1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 11

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by Cooper, Jan 7, 2008.

?

Whose art will we use for the Syclant sprite?

Poll closed Jan 9, 2008.
  1. KingofAnime - KoA

128 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. CyzirVisheen

84 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. DougJustDoug

10 vote(s)
    4.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooper

Cooper
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, no BP. Swords Dance will be learned by TM, and tail Glow is received by breeding from Volbeat. This also limit the special sweeping abilities of Syclant outside his STAB, because it's impossible to get Tail Glow and Earth Power.
  2. sanjay120

sanjay120

4/20/1979

THE COLONY MUST NEVER FORGET
  3. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

I have a CRAZY idea. I really love RockotheTacho's images. So i was looking through them when i came across this: http://rockothetaco.deviantart.com/art/Infernant-60219675 His entry says "Fire Ant". Now i was thinking of a Split evo? The first evo could be A normal type and evolves into Scylant or Infernant by stones. What do you think?

Edit: Not like Eevee. It would be like ranks in an Ant colony. Queen/Worker/Soldeir/Nurse/etc.
  4. Cooper

Cooper

I was originally going to shoot you down immediately, but you don't deserve that. Your idea makes sense, but I still say no. Having even a neutral bug evolve into either Ice or Fire pokemon would require some sort of event, like Glaceon had, and that would mean Nintendo would either need a place like the Ice Rock or a new stone. We didn't even want to ask for a new move, why would we want something like that?
  5. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

It was worth a try. It sounded ok, but i forgot there was no Ice Stone. Lol. So then might i suggest we use RocktheTacho as our designer from now on?
  6. Musashi1054

Musashi1054

As much as I hate to say it, I only really like a few of his creations. A lot of them are kind blah.
  7. Cooper

Cooper

Erm... no? Just because you think his art is impressive doesn't mean we can bypass the weeks-long art thread we had, as well as the three-part poll. He's welcome to participate, but "official designer" is out of the question.
  8. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

Ok. Again, just an idea.
  9. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

IMO Cyzir's was still the best even without an Animation.
  10. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

Now we know how Ninty/GameFreak feels when they have to make pokemon. Give them more respect in my opinion.
  11. MegaMewtwo

MegaMewtwo

Last I saw, this thing was planned to be in the bug and ground egg groups. Ground, as in Smeargle.
  12. Cooper

Cooper

I was only going to put it in Ground group for Earth Power, until I realized that Trapinch is Bug.
  13. Hyra

Hyra

Okay, I don't think Ice Beam/Focus Blast/Attack Order/Tail Glow is too bad though. I'm too lazy to check, but I think only Qwilfish and Tentacruel resist it.

Hm... and Attack Order/Ice Punch/Brick Break/Swords Dance for physical? Seems like the physical side will be easily walled by Steels because Superpower doesn't mix well with Swords Dance.
  14. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

How is a thing that have an fighting attack still walled by Steel type?
  15. Cooper

Cooper

Syclant isn't getting the Orders. They don't work flavor-wise, especially if this is a colony. Syclant can only be male, and therefore is a mindless drone incapable of ordering anything around. It's like Combee, I think.
  16. Deck Knight

Deck Knight A Knight for the Aegis
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

Most Steel walls have either insanely high defense (Steelix), are neutral to fighting (Bronzong), or both(Skarm and Forry).

Technically all workers and foragers in an ant colony are female, as the males are busy impregnanting and cleaning the Queen.
  17. Derek(PUK)

Derek(PUK)

TBH the pelvis of KOAs sprite looks liek shit how big it is and how much it goes forward. Cyvirs owns!
  18. sanjay120

sanjay120

When was this decided?
  19. RockoTheTaco

RockoTheTaco

I agree. Only Sannec, Pernade, Brikait'd and Skeletank are ones I'm proud of. Some are oughtright terrible, like Sectome...
  20. ULra

ULra

KOA gmv. Cyzir has no animation and Doug's is just too long.
  21. Arcadia Oni

Arcadia Oni

My vote goes to KoA, the sprite is very professional.
  22. Instinctive

Instinctive

WOW...dude i laughed so hard at that. I think it woul dbe a great dex entry. It should be in the next poll somehow.
  23. DrCrashMD

DrCrashMD

KoA's is the best, bar none. Doug's is a bit too... square, and Cyzir's is a bit too glittery.
  24. Hyra

Hyra

Thanks for reading. Cyzir will obviously be making an animation if he was chosen. Not likely now, but still this is why I want people to have to post to vote, we can correct them if they use faulty logic.
  25. andersatan

andersatan

I very much agree with you here, you vote KOA becuase no animation on, IMHO, the best one. vote on the actual sprite not the animation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)