1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Smogon Grand Slam - Introduction

Discussion in 'Smogon Grand Slam' started by Iconic, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gengan

Gengan

Oh, LC Tournament sounds fun! Even if I don't win, at least I'll be able to participate (provided school doesn't interfere with this >-<)
  2. Ray Jay

Ray Jay "The sky's the limit, okey-dokey!"
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

I have a question, why does the logo include baseball bats if it's based on the grand slam of tennis
  3. CheezitKing

CheezitKing

Thought RU Open sign-ups were going up today.
  4. FelixMinamimoto

FelixMinamimoto

I will be away for three days starting tomorrow morning and my internet connections will be tenuous, if present at all during that time. I absolutely do not want to miss sign-ups. I assumed I could leave tomorrow as sign-ups were today. Ughhh.
  5. Oglemi

Oglemi it's me heysup's gay friend, the legendary gaysup
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

I was told they go up as soon as Jabba posts R2 of UU
  6. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Talked to Bloo earlier, I'm currently unable to close out R1 of the UU slam tonight, so it'll be done tomorrow as soon as possible (unless someone wants to do it for me, though that's a ton of work and all you guys are lazy :P). Not sure if that means we're waiting to put RU signups up or not.
  7. IceCarAdler

IceCarAdler

Not gonna lie I'm just really excited for all of Zracknel's art for the Grand Slam. Which Pokemon will represent each metagame?
    So far it's Swampert and Sceptile. Will it be Charizard for NU and Blaziken for Ubers and maintain a starter theme?

This shouldn't intrigue me as much as it does.
  8. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

OH WHYYYYYY

no fuck starters there are a ton of better ubers
  9. Zracknel

Zracknel you're not even worth it
    is an Artistis a Super Moderator
    Art Co-Leader

This was a silly oversight, haha. Haven't changed it yet mostly due to time constraints; I'm hoping to revise the identity to be more tennis-themed when I can

Thank you for the feedback
  10. RegiFlame150

RegiFlame150

Aw, nuts. Missed the RU and UU and those are my good teams...
  11. viashinomage

viashinomage

when is ubers already!!! (at least i have background knowledge there)
  12. ThisMysteriousGuy

ThisMysteriousGuy

After RU Open Round 1 ends. The deadline for that tour's 1st Round is today, so I expect Ubers to start very soon.

EDIT: If you read the first post, it says will probably signups will open tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if it starts tomorrow though.
  13. viashinomage

viashinomage

so is there going to be a running tally of the point totals or are we going to have to keep track of it ourselves?
    If the latter, I'll probably go through and make a thread (assuming the moderators let me)
  14. Vinc2612

Vinc2612 I guess I'll never learn
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

15. viashinomage

viashinomage

16. AuraRayquaza

AuraRayquaza

when is lc open signups starting?
  17. Aerrow

Aerrow hunter
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tomorrow; around 12 PM EST.
  18. Iconic

Iconic
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

now that kokoloko has been eliminated from the LC open, the playoffs are almost set. the top 6 spots have been filled, but heist, malekith, and nelson-x are all tied for 7th place. to break this tie, the three of them will have a bo5 in the five grand slam tiers. the top two will move on to the playoffs. i'm announcing this now to give them plenty of time to get their teams ready. good luck fellas
  19. kokoloko

kokoloko yes, this is dog.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

20. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

just do top 16 you putz
  21. kokoloko

kokoloko yes, this is dog.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

I'll even take top 12
  22. Iconic

Iconic
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

to da playoffs!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)