1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - September 2008

Discussion in 'Pokémetrics' started by DougJustDoug, Oct 6, 2008.

1. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Administrator

Awesome stats. Any chance we could see hidden power usage split to show the type, though?
  2. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

I'd like to do that in November. We'll see if I can get it done. I have several other programming projects that are priority right now. But, I'd like to break out the Hidden Powers.
  3. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

It is abundantly clear from these stats that many many random noobs play Standard as well as the established players. The amount of noobs in the three other ladders is much less.
  4. ParanoidDrone

ParanoidDrone

I just thought of something: Starting whenever Species Clause is properly implemented, Rotom Appliances will count as 1 Pokemon iirc. However, would it be possible to provide some sort of spread indicating how often the different forms were used? Just something like 35% Toaster, 25% Wash, 15% Cut, 15% Frost, 10% Spin? (I hope those add up to 100...) It would still help in deciding which Rotom form is most important to prepare for.
  5. Jenigmat

Jenigmat

Just look at the percent of each Rotom form carrying the special move.
  6. Lemmiwinks MkII

Lemmiwinks MkII

That would be inaccurate though as not all of the Rotom forms used carry one of the special moves.
  7. Drab Emordnilap

Drab Emordnilap

Yeah, but if they don't use a special move, it doesn't matter what form they are.
  8. Kitamerby

Kitamerby

| Marowak | Ability | Lightningrod | 11.6 |
    ...Okay, what's wrong with this picture?

Anyways, these are quite interesting...
  9. Kalec

Kalec

This seems as good a place as any to ask: why are Magmar and Electabuzz banned from UU?
  10. BlakBlastoise

BlakBlastoise

They are not fully evolved. I think this belongs in the simple question thread.
  11. SHUCKLE MAN

SHUCKLE MAN

Yeah, it seems stupid doesn't it. But don't worry, as I understand it, they'll be allowed in UU next month (although Magmortar will be allowed too, and I don't know if Magmar's extra Speed is worth it)!
  12. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

That should be fixed soon.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)