Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Agreeing with post above and adding maybe a no spectator clause?
Turning off spectators opens up a significant amount of issues, especially with regards to how open tournaments "should be" (not open enough/too open). With regards to non-tournament matches, wanting to keep people out of your battle that you can already /ignore is somewhat selfish.

Well, here's my suggestions.

Make the site itself a little bit faster. It sorta lags every-time I go there.
And keep the avatars that are used instead of just going to the trainer sprites all the time.
If there was an easier way to "make the site go faster" we would have already done so. Insofar as I'm aware the avatar issue is being looked at, but don't quote me on that.

Okay. How about a way to just sorta turn chat off? It lags like shit on Smogon's main server. There's too many fucking people. Can't we just simply check out and thus speed up our battling? Sounds like a simple thing to do.
The amount of restructuring and remodeling required for this would be very long and take away from many more important features (old gens/mechanical improvements). Its not that its low profile, its that its infeasible.

EDIT: I've been made aware that this is technically feasible, wether or not its in our best interests to put time into it is a question I do not have an answer for.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
How about a rematch button at the end of a battle so I don't have to go hunting through a constantly scrolling list of names for like a minute in order to challenge the same person multiple times?

I just came up with the best idea of all time. An admin should occasionally host tourneys on pokemonshowdown and the winner of the tournament gets inducted into the hall of fame.

I just ask for a PM inbox function: need'em for my tourneys, i just log off before the tournament's done, so plz add it in Showdown

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
There's no way to get back to the main page/server list once you're on a server. There should be a link to the main page in server lobbies, perhaps the logo at the top of the page can serve as one.

It would be very interesting to introduce a "Disallow animations" preference. Probably many players and myself are surely bothered by them, making the game way too slow or freeze for the worst of us. Personally, I had to stop playing mons because of this.

ps : showdown is capitalist

Ye, that would be a nice function. My ladder matches keep on freezing / lagging which, in combination with the time out function, usually cause me to lose my matches because of that making it hard to ladder.

What about a 1v1 Tier like the Challenge Cup 1v1, except with the pokemon movesets used in Random Battle? The 1v1 game style is quick and fun, but I feel like more practical movesets would add to the experience.

I agree with Mynism, I hate playing on Showdown because I always lag out or something like that.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Would it be possible to make it so OU teams are always categorized as OU? Like, every suspect test you get OU (Suspect Test), OU (Current), and end up with just OU. Depending on when I make / made a team, it could be in any of these categories. It would be nice if the categories would count for any version of OU that pops up in suspect testing.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It would be really cool if the server limited PMs so you can't say the same sentence twice in a row.

It would be very interesting to introduce a "Disallow animations" preference. Probably many players and myself are surely bothered by them, making the game way too slow or freeze for the worst of us. Personally, I had to stop playing mons because of this.

ps : showdown is capitalist
I agree with Mynism, I have to wait alot due to the animations taking time to load. I have had trouble with this multiple times.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Can I just say that if there COULD be less lag, wouldn't it be obvious that it would of been done? obviously changes are being made every day and so while PS might be less laggy over time, it is not a valid suggestion

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Is it just me or is there no way of seeing the exact HP of your own pokémon, just percentage? Can you hover over the display to see it or something I can't figure out? If not, that should probably get changed because there are a number of circumstances where it's extremely useful to see exact HP. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)