1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[Standard] Redwall Mafia - Redwallers and Altair win!

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Spiffy, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Johann

Johann

This is ridiculous. How could both mafia teams and wolves be discovered this quick? I dont think I could do that if I tried.
  2. Exarius

Exarius

I have to add on this one thing. I tried to kill zorbees, and I told my team (Scourge) that they should too. And considering I was pretty much "leading" us, I'd assume it was the case. But then I never received any confirmation PM from any on my team that they had received this. Even worse was that Spiffy had set up a "cast" in the team, which went TA > J^2 > bish > me. Thus, what TA sent in was considered the most important factor, if he sent in different than any others, his choice died. So I am wondering if he never sent in anything, and thus Spiffy/Coronis considered it that we decided on no kills tonight. Then again, this would be against what they said earlier:

[02:53] <~Spiffy> Yeah, you guys can send your teammates' PMs.

Oh, and the DM thing, Uncle: If you hadn't worked us out, we could have kidnapped him, off you, then off him or something.
  3. Improbability

Improbability

Th cruel could only kill every odd night by the way US.
    Edit: dw I just saw the spreadsheet. :L
  4. UncleSam

UncleSam

I figured that out based on the fact the Scourge could only kill every even night.

Edit:
    @Johann: ...thank you?
    @Exarius: My point was precisely that I had already confirmed your entire team, so it didn't matter whether or not you found my twin. The game was still over.
  5. Altair

Altair just who is the coon?

I would have hid from all night actions anyways so good luck killing me!
  6. Improbability

Improbability

7. Team Aether

Team Aether

Exa I did send in my actions for the last night, but I still have no idea how they didn't work. D:
  8. jigglypuffers42

jigglypuffers42

I never got to do anything this game because nook never died.

GG Redwallers
  9. THE_IRON_KENYAN

THE_IRON_KENYAN 0 vv 0
    is a Forum Moderator

Well, just because one cannot use ones time for the potential of his or her role doesn't mean that the person should be just waiting around for it to happen, doing nothing at all.

The time between the mafia one is in now and the one he or she will be in next is AT THE VERY LEAST considerable, so in order to improve at all one needs to come up with things to do on his or her own, whether it be something as simple observing people, reading into mafia history, conversing with the leader or as big as figuring out new ways to use your role, planning etc.
  10. jigglypuffers42

jigglypuffers42

Yes, that is a fair point. I believe I misphrased the post. I didn't just wait around for my power to come, I did plenty of stuff. By "I didn't get to do anything", I meant "I didn't get to use a night power".
  11. Spiffy

Spiffy

Sorry for being away the whole day.

First of all, it would have been nice to have been notified that the game was being called, seeing as I am the host.

Lynch Coronis

I do believe that this was the right thing to do, so I guess I can give Coronis props for that. I was waiting for a mafia that was about to be lynched ask for the opposite mafia to contact him. They might have had more of a chance, but with the death of the only mafia inspector, I knew things were drawing to a close.

Yes, Altair told me who his targets were before the game was called, so he should be a winner too. In case the mods don't read all of this:

ALTAIR WINS AS WELL AS THE REDWALLERS

Thank you guys for playing, even though I'm sure you guys were disappointed.

Postgame will be up sometime in the next two days.

EDIT: @Exarius: Team Aether was killed before he could pull off his kill on zorbees. That's why zorbees didn't die.
  12. jigglypuffers42

jigglypuffers42

I second Spiffy

Lynch Coronis
  13. UncleSam

UncleSam

BTW, Altair would have had no clue who his targets were had I not decided he would be allowed to win.
  14. Coronis

Coronis NORM!
    is a Battle Server Moderator

oh Spiffy....thanks for telling me Altair's new WC?

if anybody is keeping count, you guys need 10 more votes for majority.
  15. Improbability

Improbability

Come on guys follow my lead on this. Here's some logs as proof:

Coronis: lynch me
    Coronis: please
    Improbability: ok man if you say so

Sorry about lack of timestamps but I had them disabled. I think we can win this one!

