Smocon Toronto '11 - August 5th to 7th - WON BY wait nvm

just fyi ill be bringing my n64 with pkmn stadium/pkmn stadium 2/pkmn puzzle league/ssb64/nagano '98, and probably my wii with ssbm/ssbb, but i only have 2 n64 and 2 gamecube controllers

so if anyone has 2 n64 and/or 2 gamecube controllers they could bring that would be nice

no hotel and im good for both days. question: are the hotelers going to host a smogon party at the hotel? if so, it would potentially solve booze problems for kids under 19 without fakes who actually want to drink. and it's a cheaper drunk oh and videogame related drinking games?

i've always wanted to do that but most of the people i know would think it's "lame" and a party with videogames is a guaranteed sausage fest. but a party with your internet buddies is pretty lame in itself, and from the looks of it we have a sausage fest on our hands anyways.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There'll probably be games + booze at hotel. Not gonna be a babysitter though so it would be nice if you didn't get piss drunk. Thanks.

I will be getting in on Friday at the hotel about 7:30 PM most likely. I'll be hungry and want food. Those doing Friday - Sunday with me can check-in and we can go for food =)

I'll be there. I will arrive Friday evening, though I am not sure at what time exactly, I'll tell you once I book tickets. I'll probably leave Monday night.

I wish all the other maybes confirm! This is the face I will make once you do: :happybrain:

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Friday is definitely out, but I'm going to shoot for Saturday afternoon, evening at the latest. I might not even stay Saturday night, but by god, I wanna see Brain again! :avatar:

I can bring any wii/gamecube games and controllers if someone brings a system. I can also bring a bottle of something prob but I doubt that will be an issue

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
People bring your 3DS' too I want some more puzzle pieces dang it!

Also phone numbers again? Will we have meeting places for everything?

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
i'll probably be there around 6-7 pm on friday, but who knows what kind of delays i'll get at the border

The CN tower edge walk just opened up If anyone feels like dropping $175 to find out if youre afraid of heights or not, its available

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I'm not interested in paying $175 to walk around the CN Tower. I'm interested in Pokemoning on Sunday though! That's a helluva coincidence even if I need to get a BW team from someone quick. Gotta hit up WiFi =P

Ok. I've booked the hotel. Sorry for being late but I was out of the country last weekend and then Visa disabled my account due to me not telling them I'd be away. Got it all sorted out but I was only able to get one room. I've done 6 people in one room before and it shouldn't be too bad... I can volunteer for the floor. Gonna call them to make sure we have two double beds.

People in Hotel: Firestorm, Phiddlesticks, CaptainKishimoto, gene, Umbreon Dan, Brain
Cost: $45 per person

Le Royal Meridien King Edward [ Map ] [ Directions from Union Station ]

Friday - Firestorm, Phiddlesticks, CaptainKishimoto, gene, Umbreon Dan, Brain, gk
I will not be able to get there to check-in until 7PM. Please try not to arrive too early. If you do, I'm sure you can drop off your bags at the hotel and wander around for a bit. We'll do dinner / drinks and then play it by ear.

Saturday - Firestorm, Phiddlesticks, CaptainKishimoto, gene, Umbreon Dan, Brain, gk, Layell, Jackal, cloud, thisisnotkakky, Snkz, ivar, Rodan., DM
That Taste of Danforth thing is starting to look more and more appealing. Let's meet up at the hotel at about 11:00 AM and make our way there. It only seems to take one streetcar. Never took one before but I assume it's $3 like the buses and subway?

I wouldn't mind checking out the historic Distillery District after as it looks kinda cool and I haven't been. Or if others haven't been, the Hockey Hall of Fame.

For dinner, we could go to the Bier Markt which my friend recommended. I'm sure those not 19 yet can still come as long as they don't order drinks. Food looks well-priced and they have 100s of European beers to try. After that, we can go to the hotel for video game funtimes and people can go home as they need to.

Sunday - Firestorm, Phiddlesticks, CaptainKishimoto, gene, Umbreon Dan, Brain, gk, Layell, Jackal, cloud, thisisnotkakky, Snkz, ivar, Rodan., DM
The A & C Pokemon Tournament looks like it could be fun as everyone is either a Pokemon Player or Ex-Pokemon Player. Although I'm not sure how many of us have LC or Smogon BW Singles OU teams. It's also 1 - 6 which may be a bit long. If we do this, let's meet up at about 10:00 AM, do brunch/lunch somewhere close by, try to be as obnoxious as we are at VGC events, then go for dinner afterwards!

If anyone has some other good ideas let me know. I wouldn't mind seeing improv one of those nights as Layell suggested. Where is that? =)

---

PM me your name, phone number (and/or BBM PIN if you have it), and if I don't already have you on Facebook, a picture.

Somebody tell turban cloud to check this topic.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
that is a lot of people. looking forward to pics and warstories!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ugh I really want to make a little cup team now, don't know if I'll have the time so we shall see.

Anyways I was talking about Second City improv events at the Danforth event. But it seems they only do Sunday events which is unfortunate. They will have a booth and if I remember correctly they have coupon deals there for shows.

So if we do happen to get some great coupon deal at the Danforth we could go to the Second City sunday. They do a ticket and meal deal (24 + 30) and on Sunday it starts at 7.

This would be the food.

I think I will be at the Danforth on Friday which opens at 6, so if anyone plans to get to the Hotel early let me know.

Firestorm

The issue with Sunday is people leaving. My last bus is at 11:30 PM and I'm not sure when some of the others bussing into Toronto have to go. Those left with ways to get home could do it though!

Ya it's about $3 for buses/subway. Depending on the amount of traveling it might be worth it to pick up a Day Pass or something.

Edit: Just checked, a Day Pass is $10 (that's much cheaper than I thought it would be!) Here are the details:
Saturday, Sunday or statutory holiday use only, from the start of service until 5:30 am the next day.

1 adult and not more than 5 children/youths 19 years of age or under;
OR
2 adults and not more than 4 children/youths 19 years of age or under;
OR
2 adults.
Edit again: If I'm reading the map right, it'd probably be less walking if you went from King Station to the Hotel.

Well, I'm super broke, so what I'll probably do is show up at whatever hotel party you guys are having saturday night with some weed and meet some of you IRL! Warning: I might be unrecognizable compared to my online persona.

Firestorm

Yeah, Union is more for those arriving by GO. We're right beside King Station on the Yonge line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)