[Standard] Lord of the Flies Mafia - The Stranded Win!

You wake up to find two messes to clean up. One of these deaths you are very sad about, but you aren’t sure what to think about the other death.

The first body to be found was that of zorbees, who you found on the ground with his head half off, his neck snapped. Someone had apparently put on some music from his favorite band that was sped up to 9 times the original speed, which caused poor zorbees to uncontrollably bang his head. The tremendous speed with which zorbees was capable of head-banging was ironically both what he was known for and the cause of death. You found this note engraved on his guitar:

Dear zorbees,
You are the Metal Fan.

\m/ \m/. You are the stereotypical long-haired metal fan who owns thirteen t-shirts from your favorite band, Contract With Darkness. Although you may appear evil on the outside, you want to help the Stranded so you can get back to civilization and to your music.

Since you dabble in witchcraft, you have a connection to the ultimate evil. You have developed a system through which you will perform dark sacrifices in exchange for some of your beloved metal. During the night, you MUST PM the hosts either "Night X - Cooperate" or "Night X - Defect." If you and your partner both cooperate, you will both gain three points. If you both defect, you both gain one point. If one cooperates and the other defects, the cooperator receives no points and the defector receives five. If either you or your partner is dead, the other will always gain one point and will no longer have to send in cooperation or defection PMs.

Any number of times in the game, you may spend your points to execute certain actions during the night. For three points, you may PM the hosts "Night X - Be an Avenged Sevenfold fan at USER." You will bang that user with your head and scream at him, keeping him from using his night action. For four points, you may PM the hosts "Night X - Put a pentacle around USER." This will raise a mystical shield that prevents any kills from affecting that user that night. Other abilities can still get through it, though. For five points, you may PM the hosts "Night X - Send demon familiar to watch USER." Your demon familiar will follow that user in animal form and bring back that user's full role PM. For eight points, you may PM the hosts "Night X - Send zombie to USER." You will raise a corpse from the dead and send it to go eat your target, killing him

You are allied with the Stranded. You win if the Stranded eliminate all threats.
You mourned his loss with a small ceremony involving a pentagram ritual and a prayer to Satan, and then you took his body to the beach to throw it into the ocean, where you found the second “body,” which belonged to HD.

You found him with a gigantic slash cut into his midsection. He was apparently filled with sand, although it was difficult to tell for sure because he was, afterall, on the beach surrounded by sand. The tag you found on him confirmed your suspicions.

Dear HD,
You are Sandbag.

What a pitiable character. You are just an innocent sandbag with big cute eyes, yet the fighters in Super Smash Bros. always beat you up to get items out of you or to knock you a long distance. After getting wrecked on the island, you have decided to do what you do best: help whoever solicits your assistance.

You are both a player in the game and an item. Like any other item, you may be given, recieved, and stolen. If your holder dies, you die as well. If you are killed independently from your holder, you die while your holder does not. Also, you are very large and heavy, so a user who is holding you cannot give, recieve, use, or steal any other items while holding you. Your weight also makes it so nobody can hold on to you for very long, so you must be passed at the end of every night, not counting Night 0. You are currently being held by <snip>.

You are allied with whomever holds you. You win if you are alive at the end of the game and your holder wins. If you die, you win if your last holder wins.
No ceremony was given for HD, as it was unclear if he was allied with you or not. You simply emptied the contents of the bag onto the beach and used the rest of him as a sleeping bag.

It was now time to decide who was responsible for these deaths.

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end 48 hours after today, or 2pm PST (GMT + 7) on Thursday, July 1st.

The grace period for early lynches has been reduced to 2 hours. I will give consideration to those that are in odd time zones, and if there is no active discussion in the thread for the first hour, I will commence with the lynch without waiting out the second hour.

EDIT: I believe all PMs are sent. If you didn't idle and did not get a PM yet please contact me.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
SUP BABES

You know the drill; I want all role PM's and night results forwarded to me ASAP. If you gave your claim to TIK, there is no guarantee that I have received it, so please resend it.

I want all result PMs within the next 24 hours so that we can have the other 24 hours for the most informed lynch vote possible. And if you do not come to me, I will hunt you down and talk to you. So yeah.

Just to stop a stupid stealth vote insta-deadline thing that would be really lame, I will vote No Lynch for now.