[thanks spiffy and coronis for hosting]
  16. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

17. vonFiedler

vonFiedler GAMG GRGAK
    is a Community Contributor

I just copied a similar format from a previous game when I made my spreadsheet in Overkill 2. If there's a better way to do it, please make a strategic influence thread about it.
  18. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator

Yeah when unclesam added me to his sheet, i could not read it. but the game was basically over by that point, so it's not like it mattered.

but yeah, that was really painful to read...
  19. Exarius

Exarius

This is a very tempting idea... There are like 2-3 who knows how to do a good-looking sheet around here O_O (me, LN, Mekkah comes to mind, and I learned from Mekkah)

oh, and Lynch Coronis
  20. UncleSam

UncleSam

I didn't care how it "looked" since I was the only person meant to read it for the vast majority of the game. It wasn't nearly as ugly as it is now until I started to add people, so I tried to explain on the sheet some of the reasoning behind why some people were mafia.
  21. coolking49

coolking49

lynch coronis. didnt do much the whole game.
  22. Spiffy

Spiffy

Redwall Mafia Postgame

Redwall Mafia Postgame

Well here, it is, what you've all been waiting for! This next part is going to sound like I'm receiving an award, but I'd like to thank Coronis for cohosting the game with me, especially for that last update. Ending the game was the right move, but I was reluctant to because I had worked so hard on it. The reason I didn't call the game was because a mafia that was going to be lynched should have asked for the opposing mafia to contact him. Oh well. I'm sure some of you previous hosts have been in this situation before.

I'd also like to apologize for my behavoir towards some most of the game (particularly UncleSam). I was just pissed that the village was sweeping. Also, any of the new players that played this game, not all mafias end this way, and I would strongly encourage you to stick around for some other games. So without further ado, let's get started!

Role PMs

The Redwallers
    Come to think of it, I think I may have overpowered the village a bit, especially when they had a redirector. Oh well, too late now.​

Nook (open)

Player placement: I needed a somewhat experienced player who wouldn't just use the kill on someone that pissed him off.

Player performance: Hmmmm. He did forget to send in his night action two of the three nights (meaning an idling PM). But I guess he did kill Team Aether before he could kill the village bodyguard, so I guess that was good.

jigglypuffers42 (open)

Player placement: I put him here because I thought Nook would take him under his wing or something and guide him through the game. That was before I knew Nook very well. O_o

Player performance: Didn't really do anything wrong, despite being newer. He did tell me something about suspecting Crux of being mafia, (?_?) but other then that, did fine for his first game. Oh, and would have become one time vig plus inherit Matthias' kill (if he hadn't used it) if Nook died.

zorbees (open)

Player placement: I wanted the bodyguard to be an experienced player, but not be a target of a namekill or namespect by the mafia. zorbees fit both of these requirements

Player performance: He didn't do anything special, or block a kill, but he was active in the chatroom and had access to UncleSam's spreadsheet.

RaRe555 (open)

Player placement: I don't really know why I put him here, but it fit. O_o

Player performance: Didn't do anything wrong really. He did prevent a persuade/silence godkill on Kharozz when he copied the martyr, which wasn't good, but it didn't matter in the long run.

Flamestrike/Fagren/Fangren (open)

Player placement: Flamestrike seemed capable of taking on the inspector, so I gave it to him. But then he had to go on a stupid camping trip.

Player performance: Hit a mafia on the last day, but it didn't really matter. O_o

hailflameblast (open)

Player placement: He said he wanted to be village hooker, so I gave it to him.

Player performance: What was funny is that he hit non villagers all three times. So he did pretty well. :)

vonFiedler/askaninjask (open)

Player placement: I put vonFiedler here because he said he was visiting some friends for a few days and wouldn't have to do much. He subbed out anyway, so it didn't matter.

Player performance: askaninjask tried to get claims from the village, and he got some while UncleSam was kidnapped. And for some reason UncleSam suspected him as a mole for whatever reason. ?_?

ABT620 (open)

Player placement: Not really any reason I put him here. :/

Player performance: He really didn't, and couldn't, do much. His only target was Team Aether, who was mafia. O_o

UncleSam (open)

Player placement: I thought of giving UncleSam a try at a good leading role after his last six games of being mafia, and it looks like it worked. O_o

Player performance: Where do I begin. First of all, he basically united the village Night 0, claiming his twin's role for some reason, and began figuring out mafia members the instant he was released from his kidnap. He kept telling me his suspects for mafia (who were all correct, bar askaninjask) and it's HIS fault that this game ended early. But really, he played VERY VERY well. Would have become one time vig if DM were to die.

DM (open)

Player placement: No particular reason I put him here.

Player performance: Didn't do much. Not that he could have, because UncleSam was sending in his Night action every night. -.- And would have become a one time vig if UncleSam were to die.

coolking49 (open)

Player placement: Like many others, I have no real reason in putting him here.

