Smogon Wi-Fi Tournament #2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to these boards and I have a question. I checked the thread titled "all you need to know about smogon tournaments" but the link did not work. How does this whole "online" tournament thing work, and I register the day before, but how? Sorry, I really want to compete but I'm confused and I would appreciate anyone to explain to me how the tourney works and what I need to do to enter.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well at the moment the main website is unfinished I think, so that's why the link doesn't work.

There will be a sign ups thread posted sometime in the near future, though I'm not sure on the date yet since that hasn't been stated. On the sign up thread, you'd just have to post saying that you want to be in the Tournament, and you're in. That's how it works.

For Wi-Fi tournaments however, you'll need to use IRC chat to compete (not to sign up). I'm sure one of the mods can help you with that.

Did you bother to try the Everstone trick? xD Makes things much easier. When you're getting the right Nature half the time, passing down the IVs becomes much easier as you're more likely to get the ones you want on the right Nature. If you were playing on Ruby or Sapphire (or Fr/Lg), then fair enough, but all these Ability and Item additions in Emerald and D/P make things much quicker...
Um, yeah, I used the Everstone trick. Didn't help that the best Eevee I got in the second gen using an Everstone (28/21/28/28/31/x) was lonely instead of the bold I wanted. They improved the breeding methods, sure, but 50% of having right nature * 50% of having right ability (if applicable) * low ass chance of getting 4-5 good IVs, even with good parents = a low percentage in the best circumstances.

That weekend will be amazing. I just completed a well working team after many drafts and many many hours since the September of last year. So here is where I will have to put it to the test. Harry Potter and a Pokemon tournament in one weekend. What could be better then that?

Hmm... I'm interested, Hope I can finish off my team by then, got a few guys to polish up before I start though. Does anyone know the times in GMT? Thanks in Advance ^.^

~Will~

I have a question. It's kind of situational, but it deals with the "hacking is illegal" rule.

Let's say my team is made of entirely hacked pokemon caught from areas where they aren't found, but they have no illegal EV distribution, no illegal IVs, and everything else about them is completely legal. Would I still be able to participate?

alex

the best stuff on earth
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I have a question. It's kind of situational, but it deals with the "hacking is illegal" rule.

Let's say my team is made of entirely hacked pokemon caught from areas where they aren't found, but they have no illegal EV distribution, no illegal IVs, and everything else about them is completely legal. Would I still be able to participate?
Read the thread. Read the thread. Read the thread. Read the thread. Read the thread. Read the thread.

Read the thread. Read the thread. Read the thread. Read the thread. Read the thread. Read the thread.
I did. I did. I did. I did. I did. I did. :P I just don't see why they aren't allowed if they're hacked from an area where they aren't found, but their stats and other things are still within legal competing rules (Legal EVs, IVs, etc.)

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Please do not use hacked Pokemon. This includes Game Shark and Pro Action Reply. Though this is mute, we must trust people. We have a team that will check your Pokémon if suspicions arise. ANY FORM OF HACKING IS ILLEGAL AS LONG AS WE FIGURE IT OUT! THIS INCLUDES CATCHING POKÉMON IN PLACES WHERE THEY AREN'T FOUND, ILLEGAL MOVE SETS, STAT PUMPS, ILLEGAL EV DISTRIBUTION, AND ANYTHING ELSE!

how is this seriously not clear?

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So if the game goes over 1 hour (ish), would the person who's in the lead be declared your winner?
Yes. If it's a tie, then we will decide based upon the status of the battle. Disconnects will also be judged similar. If an amount of time ticked down (let's say it's the first 20~ minutes of the round) and a disconnect happens, we're not going to tell you to restart your battle. Just because the match dc'd at 6-6 and you were up against a Gyarados who had a few (Let's say 3) Dragon Dances, doesn't sound like you've got much of an advantage. Oh, you're at a Neutral standpoint also against the Gyarados.

Since there's Sleep Clause, if somebody uses Encore on Hypnosis, Spore, etc, and it's broken in such a manner as that does it count as breaking Sleep Clause meaning the opponent loses or since it was forced does it not count? ~_~

Oh, I SO wish I could play in this tourney, but sadly, I do have D&D commitments tomorrow. However, I do wish everyone the best of luck, and a good swift kick to the fork of the legs to anyone who wants to cheat at a video game.

I am just letting you guys know that i skipped second service so i can be in as a sub or something anyone needs one.

Geez, I just woke up. I'm so sorry =|
I'm losing this toruney due to an anime event we had yesterday, and I came home late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)