Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - July 2010

Thanks for the stats, Doug!

This batch of stats seemed predictable to me. Everyone missing Mence thought Nite would be Mence Lite, so it gained some usage as the most powerful dragon left in the tier. The only thing that didn't really make sense is Starmie, but it has always been solid, especially to clean up, like IcyMan28 said.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Magnezone is dropping like a rock.

(Yes!)

Wow I can't believe how low Shaymin usage is. I swear that thing is everywhere. That STAB seed flare and better typing make it hugely more threatening than Celebi.
I think Celebi will always have a higher rank than Shaymin mainly because it can check Breloom and has access to Recover. Not to say Shaymin doesn't have its uses as well (Seed Flare will always be awesome).

Starmie isn't the most surprising thing in the world. It's a bit higher than I expected, but it has been OU for like the past 10 years.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Shaymin is a much better offensive pokemon because Seed Flare is so spammable and it's much harder to force out. Celebi does defensive (Recover, Fighting resist, T-Wave) and Scarf (Trick/U-Turn) better.

I honestly thought that Dragonite's usage would be a little bit higher than it is. With decent bulk and access to Extremespeed, Dragonite can effectively check the likes of Infernape, Starmie, Shaymin, Breloom, and Jolteon.

Starmie's high usage was expected for me. I just wonder why it took this long for people to use it like this. LO Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Hydro Pump wreak havoc on offensive teams, while Rapid Spin destroys Stall. Even with Mence, people should have used Starmie as a scarfer for the DD set.

Anyway, thanks, Doug. These stats will definitely be useful for me when I make my next RMT.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
I think that, when raging about how the likes of Shaymin and Dragonite are low in usage, people are forgetting that Salamence wasn't banned for anything like the whole of the month. It's number 18! August stats should give us a more accurate picture of the metagame. Expect Scizor to drop lower (iirc it was down to 7 on Suspect).

I'm not really surprised about Starmie's usage. It was always a major offensive threat to most teams. Besides, LO Starmie is the anti-metagame Pokemon. It can single-handedly break most F/W/G cores apart.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I just came back from vacation, so I couldn't thank you for these stats, Doug. Sorry, but thanks! I thought Suicune would be at least 17th, but I guess people like Swampert more.

UU Top 10 July 2008/2009/2010 (and rankings in 2010)

2008 2009 2010
1. Steelix (42) Roserade (BL) Milotic
2. Claydol (31) Registeel Venusaur
3. Rotom (14) Mismagius Mismagius
4. Hitmontop Milotic Spiritomb
5. Clefable (11) Uxie Arcanine
6. Swellow (28) Yanmega (BL) Uxie
7. Ninetales (69) Blaziken (20) Registeel
8. Hitmonlee (21) Hitmontop Rhyperior
9. Toxicroak (23) Ambipom (13) Houndoom
10. Leafeon (43) Azumarill (18) Hitmontop

Hitmontop heh.

Roserade isn't BL, it's OU. In fact, Roserade jumped up to OU before getting the chance to be nominated (it was probably next after Yanmega), so it'd actually fall right back to UU should it lose enough usage.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Yeah, with the Dragon/Steel era over, Toxic Spikes are now much better - there're a lot more bulky waters around, and poison also cripples stuff like Shaymin.

Roserade is also able to combat bulky waters along with Celebi / Shaymin, not to mention Charge Beam Rotom-A (who does pretty well with a Substitute up against the Grass/Fire/Water cores).

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Choice Band Dragonite is really, really good at the moment actually. With the rise of teams like Lead/Fire/Water/Grass/Ghost/Dragon, many teams' bulkiest Steel is Heatran, which takes 48.3% - 57.3% from an Adamant CB Outrage (and can't do anything back).

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I played Suspect 2 months ago and the stats right now make me sad. Breloom at #1 lead ... there must be VERY few players D=

Choice Band Dragonite is really, really good at the moment actually. With the rise of teams like Lead/Fire/Water/Grass/Ghost/Dragon, many teams' bulkiest Steel is Heatran, which takes 48.3% - 57.3% from an Adamant CB Outrage (and can't do anything back).
After SR damage and two turns of Sand Storm Dragonite is KOed by a Timid Max Special Attack Dragon Pulse............

Okay, I'm... I WAS... the only person who ran Scarftran with Dragon Pulse since it fucked over Adamant Kingdras/Dragonites that wanted to set up on me. I would still be if it wasn't for Shoddy getting taken away.

Hmm. 5.2 out of 100 Shoddiers don't bother to set an ability or use a SKILL SWAP STARMIE.
Oh, and Magnezone dropping like a rock? Damn Scizor drop in usage.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
It's quite funny when you get to set up on the second Sleep Powder from Roserade because you accidentally gave your Starmie Illuminate... But yeah, Illuminate is the default in the Team Builder which really kinda sucks.

amazing changes this month.

milotic is number 1 in UU.

machamp climbs to no. 2 lead (beat aerodactyl D:).

heracross is WAY too powerful for UU. slap a choice scarf on it, press an attack and win the game (sorta :P), once checks are eliminated.]

heatran jumps to no. 1 (OWNED SCIZOR IN YO FACE!).

dragonite has a HUGE jump.

awesome stats in july :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)