SPL 7: UU Discussion Thread

Yeah I've had a hard time building teams in the past aswell I know how you feel, my team was created today because I figured that I might have to sub in because lochies decreased activity so I just tried to build something as solid as possible lol. After I saw i got subbed in that fast didn't even have time to test it at all so I went shaky into the match. Looking at my matchp I figured that it would be hard to win it especially if I give Entei enough free turns so I trieed avoid it. To turn 1 it was kind of a weird situation for me, I somehow had a calc in the head that Hydreigon would like never ohko Mega Beedrill, didn't even felt the need to calc. So after I protect Turn 1 and saw you draco'ing I kinda felt thought I had myself in win/win position, knowing that you would not attempt to lose mementum by dracoing Florges so i thought hey '' i either live this draco or i get a free uturn'', tbh i was even wanting to Drill Run the Entei or Toxi on the double but thought myself that I really had no reason to risk it at all :s. I couldn't give Entei free turns since my cune was offensive and doesn't really appreaciate switching into so there was that too. After that i was in a pretty safe spot and just had to play as safe as possible no real reasons to risk things and stuff. Overall was a good game i kind of got lucky with two crits in a row but I don't think that they mattered so much since i kept the upper hand in the game. Too bad I couldnt reveal my dank Florges set haha, but gg buddy #POlove.
Florges @ Kebia Berry
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 224 HP / 248 Def / 32 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Synthesis
- Calm Mind

Last edited:
So I did a quick calc in the last turns, and assuming max attack Machamp and 0/0 MAbsol, and Bullet Punch only killed if Band or LO (Or any other boosting item, really).

252+ Atk Machamp Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Absol: 73-86 (26.9 - 31.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Absol: 109-129 (40.2 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

With Absol being at 34% or so, it came down to item, or a +2 Superpower not killing.

Ballsy move either way.

tehy

Banned deucer.
you could've doubled on the superpower to empoleon and then BP kills with the -1

i.e., hope venomoth misses sleep powder and then you... confuse or crit it i guess. would've been better than the alternative though

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
you could've doubled on the superpower to empoleon and then BP kills with the -1

i.e., hope venomoth misses sleep powder and then you... confuse or crit it i guess. would've been better than the alternative though
Hikari didnt have bullet punch. That was the entire problem.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Venomoth cannot miss Sleep Powder against Machamp
dang, you got me so good .

what it can do, is fail to OHKO and get a 2-turn wake, then get confused and start hitting itself in confusion though :)

edit: well if you had substitute then I guess this entire theoretical was pointless! but since it was just idle speculation, i'm fine with that :)

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
He probably replaced Scald with Ice Beam. I'm guessing to help with DD Mence and Sceptile which can threaten to sweep his team, especially with MowTom giving free switches to Scep. Maybe it was CM so he kept Psyshock to beat SpD mons like Florges and Bliss

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
ORAS UU: Tesung vs Hikari - tesung is a strong player but hes not beating hikari D:
ORAS UU: xMarth vs bugzinator - i think marths the better player of the two but i wouldn't be surprised if bugsy won either
ORAS UU: Omfuga vs Ice Tea - should be interesting bc they both have a flare for making plays but pretty sure fuga has this
ORAS UU: Hogg vs dodmen - gonna be a great one
ORAS UU: kokoloko vs teal6 - these 2 are preforming the best overall out of the pool of uuers but theres no stopping teal

fun week

Which team of yours are you referring to koko? I did build this team myself some time ago, but didn't plan on using it. In the end I was forced to use this since my more creative builds ended up not being solid enough. I don't know how you guys feel about it, but I had a terrible time trying to come up with something original while also accounting for Entei, Mamoswine and Alakazam. Btw I was Hypnosis Zong so it's not quite as passive :o

The match itself was neither long nor very entertaining so I'll just give my quick take on it. Ice Tea outplayed me turn 1, even though I'm personally not a fan of potentially saccing your win con turn 1 when you already have a fantastic matchup, but it worked so I guess I can't complain. After that he just didn't have to choke, especially when crits and lack of Sacred Fire burns took away every last bit of counterplay I still had. Props to him for coming up with his nice team and his first SPL win though!
For entei and mamo I usually use something original like physically defensive suicune. I slap scald on there for innovation. It mostly renders the opponents entei useless. Unless it's like natural gift howl entei or specs freeze dry mamoswine but those are rare (and not that good).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)