No one else vote, please, until I give the word.

What are yalls' opinions on Da Letter El? We pretty much agreed that TIK was still unclean last night but do you think that we should claim to him anyways due to lack of time? My answer would be no as I don't think it's late enough in the game that we need to make desperate acts. What do yall think?

Da Letter El

The more claims I can get now, the more informed lynch I can make today, the more organized our night actions will be (including my own inspections), and the better odds we have of winning.

You know, just throwing that out there.

If it isn't clear, I do not have a definitive lynch target yet. That's why it is imperative for everyone to get claims in ASAP, especially if you have a role that gathers information.

Da Letter El

If you have received a PM from me asking me for your role PM, have been online after I sent this request, and still refuse to send me a PM, you are at risk for being lynched. I'll decide on a lynch target in a few hours.

btw, majority is 12 today.

Also, there might be an extension to the deadline because I won't be here at deadline. It might be as long as 2-3 hours!

I think Staraptor Call has work so he can't do the update.

EDIT: nevermind I'll be here.

Da Letter El

Since apparently no one has any useful information role besides me, I've gone off of as much evidence as I could get.

Today I believe that we should lynch hailflameblast for right now. I do not have an inspection result to go off of, but I do have this that I received last night; I'm not going to post the entirety of what Anachro sent me after I subbed in, but here's this:

Your Night 1 results PM:
Dear Da Letter El,
<something about my inspection that doesn't need to go public yet imo and didnt hit a mafian>

Also, you heard a primal scream of rage come from hailflameblast last night. It was seemingly directed at you.
Ok, hfb's claimed fox from star fox. Foxes don't go into primal screams of rage...I received a similar story from another user.

Raverist seemed to think that hfb was Kanye West I think? I haven't talked to raverist, since he so conveniently ignored my PM to him for his claim and stuff (not that I trust him or anything), but yeah, i guess there's that too (but that doesnt fit this either...). Although there's a lot of fucked up stuff going down, like HFB says he's hooked but then that happens? I dunno.

But yeah, he's been really suspicious and we need to lynch someone, and I feel like hfb's my best target for right now [especially since a lot of you bitches havent claimed].

Finally, someone else claims the same thing that you do. HFB, I'll be on for like another hour and then should be on again tomorrow. If I am not satisfied enough to change targets, you can always godkill yourself and give us a couple other easy lynch targets. [EDIT: PLEASE DONT GODKILL YOURSELF BEFORE TALKING TO ME. PLEASE] Your death wouldn't be in vain. If you really are the village thief, since I know you're silenced, please godkill yourself [IF IT COMES TO IT] so that I can lynch the other claim. Getting a 1 for 1 here would be fine, plus it would give us evidence about Raverist.

-shrugs-

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
<HFB> I need to tell you all this. There's a rule which says the hosts can lie. Look at this, UncleSam apparently got a result which said something along the likes of me being Dracula, and N0, SCall sent me a message saying I had sores on my hand, but then said that I didn't. I'd just like to say, the hosts seem to have it in for me, since they are mentioning me
<HFB> In every update
<HFB> So guys, hold on the lynch
<HFB> And listen to me.
<HFB> Dale appears to be misinformed by the host's trolling

So there. Up to Da Letter El to interpret info.

HFB stated that were I mafia and if I were lynched d1, he'd be safe. If I were village, he'd be dead. I'll hold off voting right now, however, just to see how things pan out.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Lynch hailflameblast...Maybe.

I think we all want a bit more information before we start lynching somebody. So if the cat's holding your tongue, you may need to get it off and speak up.

Also: I don't believe that we can entirely rely on the fact that the hosts may be lying. If they were, it would be like relying on Cacturne (with Brightpowder that is) to always dodge moves in Sandstorm. It can be hit or miss, and in this case I believe if we can stack up enough evidence going either way, our vote can be a bit more "haxless".

And one last edit: It seems that because hailflameblast has the cursed orb, he can't speak to anybody via thread, so thus he has no defense other than that of what is said on IRC and through PMs. IF we take this democratically, then hailflameblast should be able to explain his reasons (other than what was said to VonFiedler) for why he shouldn't be lynched. Whoever get's that chance should just post them here on the thread so we can discuss what we should do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)