you might not even need that..

Also:Gardian Angel and the Sinful Temptress

@Choclate-kipp- Thanks! I like the recolors!

@Tyrant- Yeah, I understand, but the tail-flame is still part of the flame, but still- good eye! :)

Now that the starters are done, should I make another thread or put a little more on here?

@Tyrant: I really like the angel Gardevoir. :> The outline could use a bit more smoothing though. Devil Gardevoir would be great, but the hands are a bit out of place, too cartoony and silly for something so evil. The outline needs smoothing on her as well.
@Albino: I'd make a thread. :> Would make it easier to find all your stuff imo.

Can someone make me an avatar? It would be hella sick to have a kojondo in an epic pose (a pose kind of like my current avatar)
I'm horrible at action poses (and poses in general), but I made something anyway!:
(or just
)
Hmm, making an "actiony" picture small enough for it to be usable on the forums is pretty hard to do well, too. (Disregard this if what you wanted was a Kojondo in the exact same pose as the Breloom you're currently using as your avatar, as this one is obviously quite different. :) )

Yeah, I guess I'll do that, but I'll still ask you guys about critiques and stuff, like:
Should this worm be a mealworm and evolve into a beetle, or remain a worm as it evolves?

@Albinoloon-Oh, I get it. I thought the tail just stopped their, and the flame just popped out. I gets it.
Perhaps it could evolve into this?

J.K.

Well, in all honesty, it looks alot like a pre-evo of pinsir, based of of the coloring and the pincers. It's still a great design though.
Mealworms are the larvae of this, so I could imagine you're nice little creature becoming this as it's full evo. Perhaps "Meatle" or something similar that's a super fast Bug/Ground type.

@kipp-thanks. The Sinful Temptress is meant to represent a lighter side of darkness, so I wanted to keep it a little bit, hmm, fun, I think. Perhaps a slight recolor, since the red kinda' makes it "pop" like a cartoon.

@Albinoloon, if you don't square the corner on his right eye and make the inner border all black, it doesn't look like he's corss-eyed, I just tried it. The arms and ears look sweet now.

@Tyrant-I've decided to do the beetle idea- but thanks for the name AND the other ideas. I also thought it was a pinsir prevo. :/

@Scerver Crash-Thanks for the help on the sprite!

Mormae->Mormid->Meatle

Mormae-Sick Larvae Pokemon Type:Bug

"It uses it's knife like pincers to gain acces to it's food source. It lives underground."

Base Stats _______Abilities _____Evolves at level 24.
35 ______________Poison Point
30 ______________Run Away

Mormid-Disgusting Cacoon Pokemon Type:Bug/Ground

"It uses it's own stomach contents, along with mud, to form a cacoon around itself. It remains motionless until it evolves."

Base Stats_____Abilities_____Evolves at level 48.
60 ___________Poison Point
30 ____________Shed Skin

Meatle-Pathogenic Beatle Pokemon Type:Bug/Ground

"After enduring toxic environments, it's body can handle any types of poison. It runs incredibly fast."

Base Stats _____Abilities_____Fully Evolved.
60 ____________Poison Heal
100____________Immunity

Movesets(coresponding with 5th gen)

Claw Sharpener@ Toxic Orb (Poison Heal)
Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Claw Sharpen
-Substitute
-Fire Fang
-Earthquake

CBug @ Choice Band/Scarf (Immunity)
Jolly/Adamant 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
-X-Scissor
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang
-Ice Fang

Lead @ Focus Sash (Immunity)
Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Protect
-Spikes
-X-Scissor
-Earthquake

Sorry for the big post. Is this what you have planned?

Hi, can someone make banners for me?

I think I'll be needing 5.
1. An image with 3 Kanto Starters and Mew
2. Johto Starters and Celebi
3. Hoenn Starters and Jirachi
4. Sinnoh Starters and Manaphy
5. Mewtwo, Suicune, Deoxys, and Arceus

Can it be arranged like this?

________________Pokemon D (Mew)

Pokemon A (Bulbasaur)_______ Pokemon C (Squirtle)

______________Pokemon B (Charmander)

The background should be not to colorful. (A mixture of orange and red could be fine)
Different backgrounds for each banner, please. Just pictures of the Pokemons, no names needed.
You can decide for the size, as long as it's viewable and presentable for a trade thread.

Send me a PM if you're interested to do this. Also, please show me a sample first.
We can talk about more there. (Payment[not real money ofc], wants, etc.)

@albinoloon the mealworm could be a little bigger and the ferrets final evo is a little reptilian if you know what i mean. just my opinion though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)