Smogon Wi-Fi Tournament #2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it that the Item Clause is just non-negotiable thing then, eh?
I hope not, because I fully agree with your previous post about item clause strengthening teams that use sandstorm/residual damage, while simultaneously weakening teams that don't. Item clause also makes Tyranitar even harder to beat because some pokemon that were 3HKOed by it when holding lefties can now be 2HKOed. I understand that when not enforcing item clause some people mindlessly put lefties on all their pokemon without any thought, but that's their loss, right? In a non-item clause tournament, people who don't put thought into other items will learn to when they get beaten by that Mence that was holding an ice-resist berry, or that Togekiss holding Metronome.

Are sharked Pokemon with illegal areas of capture, but entirely legal stats and movesets alright?
Just to be clear about hacking: Would a Kingdra with legit stats but Illegally caught (Say, on route 2) be allowed?

And do all the teams have to be traded to the Council?

Just trying to avoid confusion here ;)
I think this question was asked 3 or 4 [or 5 now] times and Sonuis said that yes it would be considered hacked and you would be disqualified. Catch the ****ing Pokemon yourself people... Some of us spent 75+ hours on our teams. I don't see why you'd have to hack to find a Kingdra or what not. If it's version exclusive, trade for it and breed it. If you're in this tournament, you should have WiFi so I don't see what the problem is.
[brackets are mine]

Does that more or less answer the question?

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Item clause is non-negotiable. If you don't want to play by item clause, don't enter the tournament.

Definitely interested in this tournament; I have only a handful of EV trained Pokes so I'd better get moving in time for the tournament.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Item clause is non-negotiable. If you don't want to play by item clause, don't enter the tournament.
Additionally, if you think Sand Stream is that broken with Item Clause in effect then base your own team around it.

Meh, hopefully without Evasion and Wobbufet in the way, everyone will get to see overcentralized Tyranitar makes the metagame. And for all those complaining about Sandstream (me included) w/ item clause, it should only be a problem for this tourney. I'm pretty sure we're gonna see a couple of bans to Uber for certain pokes soon.

I want to know how exactly hackers are going to be caught? I was one of the people knocked out by raidos in the last tournament, and I didn't know he hacked until a few rounds later after I was beaten by him(though I did wonder how he OHKO'ed by Marvel Scale Full HP Milotic with non boosted Garchomp EQ).

I am with Firestorm here - My team is 100% legit that I spent many hours on. But honestly, you can get a full team done in a week. It took me about 6 hours to breed, EV train and level up my Relaxed Forretress to Level 39(to learn Gyro Ball). I did get a bit lucky as only my 14th Forretress Egg had an IV spread of 26/22/27/x/31/x, but even the Pokemon I bred that took a bit longer to get a good IV spread didn't take more than a day. I went through 90 Diglett eggs, and that was the most eggs I have ever had to go through for a Pokemon.

Interesting. I'm hoping I can make this tournament, sounds interesting. I had to miss the last one because of an event I had to attend to.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I want to know how exactly hackers are going to be caught? I was one of the people knocked out by raidos in the last tournament, and I didn't know he hacked until a few rounds later after I was beaten by him(though I did wonder how he OHKO'ed by Marvel Scale Full HP Milotic with non boosted Garchomp EQ).
zerowing reported to us that his +5 modded Lucario's Close Combat only did 1/4th damage to a Salamence.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=451407&postcount=6

This is max++, but even if there's absolutely no EVs and a Hindering nature, there will still be enough ATK to deal more than 1/4th damage for Close Combat from Lucario to Salamence. You should've reported that to us, and since that was an obvious damage error, raidos would've been DQ'd.

You know the time was from 2:00 pm EST, What would that be in GMT? (British, btw). If its not too late, then I may be able to join. Ill porbably be out first round, though

Sandstorm teams aren't that hard to deal with even with item clause on. Most if not all sandstorm teams have a big weakness to a mixed Infernape. If you're really afraid of sandstorm, try using a rain dancer such as Ludicolo or Kingdra. In any case, I'm glad that the council is making a good effort to stop hackers in this tournament, as I supposedly got knocked out by a hacker last time. Looking forward to participating in this tournament either way.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Please do not use hacked Pokemon. This includes Game Shark and Pro Action Reply. Though this is mute, we must trust people. We have a team that will check your Pokémon if suspicions arise. ANY FORM OF HACKING IS ILLEGAL AS LONG AS WE FIGURE IT OUT! THIS INCLUDES CATCHING POKÉMON IN PLACES WHERE THEY AREN'T FOUND, ILLEGAL MOVE SETS, STAT PUMPS, ILLEGAL EV DISTRIBUTION, AND ANYTHING ELSE!

STOP
ASKING.

That's kind of stupid. As long as they have legal stats and movesets they should be allowed. I have a very busy day and I dont have the time to build a fully EV trained team.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Neo The On3 said:
That's kind of stupid. As long as they have legal stats and movesets they should be allowed. I have a very busy day and I dont have the time to build a fully EV trained team.
Clearly you don't have time to battle over wifi either; let us know when your schedule clears up.

I am with Firestorm here - My team is 100% legit that I spent many hours on. But honestly, you can get a full team done in a week. It took me about 6 hours to breed, EV train and level up my Relaxed Forretress to Level 39(to learn Gyro Ball). I did get a bit lucky as only my 14th Forretress Egg had an IV spread of 26/22/27/x/31/x, but even the Pokemon I bred that took a bit longer to get a good IV spread didn't take more than a day. I went through 90 Diglett eggs, and that was the most eggs I have ever had to go through for a Pokemon.
While I agree with "no hacking", breeding is still heavily reliant on lady luck even in the best of circumstances.

Case in point: I was breeding Skitty with Wish for breeding it onto an Eevee in turn. It took me 25 Skitty eggs to get one male for passing on Wish, and I should have taken that as a bad omen because it took me another hundred odd Eevees or so to get a bold one with stats that weren't an atrocity against God.

You could probably argue that, if you had no outside commitments (ie job, school) you could breed and train a team in a week, but unless you trade breeding is the major cockblock and sometimes the RNG just doesn't like you. Of course, the satisfaction of breeding a kickass Pokemon makes it worth it.

I do think banning based upon illegal catch spots is kind of silly, but hey. For the sake of all of the competitors, just don't be stupid and do something that even remotely affects the match in any way. Even a single extra EV point over the 510 cap could mean a cheated victory.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I agree with "no hacking", breeding is still heavily reliant on lady luck even in the best of circumstances.

Case in point: I was breeding Skitty with Wish for breeding it onto an Eevee in turn. It took me 25 Skitty eggs to get one male for passing on Wish, and I should have taken that as a bad omen because it took me another hundred odd Eevees or so to get a bold one with stats that weren't an atrocity against God.

You could probably argue that, if you had no outside commitments (ie job, school) you could breed and train a team in a week, but unless you trade breeding is the major cockblock and sometimes the RNG just doesn't like you. Of course, the satisfaction of breeding a kickass Pokemon makes it worth it.
Did you bother to try the Everstone trick? xD Makes things much easier. When you're getting the right Nature half the time, passing down the IVs becomes much easier as you're more likely to get the ones you want on the right Nature. If you were playing on Ruby or Sapphire (or Fr/Lg), then fair enough, but all these Ability and Item additions in Emerald and D/P make things much quicker...

Now I think everyone should just put a stop to the hacking talk like Surgo said, if you hack in any way, don't enter. Simple as.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)