Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuzzberry, you might want to invest in a ten dollar USB mouse. It really helped me with spriting on my laptop.
She could also get a bamboo wacom tablet, as those come with a usable mouse if it's desired to be used. Not to mention then you could draw litterally with it. It isn't really needed with spriting, but for more drawing type colored art it's a pretty nice set up.

You really need to get a PC soon. Preferably one that can handle Shodddy.
New PC's coming sometime this week. ._. Apparently, my mom has offered to give me the old one if I can somehow fix it. So yeah. I've been...googling.

Woah, looks nice. You might want to make the body a few pixels thicker where it connects to the bottom of the left arm. Right now it doesn't line up with the neck.

Fuzzberry, you might want to invest in a ten dollar USB mouse. It really helped me with spriting on my laptop.

edit: I'm keeping Rocune's pieces a secret until the contest is over. I'll say that none of it was scratched, save for minor touch ups to the pieces I used. Your welcome to guess though
Thanks for pointing that out...I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. And thanks! =D I've improved my scratching a little since you took your leave.

A mouse. Hmm...that would make my life easier.

I can't even begin to guess what Rocune is. o.o I'll just have to wait until the contest ends.

She could also get a bamboo wacom tablet, as those come with a usable mouse if it's desired to be used. Not to mention then you could draw litterally with it. It isn't really needed with spriting, but for more drawing type colored art it's a pretty nice set up.
I've been considering that, but I have to get myself Photoshop first. ^_^; All I have right now is Paint for digital editing, and that's really, reaaally tedious to do normal drawings on. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I'll get right on to fixing the stuff on my Draggy. =3

could someone comment mine?
<sprites>
The first one's arms looked tacked on; but there's not much you can do about it without completely scratching the arms.
The second one is decent, but I don't see an outline on the feet.
The last one is IMO the best.

Check out the latest creation in my Grumpig-Dex:

<sprite>
Golpig (Grumpig+Golduck)

C+C, please. Also, I'm taking requests for my Grumpig Dex, although I'd like them in the same shape group.
*applause* You're getting better. I don't see anything wrong with it.

New PC's coming sometime this week. ._. Apparently, my mom has offered to give me the old one if I can somehow fix it. So yeah. I've been...googling.

Thanks for pointing that out...I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. And thanks! =D I've improved my scratching a little since you took your leave.

A mouse. Hmm...that would make my life easier.

I can't even begin to guess what Rocune is. o.o I'll just have to wait until the contest ends.

I've been considering that, but I have to get myself Photoshop first. ^_^; All I have right now is Paint for digital editing, and that's really, reaaally tedious to do normal drawings on. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Good luck fixing your PC. Do you even know what's wrong with it.

You don't need Photoshop. GIMP and Paint.NET are pretty good as far as free stuff goes, but you can get photoshop for free IIRC.

If you get the fun package, it comes with elements. Iirc, it's only like $15 more. If you do that, it also comes with Corel Painter essentials and some writting program.

oh my god those seizures are fucking awesome, Agaki.

@Fuzzberry, that Dragonite's tight. I can't see anything wrong with it. Can't wait to see it colored!

@Ninjabait, Crocune... oh you clever... ninja...

(I saw that, Olie.)

Good luck fixing your PC. Do you even know what's wrong with it.

You don't need Photoshop. GIMP and Paint.NET are pretty good as far as free stuff goes, but you can get photoshop for free IIRC.
Yeah, the viruses ate the internet and some of the other things on the hard drive. If I can somehow get around that and re-install the internet...

AS for an image program, I'll make do with whatever I can find. Haha.

If you get the fun package, it comes with elements. Iirc, it's only like $15 more. If you do that, it also comes with Corel Painter essentials and some writting program.
I most definitely have to look in to this.

@Fuzzberry, that Dragonite's tight. I can't see anything wrong with it. Can't wait to see it colored!
Thanks. =D But the coloring is taking me forever! Dragonite's pallet is...confusing, to say the least.

Fuzz, the far wing on your scratch has an outline the size of ME. Is this intentional?
It is, in fact, intentional. It's actually two outlines, they're just touching. They'll be colored differently in the final sprite.

@Paul Hm, I'm not too sure about the first one... the others look pretty good. I like the Vespiqueen/Ninjask/??? the most.

@Everybody, I got a little thing cooking up involving whismer~. I just hope I don't burn out of this creative spurt...

some stuff ive done, some old some new, just picked out the best of what ive done
Alot of your sprites are decent fusions, but need a bump up in the shading department eg. The Black Charizard in particular - so practice your shading. The Vespiqueen one is definitely the best.

@Fuzz: Well, you can certainly fix the internet, but depending on what the viruses got on your hard drive you could have problems.

@Ailelulu: Can't wait to see it.

@Paul: Pretty much what Agaki said. You need some work on shading.
The charizard needs some work, and the Raichu/Chameleon needs some work unless the light source is coming from the top right (it comes from the top left in game).

@Fuzz: Well, you can certainly fix the internet, but depending on what the viruses got on your hard drive you could have problems.
I actually did manage to get the internet back. =D So that's a step in the right direction. It looks like a couple documents and whatnot got corrupted, and some other programs won't open anymore....but otherwise, I think I got it!

I finished up my Dragonite scratch, or at least the first draft of it.

Oh yeah. He's bringing honor and badassness back to his family.
Any outstanding errors that I should fix? Suggestions that would make it better? I know there's some lines that I'm probably going to go back and redo. So while I'm at it, fire away!

It looks fine, Fuzzberry. Although, on the wings (or at least the orange part), the outline in general seems to dark, and the right one goes down at too sudden of an angle, try to slowly change it into that angle, instead of a rapid decent.

Next Stage of my K-ON! pixel art, after I finish the basic coloring, I'm on to body shading, then outline coloring, and then the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)