1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon IRC Channel Directory

Discussion in 'Smogon IRC' started by Birkal, Jul 15, 2012.

1. BattleStar

BattleStar

I would be interested in taking over the OP, what more has to be done though?
  2. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

If my little #lol channel is being put in can #smogcraft be as well for all general minecraft related discussion and information about the smogon minecraft server as well.
  3. Django

Django
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

similarly can we add #smogdota ?
  4. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnus
    CAP Head Mod

I moved this to the Smogon IRC forum because it's a lot more applicable here. If one of the AOps wants to take control of this OP and finish it up quick, they're more than welcome.
  5. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto

I really think #doubles needs to be added :>
  6. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

If you want a channel to be added, check with the owner first, and then you can write a description for it. If you have anything to add to the current descriptions, that would be appreciated as well.
  7. jrp

jrp Waves grow frigid as darkness freezes light
    is a Tiering Contributor

birkal do you mind if I just merge the auth list with this thread's descriptions
  8. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnus
    CAP Head Mod

Sure, but some of these will likely need to be updated.
  9. Reapehify

Reapehify

#pokemon

Edit: Just testing the code, looking for a quick link to the mIRC. If no one is going to finish the front I wouldn't mind doing it.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  10. Yuri

Yuri

#warau is more or less the /b/ of #smogon, except with less CP and more CK.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  11. Agape

Agape

#flamel is the channel of Circus Maximus tabletop RPG enthusiasts.
  12. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

#doubles :o
  13. alkinesthetase

alkinesthetase <@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

lol damn this thread is out of date
    i'll clean it up at the end of the week or something, or maybe we can just lock this one and make a new one

not really sure whether or not social channels should be on the list (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/purpose-of-the-appeals-forum.3480823/ - this forum is mainly for the "semi official" channels referenced in aldaron's post, that list is also probs a bit out of date) but staff nerds will discuss it soon
    Pocket likes this.
  14. DTC

DTC ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

updating this now because this shit needs to get done. if you think any additional channels should be added / removed feel free to comment, i'm sure i missed a lot of things that needed to be changed as i did this on a whim.

Channels Added:
    • #xyuu
    • #xyqc
    • #safari
    • #smogdota
    • #doubles
    Channels Removed:
    • #battlecap (dead)
    • #fighting (dead)
    • #genvuu (replaced with xyuu)
    • #shinx (dead)
    • #dw (what's a dw?)
    • #smogon and #warau (mostly dead and shouldnt be mentioning these two channels in a directory anyways as they are older social channels)
    • #vgc (dead and no longer smogon supported)
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    Pocket likes this.
  15. megayokim

megayokim

Since the battle finder is still down and the forums i find a bit iffy for setting up battles would it be ok to set up an irc for battles? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about it but in my experience i find irc one of the better ways of setting up a battle. If someone has already had this idea and it has been dismissed or approved that i dont know of i apologize.
  16. DTC

DTC ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Keep that in #safari. I don't think there would be enough interest for a separate channel just for searching for wifi battles.
  17. megayokim

megayokim

Well i am in safari and there isn't a massive amount of people to battle but , i'll take it as a no but if the problem is interest i could take it upon myself to try it out and get dissapointed. Thanks anyways
  18. Pwnemon

Pwnemon youngjake93 is a valuable midseason pickup
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

Add #smogonvgc, #vgc's spiritual successor
    Pocket likes this.
  19. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Thanks, DTC! #mentor needs some lovin, too
    Redew and DTC like this.
  20. Redew

Redew
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

idk why fate didnt want #grammar in there but it really helps the analyses writers to get a hold of us when they need to :x
    Pocket likes this.
  21. Lemonade.

Lemonade. fluffy bird
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

DTC sux, remove smogdota or change
  22. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Jack of All Trades

I added #pss, Smogon's official breed/trade channel.
    Hulavuta likes this.
  23. RODANK

RODANK Dont Worry Bae Ill Talk To You About SpaceTime Over FaceTime
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor

#firebot should be added probably
  24. Audiosurfer

Audiosurfer have one on me
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnus

#battlespot for all battle spot metas and such
  25. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego No matter if it seems so hard, friends are near
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

#grammar is no longer secret

#grammar is the official channel of the Smogon Grammar-Prose Team. You can use it if you want to request that someone look over your analysis, are curious about any changes made in a GP check, or want to ask about learning to be a part of the Grammar-Prose team.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)