Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: August 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

p2

Banned deucer.
| 63 | Suicune | 1.895% |

that's a lot lower than I expected considering how good Suicune is right now

can we just make a petition to force drop ambipom and never allow it to move up? :P (maybe typhlosion and cinccino too)
Hitmonchan actually moved down to NU after a very long time so it just proves that it's also possible for Ambipom. For Typhlosion, it's banned from NU so it cannot move down.

Hitmonchan actually moved down to NU after a very long time so it just proves that it's also possible for Ambipom. For Typhlosion, it's banned from NU so it cannot move down.
Hitmonchan was on the lower end of the usage stats when it was RU. Ambipom, on the other hand, is usually in the 20-30 range, and often in the top 10 for the low ladder.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Dear OU: Please stop using Celebi, Zapdos, and maybe Mew I guess. Hell, stop using Conk too because then people will stop using cancer Machamp. Pretty please?

still,looking at problem,ambipom will take even longer,if not,will stay in RU
Dear OU: Please stop using Celebi, Zapdos, and maybe Mew I guess. Hell, stop using Conk too because then people will stop using cancer Machamp. Pretty please?
and sylveon

But Mew is actually pretty decent. It's Sylveon that's kinda weak.

| 21 | Donphan | 9.305% |
| 42 | Vaporeon | 6.294% |
| 44 | Espeon | 6.275% |
| 55 | Milotic | 4.907% |
| 57 | Cloyster | 4.261% |
| 59 | Goodra | 4.136% |
The cancer mons of UU. I seriously can't believe amazing mons like Dragalge and Kyurem are less commonly used than these.

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Most of those mons aren't even that bad. It's really not worth bitching about any of those UU mons because none of them are anywhere near as bad as Scrafty or Trevenant when they were in UU, and all of those mons you listed are actually usable and perfectly viable Pokemon in UU. Sure they aren't that great nor are they really staples of UU, and they are by no means some amazing Pokemon, but they're not gutter trash like Ambipom in RU. The only one that is questionable is Milotic, since it is overshadowed by most bulky waters, but it is an objectively decent Pokemon and can work if you want it to. Sure, they aren't as viable as a lot of the other UU mons, but they're not useless at all and have their niches that some teams may want.

Honestly outside of maybe Milotic, UU's tier list is pretty fine right now. UU does have some mons that are, well, less viable than the other mons in the tier, yes, but nothing currently UU is utter garbage like Ambipom in RU.

Hey, Zapdos is pretty legit in OU. Sure it's flawed but it can usually pull its weight as a bulkmon and defogger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)