Player performance: Didn't do anything that impacted the game too much. Martyred j-squared the last night, but j-squared died so it didn't matter.

BunnyMaster (open)

Player placement: BunnyMaster = Basil Stag Hare. Easy.

Player performance: Died pretty early to do anything great, but did help clean people, according to UncleSam, so that's a plus.

Crux (open)

Player placement: No particular reason. I was glad I did it though!

Player performance: I liked the cantaloupe rhyme. :)

Da Letter El (open)

Player placement: The point of a miller was to mole into the mafia, but it wasn't needed. Da Letter El had enough experience to pull this off, but I'm not sure if he realized that that was what it was for.

Player performance: I really have no idea if he did anything or nothing at all. Maybe if he could fill me in. :)

The Cruel

Kharozz (open)

Player placement: I didn't want an idiot leading the Cruel, especially when someone was in the game to specifically kill him. So I chose Kharozz. :)

Player performance: And he didn't really live up to my expectations. I don't really remember, but he made a mistake in giving away HD or something... I forget.

HD (open)

Player placement: I don't remember reading any games that HD was in where he was mafia, so I gave it a try.

Player performance: Didn't really do anything wrong, but he was found out by UncleSam early on due to acting suspiciously.

Improbability (open)

Player placement: I wanted to balance the mafias out skill level wise, so I put a relatively new player on the team to see how it would work.

Player performance: Did pretty well for his first mafia game. He may have only followed orders, but it seemed to me that UncleSam didn't know his alliance until the end.

Xyphang (open)

Player placement: Like zorbees, I didn't want the mafia bodyguard to be namespected.

Player performance: Didn't do anything wrong to make him suspicious. Claimed persuader, which was a pretty bold, but effective, move.

The Scourges

Team Aether (open)

Player placement: Same as Kharozz; didn't want the mafia leader to give himself away.

Player performance: Wasn't really around long enough to do anything to impact the game. He was inactive Night 0 too. -.-

bish/Johann (open)
    Player placement: Same with Improbability.

Player performance: bish claimed Redtooth, which was a very stupid move even for a newer player, and Johann wasn't around long enough to do anything.

j-squared (open)

Player placement: I felt j-squared deserved to have a pretty good role. Also, I wanted to avoid having a mafia inspector namespect every night.

Player performance: Chose to inspect zorbees Night 0, but changed it to ABT620 at the last moment. Bad luck. :/

Exarius (open)

Player placement: I wanted a more experienced user to help guide The Scourges, and Exarius fit perfectly.

Player performance: Did exactly what I put him there for. One night he had to send everyone's night actions. O_o

The Neutrals

Altair (open)

Player placement: I knew that only an experienced player could pull this off, but I didn't have anyone left so I had to put Altair there. :P

Player performance: Deceived UncleSam for a little bit, which caused UncleSam to spill BunnyMaster's rolename, and Altiar killed him. But the only real reason he won was because UncleSam told him who his targets were. What a great guy. O_o

assassinfred/theangryscientist (open)

Player placement: assassinfred seemed experienced enough to pull off a wolf.

Player performence: assassinfred wasn't in long enough to do anything, and theangryscientist didn't really have a chance at that point.

Rewards

Best Redwaller: UncleSam. Honorable mention goes to askaninjask and hailflameblast.
    Best Cruel: This is too tough to pick, but I'll have to go with HD.
    Best Scourge: Exarius
    Best Overall Player: Unclesam. Bet you guys didn't see that one coming.

Thank you all for playing, and although it was mildly disappointing, I believe we all learned a valuable lesson:

When in doubt, lynch Coronis.

BYE GUYS!
  23. Exarius

Exarius

lol. We had a randspect going for him N0 due to what he said in the thread about pro players, but had to change so we could slip into village easier (read: inspect who US wanted)

Oh, and edit rest of the postgame into that post when you get it up, ktnxbai.
  24. Flamestrike

Flamestrike

Yeah, when I remembered the mafia I panicked and went searching through the thread and whatnot praying I could fix things, then I realized I was subbed out, so I didn't have to worry about it. Then it hit me:
    "I HAD INSPECT FUUUUUU"
  25. UncleSam

UncleSam

Why would you curse the hosts for subbing you out when you went on a camping trip for a week? It's your fault you got subbed out, not theirs. I mean, the Redwallers probably would have won anyway, but losing our inspect for the first few nights could have been a big turnaround.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)