CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say evo of an old one, not only because we just made an entirely new poke, but because there are many, many pokemon that i would like to have evolutions

Well Banette's been mentioned by at least four different people.

;)

EDIT: There must be a poll on the Pokemon we evolve.
If that option wins.

Didn't you just get pwned by me?
Uh, I have my reasons. I agree with you, but this has come up so much, and I feel it should be addressed immediately. For example, Bug/Ice typing could be the top choice, but not lending itself to evolving anything people want. I feel if people want an evolution, it should be the first topic of discussion, not an afterthought.

Sorry to use the old one as an example, but it came to mind.

I say NEW EVOLUTION.

I didn't participate in the last thread, I lurked and really enjoyed the outcome. So I say make a difference and make it a new evo this time,

I vote for Banette or Mawile, as other have said.

Also, pokes chosen will be the top ten most reasonable/popular that I see mentioned here.
If that the case I'm having a good idea we're going to be making a Banette evo soon but that just my opinion. Also I threw my vote into the hat and say either an Furret or Larpas evolution.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If an we do decide on a Pokemon to evolve then the voting goes something like this:

1. We decide we want to evolve a Pokemon
2. We decide which Pokemon to evolve, this lends itself to a normal poll.
3. We decide which type the Pokemon is going to keep / change if it's a split type, or if it's typing will stay the same
4. We decide what type will be added if necesary
5. We go to a Art competition

Continues on as the first create a Pokemon from there I guess...

Bug/Ice could have easily been a Scyther alt-evo.

But I get your point.

EDIT: six fuck yes
Can you not read the giant, bold letters in the first post? Right now we're deciding whether or not we're even making an evolution of an existing pokemon or not. It should be at least 2 more polls till the pokemon that is to be "evolved" is decided upon.

Uh, I have my reasons. I agree with you, but this has come up so much, and I feel it should be addressed immediately. For example, Bug/Ice typing could be the top choice, but not lending itself to evolving anything people want. I feel if people want an evolution, it should be the first topic of discussion, not an afterthought.
True. I'm sure GameFreak doesn't just design new pokemon all the time. They must decide on evos every once in a while. D/P has like 20 of them. However, I vote new pokemon.

EDIT: Also posting to say that, if there is a new evolution, it must be something obtainable in D/P or under. The problem with having a split evo with Syclant was that it would require GameFreak to program something like Ice Rock into the 5th gen, which is asking a lot.

Can you not read the giant, bold letters in the first post? Right now we're deciding whether or not we're even making an evolution of an existing pokemon or not. It should be at least 2 more polls till the pokemon that is to be "evolved" is decided upon.
I'm just rounding up all the little puppet's supporters. Hyra's going to have to count anyways if new evo wins. I'm making it easier on him.

Plus it's fun.

I'm just rounding up all the little puppet's supporters. Hyra's going to have to count anyways if new evo wins. I'm making it easier on him.

Plus it's fun.
Still, I feel that these posts shouldn't be accounted for right now, as we'd be getting ahead of ourselves and there's no rush. I see it as complication for no reason.

I would have to agree on the second part though. =P

If an we do decide on a Pokemon to evolve then the voting goes something like this:

1. We decide we want to evolve a Pokemon
2. We decide which Pokemon to evolve, this lends itself to a normal poll.
3. We decide which type the Pokemon is going to keep / change if it's a split type, or if it's typing will stay the same
4. We decide what type will be added if necesary
5. We go to a Art competition

Continues on as the first create a Pokemon from there I guess...
Basically. Step 2 is defiantly going to be a poll. The latter steps sound reasonable too.

Cooper, stop voting more than once. Your psychedelic Hippo avatar gives you away.

All an evo would require is spriting mostly, with stats and maybe a couple extra moves. It'd be more satisfying to make a new poke.

NEW POKE

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
List of Pokes which lend themselves to Evolutions:
Golduck
Farfetch'd
Jynx
Pinsir
Taruor
Girafarig
Dunsparace
Quillfish
Shuckle
Corsola

Delibird
Stantler
Masquerian
Sableye
Mawile
Volbeat / Illumise
Spinda
Zangoose / Seviper
Lunatone / Solarock
Castform
Kecleon
Banette
Tropius
Chimecho
Absol
Relicanth

Luvdisc
Cherrim
Chatot
Luminuim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)