1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Tour Finals - Season 7 - Finals! [Won by Loki]

Discussion in 'Smogon Tour' started by Aeolus, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshe

joshe the best

Flax is very good, but I think Loki will win this.
  2. Takua

Takua

Flax will win this! =)
  3. SoT

SoT Yes please!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Loki, cause I've never heard of flax. :)
  4. twash

twash
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Loki the best,
    Loki the greatest,
    Loki the winner..

Well done to Flax on 2nd too!! Good job.

Came down to the 1-1 last move...very close games!
  5. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yessssssss Low Key is the High Key!

Congrats Loki, well played Flax!
  6. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

That was a great series of battles to witness.

Congratulations to Loki, and mad props to Flax for pushing it right down to the last Pokemon.
  7. Flax

Flax

Congrats Loki... :)

Lost OU and won UUs...
    I thought I had the Ubers, but this scarf in the last turn surprised me very much, damn, but whatever, it's ok, it's fine with me for being stupid 2 turns before :D

Made it that far but not far enough that people'll remember me =(

//edit:
    P.S.: I don't want to forget to thank 3 people for their help:
    Sapientia, you helped me in nearly every important match, you were always there, thank you a lot!
    Purple Weezing, same to you, until the finals, but your help was important, too.
    Mind., for helping me in Ubers and a few other things, thank you very much, even if you aren't German >:[
    (And thanks to a few other guys, but i dont want to make a list in here, thats gay lol)
  8. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

Congratulations on the win, Loki. Flax put up an excellent fight. Well done. ^_^
  9. Jimbo

Jimbo take me anywhere
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Did I seriously miss the battles by mere minutes ;_;

Congrats Loki!
  10. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Gahhhh god damnit, I missed the battles. I wanted to watch them. Regardless, Congratulations Loki.
  11. Sapientia

Sapientia custom user title
    is a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

poor flax, congrats loki!
    3 exciting, close and almost hax-free matches, that's how a finale should be :)
  12. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

WHY DID I MISS THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

gg everyone for getting as far as they did and congrats loki
  13. Binabik

Binabik

the slow rock polish groudon and the deoxys-attack made the uber battle worth watching the whole final, even if germans lost

ggs, really awesome games
  14. Loki

Loki like seashells
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Champion

thanks guys !

all three battles were really intense, especially ou and ubers which both came down to the last pokemon. props to flax for putting up such a great fight, he definitely proved he deserved to be here.

finally, I woudl like to thank my pokmon, they train real hard for this moment...
  15. NightFalcon

NightFalcon

Woooooo Loki. I knew you'd win some kind of tourney(Smogon Tour or ST5).

Great effort by Flax. I now take back anything I said >_>.
  16. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

Good work son. Way to add another trophy to the family's collection.
  17. goofball

goofball
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 4 Champion

good job dad I knew you could do it :D
  18. Aeroblacktyl

Aeroblacktyl The pizza doesn't scream in the oven! LOL!
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

i hate it when twist of fate posts cause i see the same 3 pages in that order and i think right away "wtf i didnt post here"
  19. gec

gec i've been crawling through the falling
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Didn't see the match, but from what I hear it was damn close. Flax if you're disappointed just remember as people are saying here you brought it right down to the last Pokemon, with probably the best player here. That in itself is a victory for you man.
  20. Lunar Solstice

Lunar Solstice

Congrats Loki. You too flax. 2nd place is a huge accomplishment, still.
  21. Veteran In Love

Veteran In Love
    is a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 3 Champion

like i said to goofball, welcome to the club, pull up a chair and have a drink
  22. X-Trader

X-Trader

23. Astamatitos

Astamatitos

Congratulations Loki. :)

I hope someone managed to record those three games.
  24. Endeby

Endeby formerly Andeby

I though Flax would win OU and lose UU, not viceversa. Congrats to both of you!
  25. Malfunction

Malfunction

Congratulations for winning this Loki, and congratulations Flax, for getting to such a great accomplishment :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)