1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Suggestions

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Zarel, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Madotsuki

Madotsuki

Ooor it's just low priority. Didn't know it's already a suggestion, so I guess maybe eventually it'll happen?
  2. verbatim

verbatim Red like Roses
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

Turning off spectators opens up a significant amount of issues, especially with regards to how open tournaments "should be" (not open enough/too open). With regards to non-tournament matches, wanting to keep people out of your battle that you can already /ignore is somewhat selfish.

If there was an easier way to "make the site go faster" we would have already done so. Insofar as I'm aware the avatar issue is being looked at, but don't quote me on that.

The amount of restructuring and remodeling required for this would be very long and take away from many more important features (old gens/mechanical improvements). Its not that its low profile, its that its infeasible.

EDIT: I've been made aware that this is technically feasible, wether or not its in our best interests to put time into it is a question I do not have an answer for.
  3. UltiMario

UltiMario

How about a rematch button at the end of a battle so I don't have to go hunting through a constantly scrolling list of names for like a minute in order to challenge the same person multiple times?
  4. verbatim

verbatim Red like Roses
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

As of now you can fast challenge with the command /challenge username.
  5. oSeasons

oSeasons
    is a Tiering Contributor

I just came up with the best idea of all time. An admin should occasionally host tourneys on pokemonshowdown and the winner of the tournament gets inducted into the hall of fame.
  6. Respurs360

Respurs360

I just ask for a PM inbox function: need'em for my tourneys, i just log off before the tournament's done, so plz add it in Showdown
  7. Joim

Joim All promises become a lie, all that's bening corrups in time
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Additionally, /user is an alias and now you can click an user's name on the chat or PM to the same effect.
  8. Shurtugal

Shurtugal The Enterpriser.

Draw button please. Also, fix that cancel button!
  9. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

Draw button will not be done afaik, cancel button should be fixed already o.0 A fix was pushed to the server (and crashed it and fixed again).
  10. Shurtugal

Shurtugal The Enterpriser.

Why not :[ Some draws are legit!
  11. oSeasons

oSeasons
    is a Tiering Contributor

apparently, the draw button was being abused so they removed it :I
  12. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

There's no way to get back to the main page/server list once you're on a server. There should be a link to the main page in server lobbies, perhaps the logo at the top of the page can serve as one.
  13. Mynism

Mynism

It would be very interesting to introduce a "Disallow animations" preference. Probably many players and myself are surely bothered by them, making the game way too slow or freeze for the worst of us. Personally, I had to stop playing mons because of this.

ps : showdown is capitalist
  14. Eranu

Eranu

Ye, that would be a nice function. My ladder matches keep on freezing / lagging which, in combination with the time out function, usually cause me to lose my matches because of that making it hard to ladder.
  15. Vinc2612

Vinc2612 IT'S VINCE DUMBASS
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Agreed with Mynism, lag happens way too much
  16. Chieliee

Chieliee

BRING BACK MYNISM
  17. JustinIdea

JustinIdea

What about a 1v1 Tier like the Challenge Cup 1v1, except with the pokemon movesets used in Random Battle? The 1v1 game style is quick and fun, but I feel like more practical movesets would add to the experience.
  18. H-C

H-C

I agree with Mynism, I hate playing on Showdown because I always lag out or something like that.
  19. Jukain

Jukain fuck macle
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Would it be possible to make it so OU teams are always categorized as OU? Like, every suspect test you get OU (Suspect Test), OU (Current), and end up with just OU. Depending on when I make / made a team, it could be in any of these categories. It would be nice if the categories would count for any version of OU that pops up in suspect testing.
  20. Joim

Joim All promises become a lie, all that's bening corrups in time
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

It would be really cool if the server limited PMs so you can't say the same sentence twice in a row.
  21. LivingRhino

LivingRhino

I agree with Mynism, I have to wait alot due to the animations taking time to load. I have had trouble with this multiple times.
  22. ZoroDark

ZoroDark

Btw, I totally agree with him. It's the main reason I dislike playing on Showdown.
  23. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

Can I just say that if there COULD be less lag, wouldn't it be obvious that it would of been done? obviously changes are being made every day and so while PS might be less laggy over time, it is not a valid suggestion
  24. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

Is it just me or is there no way of seeing the exact HP of your own pokémon, just percentage? Can you hover over the display to see it or something I can't figure out? If not, that should probably get changed because there are a number of circumstances where it's extremely useful to see exact HP. :[
  25. Manitary

Manitary

They're below the lower right corner of the game field

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)